Second Heartbeat

Lying

I looked at Brian frantically and he gave me a face that said, "You better play along."

Which I did.

"So how did it happen?" Joanne asked. Zacky's face looked really pale and totally confused. It was kind of cute in a disturbing way.

"Uh…" was all I could muster.

"Well," Brian began. "we'd rather not talk about our personal business if it's all right with you."

I sighed in relief because I really didn't want to make up some story about how me and Brian did it. Which is really disturbing if you ask me. Not saying that Brian is ugly or anything, trust me I know a lot of girls who would throw themselves at Brian's feet, but I'm just not one of them.

I looked over at Johnny and he the weirdest expression on his face ever. I didn't know whether to laugh at him or to be totally scared. And after a while it just bothered me.

"What?" I finally asked him.

"Nothing," He answered. "I'm just trying to imagine you two actually doing the dirty deed…."

Matt smacked him on the back of the head and Jimmy began snickering. Which began to ease the tension that was beginning to form in the group. But the awkward silence came, sadly. We all stood there for what seemed to be forever until Jimmy said something.

Thank God!

"So…are you two together?" Jimmy finally asked.

Brian and I looked at each other. Both of us with eyebrows arched. Then we shuddered.

"No!" we answered in a unison.

"But your still going to help take of the baby right, Brian?" Matt asked crossing his arm.

"Of course! What kind of father would I be if I didn't." Brian said with his gaze directed at Zacky. Zacky looked at the ground his cap hiding his face.

"So how long have you been pregnant?" Matt asked.

"I'd have to say about a month," I said with the tip of my finger tapping against my chin as I pondered it for a while.

"Well lets go walk around. I think we're all about done here." Joanne said as she tugged on Zacky's arm. Jealousy creeping all around my body.

"Um, actually I think I better go. It's getting late and Mom will probably get worried," I lied. I just didn't want to see Zacky being groped all over by the blonde Barbie.

"I'll drive you home." Brian said as he pulled his keys out of his jean pocket. I gave him a silent thank you and said my good-byes to everyone.

Once we were in the car I turned on the radio and turned to Brian.

"Hey Brian, is it okay if we drop by Megan's place. She's staying over my place tonight, plus I need someone their while I tell my Mom the news about my pregnancy," I said as I fumbled with my fingers on my lap.

"Oh, I see, haven't told the parentals yet have you?"

I shook my head and looked out the window.

We drove off in silence with Motley Crue quietly playing in the background, obviously Brian left their CD in the stereo. Once we were close to Megan's, I took out my cell and told her to meet us out front. When we drove up her driveway she got in car.

"What's up guys, how was the mall?" she asked.

"It was okay, didn't stay for long," I answered.

"Obviously, I wasn't expecting you to be here for like another hour or so. So did you tell the rest of the guys about you and Zacky?"

"Not exactly…" I muttered. Brian started chuckling and I looked over at him.

"What's so funny?" I asked him.

"Dude, it's hard to see you and Zacky actually doing it." I punched Brian lightly on the shoulder.

"I know, right?" Megan said, and with that they both came out with an outburst of laughter. I groaned.

"Guys!" I exclaimed.

"Okay I'm sorry, but do the guys know now? How did Miss Blondie take it?" Megan asked.

"Well we didn't exactly tell them that Zacky's the dad…" I mumbled.

"Then who do they think is the dad then?"

"Me," Brian answered.

"Dude, are you serious? They actually think Haner is the dad!" Megan exclaimed.

"Well, Zacky looked like he was about to pass out and Izzy didn't seem to have a clue what was going on," Brian said.

"And I am forever in your dept, Brian." I smiled at him.

"Ah, no problem. But you know, I can't keep this lie up forever. They're going to find out eventually, especially Joanne."

"If she even last that long. I hate that stupid blonde bitch. I don't see why Zacky doesn't just dump her," Megan muttered under her breathe.

"He's really happy with her, and if he's happy she can't be to bad," I said hopeful.

"Yeah, but she's the only reason you guys are even lying in the first place. Plus, I'm pretty sure she was slept with half the schools population of boys," Megan said as she examined her nails.

"Don't you think you guys are being a little stereotypical?" I suggested.

"Nope." Megan and Brian said in a unison. I sighed out of relief as Brian pulled up to my house and quickly got out of the car.

"Thanks again, Brian." I said as I waved bye to him.

"No problem tell me how your parents take it and see if I'm still allowed over." He said before driving off.

I groaned as I look at my house knowing that my dear mother was inside. Megan wrapped an arm around me and we made our way inside my house. I could only pray to the heavens that my mom wouldn't kill me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter sucks But I will update as soon as possible :D

comments = Love