Butterfly Kisses

Chapter VIII

Kenna's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/outfit_ix/set?id=188080347

I learned the truth behind Christopher's evil ways soon after my heart went haywire over Spencer. Christopher's mother became pregnant at an early age. His father left the moment he found out. Once Christopher was born, his mother thought he was a hideous baby and immediately wanted to give him up for adoption.

“'Get him the hell away from me!'” his mother commanded the nurse.

His grandparents raised him from that moment on.

He became fascinated with me when he met Kylie at a bar. She told him about our high school life together, and how she was protective of me. Little did she know how badly his past had affected him with the image of perfection.

“I don't understand why these people made fun of her,” Kylie had said. “There is nothing fake about her. They all tell her how ugly she is when, really, she is perfect.”

From that sentence on, he became fascinated with me.

“Kenna.”

I looked up from my journal to see him standing in my doorway.

“Hey, Spencer,” I smiled.

I decided to go home after they arrested Christopher. The team would be staying until tomorrow night, on Uncle Hotch's orders. I think he was trying to relive the past.

“What are you doing here?” I asked Spencer. “I thought you were all going out tonight to celebrate your victory.”

“We all are,” he smiled. “You don't think JJ would let you go out in that, do you?”

I smiled at him, and quickly shooed him out.

15 minutes later, I walked out to find everyone waiting for me. Spencer's laughing smile changed drastically when he looked at me. I smirked slightly to myself as he stood and walked to me.

“You look very beautiful, Kenna,” he whispered. I blushed and only managed to smile back before Derek rushed us all out to the cars.
We drove for about 45 minutes to a club that I never even heard of. What can I say? I'm loyal to my country roots.

JJ and Emily walked in on each side of me. When we walked through the doors, many eyes seemed to look our way. I would hear a few whistles. I suppose short jean shorts with an opened plaid button up and black camisole was not the best outfit of choice.

“Oh, let's all sit in that corner booth,” Emily pointed.

We all followed her. I went to slide in at the back when JJ told me that she wanted to. I happened to end up sitting beside Spencer as well. He gave me a small side smile.

“What can I get you guys to eat?” a blonde waitress smiled.

We stated our orders, but the waitress decided to pull something that pissed me off.

“Just so you know, I get off at 12 tonight,” she whispered to Spencer, who just looked at her confused.

“Way to go, pretty boy,” Derek laughed. “You're already being hit on.”

“Yeah, Spencer, you come to Pennsylvania and now you can get a girlfriend. What a win-win for you,” I rudely stated. Everyone looked at me. “Can you let me out so I can go to the bathroom, please?”

“Sure,” he said, looking slightly surprised by my rude outburst.

I moved out quickly and hastily made my way toward the neon 'RESTROOM' sign.