Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

A Thousand Years

Chapter Nine Fear of Commitment

Chapter Nine
Fear of Commitment
P.O.V. Jimmy

“Karaoke Night!”
Krissi sang as she hopped off the train to the platform beaming at me taking my hand between hers. I smiled down at her, I loved seeing her this way, back to her old self. Bright and happy. Shining like the full moon. She pranced ahead of the group leading me by my hand going on and on about this place she had found with Matt. She was doing her best to lighten the mood since things were extremely fucking awkward with Matt and Ami. She was trying not to look hurt or offended at Matt rejecting her and Matt was doing his best not to look like he was a complete ass for doing it. I swept Krissi up in my arms and she laughed wrapping her arms around me.
“Whoa!, what was that for?”
She giggled blushing up at me. I smirked down at her.

“Because I felt like it”.
I said placing a soft kiss on her lips. Matt bumped my shoulder hard with his as if to tell me to stop. I smirked at him.
“What’s wrong Mattie?”
He rolled his eyes.
“Asshole”. He muttered under his breath. Krissi blushed looking up at me speechless as she always was after me kissing her. I set her on her feet and she pranced off taking Ami’s arm so she didn’t feel weird anymore. I looked around as we entered the arcade slash Karaoke bar that Matt found with Krissi during their wondering around in the city.

“K-Chan!”.
The guy behind the counter said smiling at her. My eyes narrowed at him, I didn’t have to be into Krissi to know this fucker liked her too. The way he was always checking her out. Mainly staring at her chest.

“Hi Yoshi!”
She beamed at him oblivious. I stepped up next to her draping my arm around her shoulders narrowing my eyes slightly at Yoshi intimidating the fuck out of him. He quickly looked away from us sliding the pass needed across the counter to Krissi as she paid. She smiled up at me.
“It’s fun you’ll like it”.
She beamed walking with Ami down the hall.
“How long has that guy been checking out her breast for?”
I asked Matt, He snickered.
“Since we started coming here, she’s got no idea the guys a perv”.
Matt snickered to himself.

We walked into the room we were given, Krissi and Ami were already going through songs. I sat down on the couch draping my arm across the back while Matt was seated on the other side of me.
“It’s the only thing I could think of to give her release. She seems to like it a lot”.
Matt smiled watching her. As I watched her listening to her voice I realized how truly gifted she was. Her voice was so beautiful. I think it came with the fact she was a being of Heaven. Ami giggled singing with her as they danced to the melody singing with each other. I looked over at Matt.

“She’s amazing”.
I whispered. Matt smirked to himself.
“I know, she’s always had an amazing singing voice though.”
Matt said knowingly. His cell phone started to ring, he pulled it out looking confused.

“It’s Brian”.
He said getting up and stepping out of the room to take the call. I watched the girls mainly keeping my gaze fixed on Krissi. I could see how happy this made her feel. As the night continued on Ami sat next to me while Krissi and Matt did a song together.
“Don’t be too worried about Matt”.
I said to her. Ami looked at me blushing a bit embarrassed.
“There’s plenty of other guys out there that would be way better for you”.
I continued. Ami smiled at me grateful for my advice I was sure, but it didn’t take away the hurt she had to be feeling.

“Have you asked Krissi to be your girlfriend yet?”
Ami asked. I shrugged.
“I figure if you act like something is already true it will just happen”.
I said. Ami frowned at me.
“Really? She isn’t worth more to you?”
I looked at her not sure what she meant.
“I mean I get it we’re young. But sometimes a girl wants a guy to pull some romantic move to win her over”.
I laughed to myself shaking my head.
“We aren’t getting married. It’s just teenager stuff”.
I said looking back to them. Ami sighed shaking her head.

“Put it this way Jimmy, someday Krissi is going to meet a guy willing to do those things for her. Willing to make the move and make her feel like she’s the only girl in the world that matters to them. And just like that she’ll slip through your fingers. And all you’re left with is regret”.
Ami said looking back to Krissi. What Ami said made me think more about how much Krissi meant to me. I got up from my desk heading down to her room. I could hear her having a conversation with someone. The door was open just a crack.

“I promise Brian I’m ok”.
She said into the phone. My blood boiling at the thought of my so called best friend talking to the girl I could possibly love enough to stay with. She laughed her musical laugh that I thought she only used for me. As I peered into the room I saw her smiling.
“Really? Johnny has a date to prom? And she’s taller than him?”
Krissi laughed again. I growled inwardly slumping back into the wall. She seemed so happy talking with Brian.

I remembered our conversation when I told him I didn’t mind if he asked her out. At the time I’d been dating someone and I hadn’t wanted to admit what Krissi meant to me because guys like me are known for destroying girls like her. I can’t take anything fucking seriously. All I wanted to do was party and terrorize people. Now what was I going to do? I’d come here for her but why? Because I’m in love with her? Or because I didn’t want anyone else to take her from me? Maybe I wasn’t any better than this Oni fucker.

I looked back towards Krissi’s room.
“Jimmy’s really sweet though, he actually came to Karaoke night”.
Krissi said and the way she said my name. It was full of love. Love I probably didn’t deserve. At times I wanted to be with her and be the guy she thought I was. At other times I wanted to be the crazy fucked up guy I’d always been. I was torn.

“Hey”.
Matt said coming down the hall. His eyes shifted towards Krissi’s door.
“I was going to tell you about Brian calling her. But I didn’t want to piss you off”.
Matt continued his smile faded when he saw the look on my face.
“I don’t know if I can do this Matt. If I can be this guy she thinks I am. And you think I am”.

His eyes narrowed at me.
“Are you fucking kidding me? Haven’t you seen the improvement in her since you got here Jimmy?”
Matt growled at me. I looked down.
“I don’t know if I can just be with someone who’s meant to save the world forever”.
I muttered. Matt reared his fist to punch me in the face but he stopped and I saw the hurt in his eyes. It wasn’t his own. I turned quickly looking back at Krissi as she stood in the doorway looking heartbroken tears in her eyes. I opened my mouth to speak but like a moron nothing came out of my mouth.

“Brian wants to talk to you”.
Krissi whispered through her tears handing her cell phone to Matt. Matt took it easing her back into the room and slamming the door in my face.
“It was foolish to assume you’d be ready for something like this, a commitment to someone like Krissi isn’t one just anyone can make”.
I turned looking at Yuki who narrowed her eyes.
“While you clear your head. I’ll make arrangements for you to stay at my father’s estate in the city”.
She said turning away from me.

“You will have six months to make up your mind. During that time you are not to have any contact what so ever with her. It will only lead her on. When you are ready and have made your mind up. Call me and I will make arrangements to send you back home or bring you back here provide you don’t assume that she’ll just fall back into your arms. But if you are willing to fight for her, I will allow you to return until then. Pack your things. A car will be arriving shortly”.

I looked back over my shoulder hearing Krissi’s soft crying knowing that Matt was holding her and comforting her. What had I done?
♠ ♠ ♠
<3