Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

A Thousand Years

Chapter Six Choices

Chapter Six
Choices
P.O.V Jimmy

I listened to everything Matt said, my eyes narrowing with suspicion. There was no fucking way any of this shit was true. No way that Krissi was some Divine guardian meant to do battle with the devil. And sure as hell no fucking way Matt was a million year old guardian meant to defend her. I got up crossing the room to the window.
“Yeah fucking right Matt”.
I growled into the phone as I fixed my eyes on the clear night sky. Matt was silent for a moment before speaking again.

“Are you actually accusing me of making this shit up?”
Matt asked. I smirked to myself.
“I’m not accusing, I’m flat out fucking saying your full of fucking shit and I hate you”.
I growled back at him.

“You know what! Right now I’m hooked up to some fucking device giving Kristen blood because she tried to kill herself! A demon is inside her head manipulating her and changing her personality! And the one person I thought could save her was you! The guy she’s loved all her life. Boy was I fucking wrong! And another thing. I told you Krissi and I were together because I didn’t think you were good enough for her. Now I know I was fucking right. Rot in hell asshole”.
The phone went dead after that. I scoffed rolling my eyes calling Krissi’s phone. Matt was making that shit up he had to be. As I waited for an answer I paced the room knew she was going to pick up the phone and be fine.

“H-Hello?”
A girl’s voice answered but it wasn’t Krissi.
“Um hi who is this? Do I have the wrong number?”
I said hoping I did. The girl cleared her throat sounding like she’d been crying.
“N-no, you are Jimmy right? The one Krissi keeps a picture of by her bed?”
I smirked to myself knowing that made me happy. I looked over at the picture I kept by my bed from when we were really young.
“Yeah, I’m Jimmy who’s this?”
I said. The girl paused for a moment as if to gather herself before speaking
“Ami, I’m a friend of Krissi and Matt’s.”
I leaned back against the wall.

“Great can you put Krissi on I need to clear some bullshit Matt told me up”.
I said. Again there was a pause.
“I can’t, Krissi’s barely clinging to life right now. Matt found her, she’s been changing quite a bit. Matt believes a demon is manipulating her forcing her to act this way. He said you were the only one who could bring her out of this”.
I narrowed my gaze slightly as I stood upright.
“What? You mean he was telling the truth?”
I said feeling sick to my stomach.
“What demon? Whose doing this to her?”
I growled.
“A man named Oni Yoshikowa, a powerful rock star here in Japan. He is untouchable. And Krissi didn’t start changing until she heard a song of his on the radio”.
I quickly moved around the room starting to pack my things.
“What else can you tell me? What hospital are you at?”
I asked as I kept packing.

“Tokyo General.”
Ami said. I zipped up the bag I’d crammed everything into.
“Tell Matt I’m coming!”
I hung up and rushed out the door without a word to my parents. As I rushed out to my car I saw something on the windshield just under the wiper. It was a ticket to Tokyo some money and documents allowing me to stay with Krissi and Matt. Krissi’s grandmother must have come around. She wouldn’t even hear me out when I went to talk to her. I got in the car heading for the airport.

The flight was excruciatingly long but when I finally landed in Tokyo I rushed out catching a cab and managing to tell the man where to take me. My eyes narrowed as I saw all the traffic. Once I finally arrived at the hospital I ran inside seeing what looked like Matt. But he was wearing a school uniform. I almost laughed at the sight of him looking so studious. He narrowed his eyes at me and I saw the bandages around his forearm his sleeve rolled up. I sighed looking away from her.
“Can I just see her?”
Matt crossed his arms.
“What makes you think she wants to see you?”

Before I could answer I heard her voice.
“Jimmy?”
I turned seeing her being brought back to her room in a wheel chair, bandages around her arms binding the cuts. Even though she looked weak and frail she forced herself out of the chair flinging herself into my arms. I caught her holding her tightly as we sank to the floor she was too weak to stand. She clutched the back of my jacket crying softly. I pet her hair kissing the top of her head.
“I’m here”.
I whispered to her. Matt looked less than pleased as he diverted his gaze but the girl, I assumed was Ami smiled looking between us.
“What are you doing here?”
She whispered looking up at me. I smiled down at her drying her eyes.
“I came to be with you, um and Matt”.
I showed her the papers and Matt narrowed his eyes.

“What?”
He grabbed them form me. Krissi smiled up at me.
“That’s great news, the doctor said I could go home today. Since they have me on this medication now”.
She diverted her eyes and I noticed Ami cringe at the mention of it. I smiled at her.
“That’s great I got here just in time for your welcome home party”.
I said keeping the mood as light as I could for her. Krissi beamed up at me.

When we arrived back at the temple Yuki who introduced herself as Krissi’s mentor gave me one of the bigger rooms. Most of the rooms in this place were really small. I unpacked my things and wondered around a bit finding my way back to Krissi’s room. She was sitting looking up at the sky as the sun came down on her. She must have sensed me watching because she looked over and smiled at me. I walked into the room sitting on the other side of her, my eyes darting to her bandages. This was so unlike the girl I knew, untouched by darkness and free from the bad things in the world. Now she looked damaged but that didn’t take away from how fucking beautiful she was. Like an angel with a broken wing.
“Can I ask what made you do that to yourself?”
I said looking at her. Krissi shook her head lightly.

“I don’t remember”.
She whispered looking down at them.
“Everything was dark inside me. There was someone else with me but I couldn’t see him. He told me that I’d never have what I wanted most so, death was the only option at least that’s how it felt”.
Krissi quickly whipped her tears away and I put my arm around her shoulders.
“Hey, you can have anything you want in this world. I’ll make sure you get it”.
As she looked up at me I saw the one thing she wanted in her eyes. It was me after all the shit and all this time. The one thing she wanted had never changed. She quickly diverted her gaze.

“Thanks, that’s nice of you to say Jimmy”.
Krissi looked over at the radio as it came to life all on its own. My eyes narrowed as the radio started to play the Nirvana song “All Apologies”. She looked back at me giving a light laugh.
“Well, at least the ghosts here have good taste”.
She joked and I started to wonder just how safe it was for Krissi here. I got up walking over to the radio turning it off but the music didn’t stop. Krissi stood hugging herself. I kept trying to turn it off and even unplugged it but the music only got louder.

“What the fuck!”
I roared. Suddenly everything stopped when Matt appeared in the doorway.
“What’s going on in here?”
His eyes narrowed mainly at me. Krissi frowned a bit.
“They don’t like Jimmy”.
Matt looked at me then at Krissi.
“Who?”
Matt asked, Krissi sat down hugging her knees to her chest.
“The ghosts they’re always watching me now, now that I’ve been tainted”.
Matt and I looked at each other.

“Krissi, you’ll be sleeping in my room for the next few nights”.
Matt said. Krissi nodded and I resisted the urge to punch him in the face. Matt pulled me into the hall.
‘What are you really doing here?”
He hissed, I narrowed my eyes back at him.
“What do you think? I’m here to protect her”.
Matt growled.
“Yeah you’re doing a real fucking good job, this demon has ghosts watching her and now they know you’re here and you’re a threat! You’re just as much a target as she is”.
Matt hissed again. I crossed my arms.

“Look, I believe you ok? How do we keep her safe?”
I looked over my shoulder towards Krissi’s room. A new song started playing full blast. It was Distrubed’s song “Hell”. Matt went into the room and grabbed her my eyes narrowed as I walked into the room.
“If I piss you off that much! Tell your fucking demon master I’m not going anywhere! And if he wants Krissi he’ll get her over my dead fucking body!”
Matt gaped at me.
“Don’t tempt them!”
Krissi moved quickly wrapping her arms around me as a surge of energy wrapped around us shielding me from shadows that shot out of the wall. The light was coming from her body as she held tight to me protecting me with everything inside her until she fell limp and weak. Matt and I got her out of the room backing up as the door slid closed on its own.

“Ok. I’m helping you end of story”.
I said looking at Matt not giving him a chance to argue, whatever this thing was and whoever this fucking guy was. He’d answer to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3