Status: 1st installment in the 'An Open Mystery' series

An Open Mystery:The Vow of the Bright Light

Seventeen: Sheladrix pt3

We have to get to the light!" yelled Cynthia as she flung another ninja star towards the mermaids. Slashing each one across the face before slitting another's throat. She watched satisfied as the mermaid sunk under the water. She turned back towards Austin who was dodging water attacks as he fought off the wolves. She notcied he was looking a bit tired as he pulled a knive from the pocket on his boots and forced it through the wolf's chest as he jumpped over him. The wolf landing on top of him. She waited for Austin to push the wolf off of him and get up. Nothing. Before she knew it a purly animalisic screech was coming out from her as vines grew from the ground wrapping themselves around the ankles of their enemies. Even the nature fairies couldn't control them. The mermaids swam away as Skylar charged towards her.

Cynthia growled as a vine full of thorns at least three inches long sprouted and pierced Skylar directly in the chest. Her screams echoed as her body was slowly drained from life. Her eyes no longer containing life as Cynthia's eyes turned red. She turned to Sam and watched as he drew back his sword before slicing Jacks neck. Jack's head rolled just as the wolf that had crushed Austin moved.

" I can't believe that actually worked." laughed Austin covered in blood. He looked at Cynthia and immediately stopped laughing. He turned to Sam and noticed that Sam was giving him the same look. He looked at his feet and noticed the decapitated head sitting at his feet. "Well, I guess that worked a little too well." He laughed nervously as he looked at his best friend and mate apologetically. "I'm sorry. I couldn't really yell my plan in the midst of it all."

"You fucking idiot! I thought you were dead!" yelled Cynthia right before she fainted and so did her vines. Austin ran over to her at the same time that Sam snapped out of it.

"We have to get her to the side of the Light, she's exhausted. Drained herself." said Sam as he handed Austin the water charms. It was like he was been given life again. "Don't worry about me, we don't drain our powers unless we actually use them. That's what Jack didn't understand." he explained as Austin picked up Cynthia bridal style and they continued forward. Thanks to the fight they had gained a bit of distance.

"What happened? I mean your eyes were red."

"Side effect of the turn. Thank goodness you stood up before it was completed. Don't ever do that again, or at least give us a warning."

"Remember what you said, that our anger and sudden grief would make us stronger than anyone in Arubia. I pretty sure we'd feel is the bond had been broken."

"We're not normal, but still NOBODY THINKS LIKE THAT IS THE MIDST OF A FIGHT AUSTIN."

" I love you too man. Sorry I scared yall." he laughed as Sam slapped him upside the head.

"All is forgiven at least it got the job done."

"Man, it that was the craziest thing I've ever witnessed."

"I think i had it the easiest. I just had Jack to deal with. Cynthia fought off the mutant mermaids and killed Skylar. You were dodging attacks and killing oversized man beasts." laughed Sam.

"I'm sure we've earned each and every last badge out there. Do you know how hard it is to fight when the water is calling you? When the fire is calling you? Had to be worst for Cynthia. I mean all this overgrown Earth had to been a strugge to ignore."

"Yeah, until you scared her and made her go all crazy. I don't even think she noticed she was floating in the air when the vines sprouted."

"Just like you didn't notice that I was throwing shit at the fairies with my mind. I might've hit Jack a few times. By accident of course."

"Yeah, cause using your mind to throw things at people is a total accident. What made you collaspe anyways?"

"Well it was part of the plan. I was just gona lay there for a few seconds so I could see the deaths, but it wasn't until I laid there that I noticed exactly how tired I was." They both laughed as they heard howls in the distant, followed by the ground shaking. They looked at each other and at Cynthia. She was still out, they didn't stand a chance with her out cold.

"Run." they agreed. Austin adjust his grip on Cynthia as they took off full sprint closing as much of the distance as the could. The could see the line in which they had to cross in order to get the side of the Light in the distance.

"Grab on to me." said Austin out of breath."

"What?"

"Give me another water charm and grabbed onto me. I'm gonna levitate us to the line. We'll never make it while running. At least not while she's basically comatose."

"What about you? You're barely standing yourself."

"I'll be fine. Just do it!" he yelled as Sam jumped back. There was a red glow coming to his eyes, Cynthia. Sam did as told giving him all that was left of his water charms and grabbed a firm grip on his shoulder. Before he could grasp it they were in the air just as the wolves were closing in on them. Again the howls of grief echoed around them. Sam kept a close eye on Austin and noticed that the line they had to cross was actually a calm river.

Place the warriors where land meets sea. Together they are one.

Sam hoped that Austin heard the voice also. He noticed that his grip was loosening on Cynthia.

"Come on Austin, just a few more feet. We're halfway across the river. Push." Austin said nothing as he continued to levitate them. Sam got excited as he notice the one part where a tree hung over and dipped into the river. "Austin over there! Land over there!" he yelled excitedly with a hint of urgency in his voice. He did as told and as soon as he landed he collasped. Sam hurridly placed Austin at the bay of the river letting his skin be touched by the water. He placed Cynthia right under the tree and placed their hands over each other. All he had to do now was wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
Success! Hope Austin and Cynthia are okay. Enjoy. Tryna finish this today.