‹ Prequel: You Never Know
Status: Word in Progress - Will try to update once to twice a week

Flying High

12. Third Favorite Place

12. Third Favorite Place

(Breeze’s POV)

I was sitting in my office and trying to figure out why the video footage of Steve’s interview looked off. I had been staring at the computer screen for nearly an hour when I finally realized that his shirt was stained. I let out an audible groan and jotted down a re-shoot – I was not about to let a stained shirt take center stage. A knock on my door pulled me away from the screen.

“Hello Beautiful, do you have a moment to spare?” Max was half way leaning into my office.
I give him a smile, “Come on in Max.”

“What are you up too?” he questions after giving me a quick kiss.
I sigh, “I was trying to edit some video footage but I’m going to have to reshoot with Steve.”
“What, did his ugly mug break the lens?” Max chirps.

I give him a gentle swat, “No, his shirt was stained and I refuse to let a stained shirt be what this organization becomes famous for.”

“When will you be finished?” Max asks.
“I was about to call Steve in now. I need an hour to shoot, about another to edit, then I can upload this evening…. Why?” I question.

“Well, I was wondering if you wanted to get out of the city for Christmas,” Max pulls out an envelope from is pocket and hands it to me.

I look at the man perched on the edge of my desk before opening the packet, “Oh Max!”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Max’s POV)

“Attention Passengers this is your Captain speaking. We are now beginning our descent to Nashville International; please fasten your seat belts and place all trays and seats in their upright positions. We hope you have enjoyed your flight with us today. For those staying in Nashville, I would like to extend a warm welcome and for those who have connections to catch, have a safe flight.”

Excitement radiated off of Breeze as the plane was taxied. She had been talking nonstop the last three days about Nashville. Even though I had told her I had been before I apparently hadn’t ‘experienced’ the city. It was cute though to see how excited she was about the surprise trip.

“Max are you listening?” Breeze’s voice pulled me from my thoughts.
I give a small smile, “I’m sorry, what did you say.”

Breeze laughs, “I said, I want to take you to the falls before we leave.”
“We can do whatever you want ma belle; this is your trip, I a simply along for the ride,” I take her hand and press a soft kiss to the back.

We exit the plane and I allow Breeze to lead the way out of the airport. We gather our bags as they come down the shoot. Breeze starts to pull me toward the car rentals when a woman shouts at us.

“BREEZE!”

Breeze’s head snaps around fast enough to give her whip lash. She drops my hand, and her bag, and runs into the waiting arms of the woman.

“Momma! What are you doing here?” I see tears have escaped; I didn’t tell her that her mom was picking us up, it was part of the surprise.

“I’m here for you silly,” Her mother, Rebecca, lets go and gives me a hug, “Max, it’s nice to officially meet you honey.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too Mrs. Jones,” I say, giving Breeze a wink.
“Oh none of that now, call me Rebecca. Mrs. Jones is my mother-in-law; bless her.”
“Momma,” Breeze’s tone is disapproving and I get the feeling Rebecca and her mom-in-law don’t see eye to eye.

“Yes ma’am,” I say before grabbing both bags.

Rebecca ushers us out to the car. I settle in the back of the SUV and watch the two women catch up.
I prop my head against the window and before I realize it, I doze off.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Breeze’s POV)

We reach the house and I see Max has fallen asleep in the back of the car. Mom smiles and retrieves a couple of the smaller bags before heading inside.

“Max, wake up,” I gently prod the sleeping man, “We’re here.”
Max jumps slightly and looks around bleary eyed, “Merde, I didn’t mean to fall asleep. Sorry babe.”
I laugh as he stretches, “Don’t worry about it Max. Momma and I probably bored you to sleep.”
He pulls me close and I melt into his side, “You could never bore me.”

A whistle breaks the moment causing us both to jump, “Is that my baby girl?”
“Daddy!” just like at the airport, I break from Max’s grasp and run into the waiting arms of my father.

“Welcome home, sugar,” My dad lifts me off the ground and swings me around like used to do when I was little – it’s become our normal greeting when I leave for long periods of time.

He places me back down and I can see a megawatt smile on Max’s face.

“Daddy this is my boyfriend, Max Talbot. Max, this is my Daddy, Thomas,” I say, making the introductions.

“Please, call me Tommy – everyone does,” Dad says as he shakes Max’s hand.
“It’s nice to meet you Tommy. Beautiful place you have here,” Max says.

“Well thank you Max. Many years of hard work earned this place for me and my girls. Bree can show you around after dinner,” Dad says as he starts pulling the larger bags out of the cars.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Max’s POV)

Dinner consisted of a home cooked roast, a variety of vegetables. Conversation flowed between myself and Breeze’s parents; her mom asked about the area of Montreal that I was from – my parents live only a mile from her sister – and her dad quizzed me on hockey – for someone Breeze claimed to not be a fan of the game, the man knew his stuff.

I offered to help clean up after, but Tommy told us to ‘clear out’; apparently that was Breeze’s cue to show me the property.

The Jones’ owned fifty acres of pastures and trees. Breeze walked me around the immediate property, showing me pond she learned to swim in, the now empty chicken coop that her mom hated but her dad insisted on keeping because he wanted to raise more chickens, and the newly renovated horse barn.

We walked down the fence line to see the horses. Breeze climbed on the top rail to sit while I stepped up on the bottom rung.

“It’s beautiful here, Breeze,” I say quietly.
She takes a moment to answer, “It’s my third favorite place in the world.”
I look questioning at her, “What is your second favorite place?”
“The falls,” she answers without skipping a beat.
“And the first?”

A small smile creeps across her face, “You’ll have to wait and see.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my Goodness guys! I didn't realize how long it had been since I last wrote!
I'm so sorry for the long wait and I hope this chapter makes up for it some. I will be working on another chapter to have posted this week so be on the look out!

As always all comments and suggestions are welcomed!

Let me know what you think!

Also I will be writing an All Star Chapter - It won't be for a couple of chapter still so it will coincide with my other story - it will be from Max's POV.

I am asking for suggestions on players you might like featured in that chapter. it can be from any team. the most popular request will have interactive places withing the chapter.

So here is what I need from you guys:
1. Place for contest
2. Captain's of teams
3. Co-Captains
4. Players for teams - this is forwards, goalies, and D-men

If you would like to see a particular pairing/faceoff please let me know.
Example: Kane vs Toews or Crosby/Toews vs Kane/Malkin

Like I said, I am looking for the most popular players mentioned. you can send via private messenger or simply leave a comment.

Thank you for your help!