Status: 1st installment in the 'An Open Mystery' series

An Open Mystery:The Vow of the Bright Light

Three: The Spark of A Touch

Another week had gone past and all he knew of her was that she had a soft angelic voice, and green eyes that he constantly got lost in. Today was a free day, seeing as they were in their last week of school. He wanted badly to approach her, but didn't want it to be another failed attempt. Quickly deciding not to look her in the eyes he stood up and headed to where she always sat. Again she was reading a book and that's were he decided to focus his gaze on.

"Hello Cynthia." He spoke in the desk.

"Hello Austin." She replied in a soft voice. He could feel her eyes burning a hole into his skull.

"How's your day going?" He attempted.

"It's alright. Why won't you look at me?"

"I don't know what you mean." He said trying to hide the sudden shakiness in his voice. He didn't get it. All of a sudden he was nervous and he couldn't explain why, but he knew it was because of her. She was so forward today. He wasn't prepared for that. She closed the book before looking at him again.

"You're refusing to look me in my eyes. Why is that?" A slow smile found it's way to his face. He liked that she could easily read his actions.

"I just thought we could have a normal conversation. I've tried twice, but..." He paused.

"Each time you tried, we got lost in each others eyes."

"Exactly, you're like a mystery to me."

"Yet, I feel like I know everything about you." She said piquing his interest. He felt the sudden urge to look up and meet her eyes, but he wouldn't allow himself too.

"That is strangely interesting." Was all he said. It grew quiet as she watched him and he continued to stare at his fingers he ran along the top of the desk.

"Does this count as a conversation?" She asked in a whisper. His small smile grew.

"I guess it does."

"Then please look at me." She stated placing her hand on his lightly. Sparks flew from the simple contact as they once again got lost in each others eyes.