Status: How love kills cancer.

24 Days

Chapter Four - Depressing Park

So we went, We snuck out of the hospital and went to a real park instead of the old depressing hospital park.
You can tell, by the spark Alexa had in her eyes, That she was truly happy, She never stopped smiling once, And Dice kept telling us about the stupid things he did as a child.
When he was 8 years old, He actually rode a bicycle down the stairs and broke his arm.
I was literally crying of laughter when he asked me about my childhood.
"Don't you have any embarrassing stories as a child?" He asked.
"Not really" I looked at Alexa.
"Not even happy memories?!" He exclaimed.
I shared sad looks with Alexa "No, None actually"
He looked down.
Me and Alexa knew I didn't have any child memories because I was adopted.
The thing is that my parents didn't die in a car crash or anything, My parents just didn't want me.
My mum adopted me because she couldn't have kids , She's just a great mother and she treats me like she gave birth to me.
"Alex, I think we should leave now, We are going to be in so much trouble if your mum came back and didn't find you" I sighed.
"I guess, Come on guys"
"We had a great time" Dice said.
"We did" Alexa smiled.

Dice drove back to the hospital and we found that her mother was waiting for us.
"How could you do something like that?! Oh gosh, Mallory! I trusted you!" Her mum shouted at me.
"Okay mum!" Alexa grabbed her arm.
"Don't blame her, It was my fault, I was feeling really depressed and I insisted on going out of the hospital, She tried to stop me but she couldn't" Alexa slowly spoke and looked at Dice "Dice tried to stop me too" Dice nodded.
He obviously wasn't looking for trouble especially with Alexa's mother, She was pretty strict.
"You worried me!" She heavily sighed.
"I'm alright mum, Mallory took care of everything, She made sure I got enough oxygen and that I was breathing alright" She calmed her mother down.
"We're sorry Mrs. Lester" Dice looked down.
"Come on guys, Let's go to my room" Alexa announced.
We pushed Alexa's wheel until we reached her room, Dice slowly closed the door and we broke into deep laughter.
"I'm sorry Mrs. Lester" I said making fun of Dice's deep voice.
"Woah! I'm so glad she stopped there" Alexa chuckled.
"I told you we're going to be in so much trouble" I sat on Alexa's bed.
"Well that was fun" Dice sat next to me.
"It's getting late, I should get going, I'm not a fan of walking home at night, My mum took the car" I said.
"It's fine, Dice can drive you" Alexa smiled.
"Yeah, It's a great idea" Dice grinned.
"Uh, It's fine really" My mind was going NO NO NO! Being alone with Dice would ruin everything.
"It's totally okay Mallory, It's not like I'm going to make you pay for the gas" Dice laughed.
Alexa quickly nodded at me as an encouragement to say yes to the car ride.
"Okay. Fine, Thank you Dice" I faked a smile.
I know what you're thinking, Dice and I, Alone in the dark night and in a car. Great.

We'd said goodbye to Alexa and left, Dice walked me to his car and opened the door for me.
"Thank you" I smiled as he closed the car door.
"Buckle up! Safety first" He gestured towards the seat belt.
"Okay" I replied.