‹ Prequel: You Never Know
Status: Word in Progress - Will try to update once to twice a week

Flying High

11. Lady Flower

11. Lady Flower

(Max’s POV)

The road trip was ended up being successful for us; we won four of the six games and I had at least a point in each game.
Breeze and I spent our free time getting to know each other better in the following weeks and I officially asked her to be my girlfriend at the beginning of December.

I was woken early to the sounds of a phone ringing. Breeze shifts next to me as I rummage for the offending device. I finally find the phone and press accept.

“Hello?” my voice is dry so the word comes out gruffly.
“Maxime? Did I wake you dear?” a distinct French accent comes across the receiver.

“V?” I took at the bed-side clock, it’s nearly 5 in the morning, “Is everything okay?”
“Yes, everything is fine. I was wondering if you would do me a favor,” I can hear what sounds like a pots banging around – Vero must be cooking breakfast.

“Sure V….What do you have in mind?” I ask – I grab a pen and a sheet of paper off of the counter in case I need to write anything.

“Well, I have been talking to Abby Sharp; we want to do something special for Nicole’s birthday. We were thinking maybe a video montage – and we need you to record a message. Nothing complicated; just a simple birthday wish. I am going to call the Staal’s and some of her other friends from around the league – Marc-Andre Fleury stop that!” Vero tells her husband.

“That sounds great Vero; I’ll get right on that,” I say, Breeze walks into the kitchen and gives me a quick kiss before reaching for the Keurig,” Hey V, do you have a Videographer already?”
“Not yet,” Vero says.

“Good, because I know a great one,” I say as a smile crosses my features.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I say goodbye to Vero and walk up behind Breeze, wrapping my arm around her waist, “Good morning beautiful,” I gently kiss her shoulder.

She turns in my arms and gives me a smile, “Well good morning to you too. You’re up earlier than norma. Is everything okay?”

“Yeah, Vero – Marc-Andre’s wife – called. She’s in cahoots with Abby Sharp; they’re planning a surprise for Nicole’s birthday and wanted me to contribute,” I say before fixing my own coffee.

“Ah – the allusive Nicole – when will I get to meet her?” Breeze asks; Breeze had been shocked when she found out that there was a female in the NHL and had been wanting to meet Nic ever since.

“Not until we play the Hawks again….so after New Years,” I tell her.

Breeze nods her head in understanding, “So what is the surprise Lady Flower is planning?”

“A video montage – they need me to send a message and want to get Nicole’s other friends from around the league to send a message too; they also need a videographer,” I give her a sly smile.

Breeze sits in my lap, “Well, it’s pretty convenient that you know one.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Breeze’s POV)

Max had just left for practice; it was my day off and I was planning on playing catch up with some of the Flyer’s edits that I had yet to finish.

Several hours and roughly forty edits later, I finally break for lunch. I decide to grill some chicken and make a salad; I’m nearly finished when my Face Time chimes.

“Mom!” I shout as the screen lights up.
“Baby Girl! How are you? How is Philadelphia treating you?” my mom asks.

“I’m good; Philly’s great,” I say with a smile.
“Oh is it now?” Mom gives me a knowing look, “Any particular reason for that?”

“Well…..I’m seeing someone,” I feel myself blush; I had told my mom about my crush on Max but we hadn’t talked since becoming a couple.

“So he finally asked you huh?” mom asked.

“Yes Ma’am I did,” I nearly fall out of my chair; Max was back from practice and had sneaked up on my.

“Maxime! Don’t do that! You nearly gave me a heart attack!” I chastise; Mom laughs at my embarrassment.

Max kisses my forehead, “I’m sorry; I thought you heard me come in.”
“You should have locked your door Breeze,” Mom says; clearly taking Max’s side.
I give them both a look, “Geez, thanks mom.”

Max takes a seat next to me after grabbing a water. We talk to my mom a while longer before disconnecting. I close the lap top and move to the couch; Max follows.

He props up on the sectional and I burrow into his side, “How was practice?” I ask before flipping through the channels.
“Good; the guys asked about you. They want to come over if that’s alright.”

Max still lives with Claude but spends most of his time at my apartment. It’s too soon for us to really move in together but I’ve gotten used to him being around. He still respects that it’s my place though, and always asks before inviting any of his friends over.

“That’s fine but I’m not cooking tonight so they need to decide what takeout they want,” I say as we settle on a series to watch.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Max’s POV)

Claude and Cass are the first two too arrive with Steve and Jake in tow. Cassidy bypasses me and embraces Breeze first.
“Glad to see where I stand,” I chirp the fiery red head.
“Get used to it Mon ami,” Claude says before hugging Breeze.
Cass comes back to give me a hug, “Us girls have to stick together.”
“Plus she smells better,” Steve chirps; his arm is draped over Breeze’s shoulder and she sticks her tongue out at me.

Wayne, Ray, Brayden, and Luke arrive soon after; rounding us out to ten people in total. The guys take over the living room while Breeze and Cassidy retreat to the kitchen. They reemerge holding several pamphlets.

“Okay guys, what do y’all feel like tonight?” Breeze holds the menu’s up – they range from sub shops to Cantina.

“Barty’s,” Wayne says automatically.
“Dude no; we had that three days ago,” Steve veto’s the sandwich shop. Breeze tosses the menu on the table as a ‘No’ pile.

“What do you girls want?” I ask; the guys snicker.
Breeze and Cass look at each other and grin, “Momma Maria,” they say in unison.
“Momma Maria it is then,” I say; they walk back to the kitchen.

Brayden makes a whip noise; both Jake’s and Steve laugh.

“You’re totally whipped,” Wayne chirps.
I throw a pillow at him, “Whatever; I’m just keeping the ladies happy.”
“Whatever,” Luke Schenn says as he starts up Mario Cart.

“Don’t worry Talbo; the kids don’t know anything about keeping women happy,” Claude backs me up.
“Hey I can keep a girl happy,” Brayden argues.
“Yeah, for all five minutes,” Steve chirps.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Max’s POV)

Twelve rounds of Mario Cart, ten plates of Momma Maria’s, and several hours of goofing off later, the guys and Cassidy finally leave for their own homes. Breeze sinks into the cushions next to me and lets out a loud sigh.

“Good day?” I ask.
She shifts to face me, “Great day. I’m glad the guys and Cass came over.”

“They love you,” I shrug; the team adores Breeze fully and several have already warned me that if I ever mess up, they would be waiting.

“Well they’re great guys,” she says, “Do you know what I really want right now?”
I give her a quizzical look, “What is that?”

“You.”

I give Breeze a heated kiss before scooping her up; I was not going to make her wait for that request.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have put this story in Fast forward to play catch up with the other one. they take place in the same season so i dont want them to have too much of a gap.

As always all comments and suggestions are welcomed!
Let me know what you think!