Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

A Thousand Years

Chapter Four The Life of the Savior

Chapter Four
The Life of the Savior

Matt narrowed his eyes at me as he hung up the phone but I ignored him and his rambling rant of scolding me about answering his phone. I sat on my knees mere inches from the TV as he appeared. Oni Yoshikowa was the hottest rock star in all of Japan. And my outlet for my feelings that Jimmy had no interest in. I squealed like a fan girl as he started to speak. Matt narrowed his eyes kneeling next to me.

“Krissi! Listen to me!”
Matt began, I pinched his lips together with my index finger and my thumb.
“Shush! My future husband is talking”.
Matt rolled his eyes as I listened to Oni talking about his upcoming show. I had entered a contest to win tickets to the show and was clutching my entrance number in my other fist waiting eagerly to hear the number called.

“And who is the lucky girl who gets tickets to your show and a chance to meet you in person?”
The interviewer said. I beamed holding my breath praying he would call number 27. As I kept repeating the number in my head, Oni smiled at the camera and said.

“27”.
I jumped to my feet squealing like a fan girl as I flung my arms around Matt jumping up and down with him. Matt narrowed his eyes.
“Get a hold of yourself woman! You can’t go!”
Matt said. I narrowed my eyes at him.

“What!”
Matt sighed prying himself free and turning off the tv.
“Krissi, adjusting to Japan has been hard for us both and I get that. And you’re missing Jimmy. I know because you have those nightmares every night calling out for him.”
I looked away from him. Matt gripped my shoulders.
“But you are not a fan girl remember? Ever since you heard that guy’s voice on the radio you’ve been acting strange. And this isn’t like you!”
I shrugged his hands from my shoulders.

“You’re full of it! I’m no different than I was before! And I’m going to meet Oni! Deal with it”.
I turned on my heels storming out of the room. I tucked the number inside my bra pressing my robes back into place. Matt and I were living with my mentor Yuki who was very old fashioned and formal Japanese. We ore temple robes unless we were out in public. And she worked us hard, if we weren’t training we had chores and school work to do. Yuki was always tough but fair. It was time for my training and I’d changed into my marshal art’s garments tying the white belt around my waste in a double knot before I headed across the grounds.

“Yuki-San”.
I smiled at her. Yuki turned to me and gave a rare half smile in my direction.
“You’re on time. You must want something”.

I bit my lip looking down.
“I won a contest, I get to go to Oni Yoshikowa’s next show and I get to meet him”.
Yuki kept her back to me as she finished up her personal training session she would have to clear her head.

“You can’t go”.
Yuki said in a flat tone and I nearly fell over gaping at her. She’d used the same tone Matt had and everything.
“What? Why not! This is super important to me!”
I whined. Yuki looked back at me crossing her arms.
“Because you are the divine, the heavenly maiden. It is unfit for you to be running around to rock shows unprotected and meeting random rock stars who may or may not be demons”.
Yuki said. I turned away from her.
“But Oni isn’t a demon! He’s an amazing guy and I have to meet him! This is my one chance at happiness!”
I dropped to my knees begging her now.

Yuki sighed crossing her arms.
“Please Yuki! One night and I promise you nothing bad will happen!”
I beamed at her. Yuki shook her head.
“I won’t bend the rules. We have customs and they need to be upheld. You are our salvation and I won’t have you running around like some mindless teenager”.
I narrowed my eyes the lights starting to flicker as I did. Yuki took a step back.
“Sometimes it’s like you don’t want me to be a teenager! Well guess what? I AM a teenager! And I’m going to see Oni if you like it or not!”
I stormed out of the dojo.

-----------------------------------
The next morning, I sat at the bus stop with Matt listening to Oni’s latest song on my headphones and looking down at the number I’d drawn. I couldn’t believe Oni called my number. It was like destiny and I couldn’t believe it. Matt looked sideways at me but we hadn’t talked since our argument last night. I wasn’t speaking to him or Yuki. I had every right to do this and no one was going to stop me. The bus arrived and we got on. I took a seat next to the only friend I’d made here in Japan. Ami she was different like me.

“What’s going on?”
Ami asked looking between Matt and I. I didn’t look at him crossing my arms. Matt rolled his eyes.
“Someone is being a drama queen cause she isn’t going to meet Oni whatever his last name is”.
Matt said. I shot him a hard look.

“You better learn his last name fast cause its gunna be mine someday!”
I growled. Ami frowned.
“You two never fight. You’re always in sync with each other”.
Ami said. I looked away from him.
“Well maybe if Matt wasn’t a jerk I wouldn’t be mad at him right now”.
Matt narrowed his eyes at me gripping my shoulders.
“Get a hold of yourself. You love Jimmy!”
I gaped at him. It was the first time he’d spoken Jimmy’s name since we got here. Really said it with feeling. He kept hold of my shoulders and I saw how much he missed Jimmy too.

“Well, Jimmy isn’t in love with me. Like you said I need to move on and I am. So butt out of my life Matt!”
I shrugged free from him getting off the bus at the next stop.
“I can’t butt out! I’m your fucking guardian!”
Matt yelled after me as I ran off the bus. Tears rolling down my cheeks as I did. I hated fighting with Matt and yet at the same time I was so mad at him for trying to stand between Oni and I. like he didn’t want me to be happy at all. As I ran away from the bus station my shoulder bumped someone else’s and I fell only to be swept up in someone’s arms.

My eyes widened as I gaped up at Oni Yoshikowa who smiled down at me holding me wedding style as the rays of sunlight wrapped around him like a halo. My heart clutched in my chest and I couldn’t speak...
♠ ♠ ♠
<3