Status: ONGOING ( but have writers block)

Change

fjorton

Elizabeth nearly threw up when she saw her boyfriend’s face. He had 60 stiches along his cheek right up near his eye and he was badly bruised. She started crying. “Oh my gosh Goosie, you almost lost your eye. Can you play again? Does it hurt?” She was shaking so badly and all Goose could do was pull her into a hug, stroking her hair.

“Baby, I’m okay. Yes love I will be able to play again.” Elizabeth breathed a sigh of relief and snuggled into her boyfriend’s chest. The last thing she needed right now was for Goose to be injured for any amount of time. Shaking, she kissed him gently on the lips.

“Glad you’re okay baby. I didn’t want you…….out for a long time,” she whispered. Goose let out a snort. It was cute how worried she would get about “her boys” during the games they played. Of course, this WAS the conference finals and the last thing they needed was one of their young star players to be out for a long time.

“I’m fine hon, I promise. Where’s Lannie,” he asked, worried as he didn’t see his little girl. Elizabeth bit her lip.

“She went home sick,” she said. Goose frowned.

“Sick? Like…..throwing up sick,” he asked. Elizabeth nodded but gasped in surprise when she felt her baby kick. Goose frowned for a second before he laughed and placed his hand on her stomach. “Calm down there buddy. Give your momma a break,” he said. Elizabeth giggled at his wide smile.

“Like father like son,” she teased, causing Goose to roll his eyes.

“Oh hush it Izzy.” Elizabeth stuck her tongue at him and turned to find her brother standing right behind her.

“Oh hi there big bro,” she said, hugging him. Niklas gently hugged her back and laughed when he felt her baby kick again. He was beyond over joyed to be an uncle-one of his own flesh and blood. He loved Alana more than anything, but this was more special considering it was actually his little sister’s baby.

“I can’t wait until the little guy is born,” he said, placing his hand gently on her stomach. Elizabeth smiled at her brother’s face.

“I can’t either big brother. I can’t either.”

Elizabeth gripped Goose’s hand and let out a scream of pain as another contraction overwhelmed her. They were at the hospital and the young girl was in labor. She had been looking forward to this moment her whole life, but she didn’t realize it was going to be this painful.

“You’re doing great baby. Just hang in there,” Goose whispered, gently rubbing her arm to calm her down. As much as he was looking forward to holding his little boy for the first time, his main focus right now was his girlfriend. Elizabeth let go of his hand a bit, looking scared and worried that she had hurt him. Goose saw the look on her face and smiled. “I’m a hockey player baby. Grab my hand as tight as you need to,” he said. Elizabeth cursed loudly this time as another contraction came over her.

“It hurts,” she growled, squeezing his hand tightly. She closed her eyes and tried to focus on the fact that she was going to hold her baby and not on the pain that she was currently in. She couldn’t help but let out another cry of pain and slammed her head back into the pillows behind her. Finally, Doctor Howard came in.

“I want you to push on your next big contraction okay hon? You’re doing great,” he told her smiling. Elizabeth smiled back at him and gave a loud cry of pain. He hurried to her side. “Push,” he commanded. Elizabeth did as she was told, gripping her boyfriend’s hand the whole time. Tears were running down her cheeks but she ignored them and pushed again. Suddenly, a loud cry filled the room and Doctor Howard gently wrapped the tiny baby in a soft blanket. Elizabeth started to cry as her doctor handed her her son. She gently took him in her arms and held him, ignoring her tired, in-pain body. The only thing she was focused on was her baby. She was fascinated by his tiny hands and she gasped in shock as his tiny hands grabbed her finger.

“Goosie look. He’s got my hand,” she whispered in awe. Goose wrapped an arm around her shoulders and softly laid a hand on his son’s head.

“He’s beautiful Izzy,” he said, tears flowing down his cheeks. He was a tiny boy, but Goose knew in his heart that he’d grow up to be just like his daddy.

“Doctor? How big is he,” Elizabeth asked, taking her eyes off her newborn son for only a second. Doctor Howard smiled.

“5 pounds, 6 ounces and 22 inches long,” he replied. Elizabeth smiled.

“Tiny like his momma but he’s gonna grow to be just like daddy,” she said. Goose gently nudged her.

“What are we gonna name him,” he asked. She thought for a long minute.

“Viggo Gustav Nyquist,” she replied, smiling at her boyfriend. Goose nodded.

“Viggo. That’s perfect baby,” he said, kissing her. It was a few minutes later that April, Niklas, and Alana made their way inside.

“Izzy? Honey, how do you feel,” April asked. Elizabeth smiled.

“I’m tired and sore but I’m happy as can be. Come and meet Viggo,” she replied. April made her way to her daughter’s bedside and gasped at the small bundle of joy lying in her daughter’s arms.

“Oh Izzy. He’s beautiful,” she breathed, tears flowing down her cheeks. She had four children of her own, but that didn’t stop her from still being amazed by a new life everytime she saw it. This was the most special to her because this was her first grandchild. Smiling, she moved out of the way for Niklas and Alana to come to Elizabeth’s side. Alana was staring with her mouth open in shock.

“Mommy? Is dat my broder,” she asked. Elizabeth smiled up at her little daughter.

“Yes honey. This is your little brother Viggo.” Alana still stared at him in shock, but he lips curved into a smile.

“He’s so wittle mommy.” This was her first ever experience with a newborn, so it didn’t surprise any of the adults in the room how shocked she was. She squirmed to get down and her Uncle Niklas placed her gently on the bed next to her mother. She gently reached out to touch her little brother’s fingers and looked up at her parents. “We gotta pwotect him mommy and dada,” she said, her happy face turning to concern. Elizabeth’s eyes filled with tears at the fact that her three year old daughter was already protective of her little brother.

“We will protect him, baby. We will,” she whispered.