Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

A Thousand Years

Chapter Seven Feelings

Chapter Seven
Feelings
Krissi P.O.V.

Images of demons and apocalyptic settings rushed through my mind. I was being consumed by darkness until there was a glint of light and I felt the warmth. The salvation that came with that light. I felt his arms wrap around me and hold me close against him.

As I gazed up into the deep blue eyes of Jimmy I knew he was sent to me too. From what Matt told me in all our lifetimes it had just been the two of us. Which meant that someone somewhere sent me to do something Matt wasn’t capable of. Matt didn’t have the ability to love me in a romantic sense. In a sense that meant going above and beyond because he was in love with me.

When I jolted awake in a cold sweat I saw Matt was still passed out on his bed roll. The blankets pulled up around his head like normal. I sat up and gave a heavy sigh pushing myself to stand I tip toed out of Matt’s room. Making my way down the hall I peeked into Jimmy’s bedroom. Jimmy looked up seeing me he smiled.

“Hey”.
He said in a whisper. I smiled back at him.
“Matt’s snoring”.
I said, Jimmy laughed moving over and making room for me. I walked over curling up next to him resting my head on his chest. His arms slipped around me and I actually felt safe for the first time since whatever happened to me. I still couldn’t bring myself to believe that Oni was the demon who got inside my head and had those dark spirits spying on me now.

“Are you sure you’re ok with this?”
I asked looking up at Jimmy, he smiled down at me tucking my hair behind my ear.
“I’m ok with it, I like keeping you safe. I know Matt’s been your guardian forever now, but I want to keep you safe too and I’ll do whatever it takes to do that”.
I smiled up at him as his hand grazed my cheek. In the light of the pail moon Jimmy seemed to have a glow about him that was otherworldly. He placed a kiss on my forehead and we ended up going to sleep.

“It’s so awesome that Jimmy is here now”.
Ami beamed at me as we walked arm in arm together towards school after getting off the bus. Matt would be arriving a bit later with Jimmy. I smiled at her giving a nod.
“I’m happy he’s here too”.
We arrived at the gates seeing a mob of girls squealing and screaming like fan girls. As the mass mob parted I gaped at him. Oni smirked making his way towards me. Ami narrowed her eyes moving forwards holding her arm out keeping me back. Oni ignored her completely.

“Hime chan. I heard you were in the hospital. I hope you weren’t seriously wounded”.
Oni said and I was grateful for the long sleeves of my blazer.
“I’m fine Oni”.
I said hoping to get everyone to stop looking at me. Some people had their phones out recording the encounter. Oni stepped in closer his hand grazing my cheek as he gazed down at me.
“I don’t know what I’d do if anything happened to my Hime”.
He whispered seductively making my head spin.

“Krissi!”
Matt called running up to me with Jimmy. Jimmy’s eyes narrowed seeing Oni as Matt pulled me back from him. Oni smirked looking at Matt.
“And still your brother thinks I mean you harm”.
Matt glared at him keeping his arm around my shoulders as Jimmy stepped forwards.

“Is this the guy?”
Jimmy said sounding cold. Matt nodded.
“Yeah, this is the guy”.
Before Oni could get a word out Jimmy slammed his fist hard across Oni’s face busting his lip as he knocked Oni on his ass. Jimmy narrowed his eyes.

“Stay the fuck away from her!”
Jimmy roared at him before grabbing my hand and pulling me through the mob that had gathered. I looked back over my shoulder seeing Oni smirking at Jimmy wiping the blood from his mouth.
“You punched him”.
I gaped. Jimmy rubbed his fist.
“He’s lucky that was all I fucking did”.
I took his hand into mine sitting down with him on a bench. His knuckles were bruised.
“We should get you some ice before this swells”.
I said looking at him.

“I’ll take you to the infirmary”.
I said but before I could get up Jimmy moved in his lips crashing into mine. My eyes widened as he kissed me. I was stunned by the warmth and tenderness of his kiss. I’d never kissed anyone before. My heart pounding hard in my chest as I scrambled for what I was supposed to do. Jimmy smiled at me as he pulled back. I gaped up at him speechless.

“I’ve wanted to do that since we were kids”.
Jimmy snickered diverting his gaze as he looked back towards the gates.
“I don’t know what this guy is or how he’s been able to torment you like Matt says, but I’ve known Matt a long time and he’s a good judge of character”.
Jimmy stood looking back at me.
“I know you don’t want to believe this Oni guy is the demon hunting you. But Matt’s made some good points, I just think you should stay away from him, he’s not good for you”.
I stood hugging myself.

“Jimmy, I really don’t know what to believe right now. I’m confused and scared. I don’t even know if I can be this Divine being.”
I looked down.
“I’m not strong and brave like Matt is. And Yuki said I’ve got a year before I actually come into my powers fully”.

Jimmy smiled down at me taking my hands in his. Our fingers interlocking.
“I know you can do it. I always know you were an angel”.
He smiled down at me his hand cupping my cheek. I blushed leaning into his touch as I placed my hand over his. I knew my feelings for Jimmy had always been strong inside of me. But now in this moment they were stronger than ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3