Status: 1st installment in the 'An Open Mystery' series

An Open Mystery:The Vow of the Bright Light

Seven: Secluded Area of Illusion

They walked away from the secluded area, well after the last period.

"I can't believe I did all that. Like I want to believe it, but this just can't be real." Said Cynthia as she stared at her hands in disbelief.

"Believe it babe." Said Austin as he threw his arm over her shoulder. "This is just the beginning to a whole new life." He sounded so proud, so sure that Cynthia grew increasing nervous making her stop both of them in their tracks.

"What does this mean though? For eighteen years we've been in the dark about this mystery and suddenly we can do all of this. What is this big ass mystery that's allowing us to be able to do these things anyways? I sure as hell want to know now." She said a little irritated and slightly embarrassed.

"Cynthia, calm down. Look, I get that your nervous and all, but I believe that this is all for a good cause. Besides, if I never would've gotten up the courage to finally talk to you none of this would be happening. Also, we wouldn't have kissed." He said slowly as he stepped closer to her. She smiled as she rested her head on his shoulder as he burried his face in her hair. He loved that her hair smelled like strawberries. It was quickly becoming his new favorite scent.

"I'm glad we kissed and finally gotten up the courage to speak to each other, but I have a bad feeling about this. Most of all, I'm scared to fall in love with you." She admitted. Shocking herself from how honest she was. Slowly he began to pull away from her and went to sot on a bench a few feet ahead of them. She stayed standing in her spot mentally slapping herself for opening her mouth.

"Cynthia,"he called as he began to pat the space next to him. "Come sit with me." She took a deep breath before doing as told. She honestly couldn't figure out how this would go, and even though she felt the sudden strange urge to use her mood and mind manipulation she knew it best not to. Instead she listened intently to what he had to say. Trying her best to keep a clear mind. He scooted a little closer to her before he began to speak.

" I get why you may be scared to fall in love with me. I mean look at me, I'll he scared too." he said followed by a laugh as she elbowed him in the ribs shaking her head. She couldn't help the smile that was quickly taking over her face. She liked that he was trying to lighten the situation for her sake. "Okay okay. Truth be told, I'm just as scared to fall in love with you as you are to fall in love with me." She couldn't help but to quirk her eyebrow at his words.

"Why would you be scared to fall in love with me? Before yesterday I had never even been kiss. Therefore, don't you think I never had a boyfriend before. Everyone thinks I'm so weird because I'm quiet and I rather read a book and get out of this place then make friends and act stupid for four years."

" I didn't think that. I mean I knew you were different and I always felt this pull towards you, but if I knew you were just controlling me then I would've had confidence sooner." He laughed again as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm being serious Austin!" She whined.

"Okay. Besides the fact that you have those abilities, you're fragile. I mean you're new to the old dating scene. I didn't even get to ask you out on a proper date. Let them think what they want. After Monday, I won't even be talking to a lot of them anymore. I won't be one of the popular boys anymore. They're won't be a hierarchy anymore. If they knew the half of it...never mind. Cynthia, I'm just as weird as you are. You're beautiful and I like that you're quiet. You might have been messing with my mind all these years, but I really do like you." He smiled as a smile blush wiped over his cheek at the embarrassment of his honesty. She smiled before laying her head on his shoulder and scooting closer to him.

"I really like you to Austin. By the way, I mean if you were serious about asking me out, we could count this as our first date. I mean what girl doesn't what their first date to be magical." She joked as they laughed.

"If this is what girls want, I'll never understand. Since this is our first date, do I get a kiss goodbye."

"I was hoping you'll ask that." She smiled as she looked up into his deep blue eyes and watched as the calming water came to life. He smiled as he looked down into her light green eyes and watched as the flowers dance with rhythm. She brought her hand up to his cheek allowing the wind to wrap around them. He placed his hand on the back of her neck letting the heat of the fire warm them up. Together hugging them in a warm embrace. They smiled as they both began to lean in until their lips finally touched. Fireworks shot out rapidly as if it was the fourth of July. Butterflies danced with the flowers as bubbles shaped like hearts shot out of the water and into the air like balloons. The wind blew their hair wildly as the fire kept them warm. Slowly the pulled away a smile adorning each of their faces.

"Wow."she mumbled breathlessly still staring at him. "That was..."

"Magical." He finished as she nodded her head yes. For a moment they sat in silence. A comforting silence as they let the feel of their second kiss sink in.

"Cynthia be my girlfriend?" He blurted out before he could stop himself. She stared at him in shock with her mouth opened slightly. "Please?" He added in hopes that she'll say something. He was prepared for any answer she'll give him. Whether it was yes or no.

"Can you really see us being together?" She asked and he visibly sighed in relief.

"You want me to answer that honestly?"

"I don't want you to lie to me." She admitted instantly. He smiled as he took her hands.

"Close your eyes and focus on my voice. I want you to see what I see." She did as told and listened as he began to explain. "First, let's go about five months from now. We're walking out of the movie theater, hungry and laughing. As we're heading to our usual spot to eat things get silent. I grab your hand and turn you towards me with a smile. You smile back at me as you look into my eyes. Slowly leaning down I peck you lips before pressing our foreheads together and whispering I love you against you lips. Pushing our lips together one last time. Stroking your cheek that are now coated in blush you take a deep breath and tell me you love me too. Then we go to eat. Fast forward about two years. We're sophomores at the same college and its our two year anniversary. I got you flowers and chocolates and as many stuff animals as you can carry. Not to mention I cooked your favorite food. We watch your favorite movies and as the night come to a close things began to get more intimate. I make sure that its what you want to do before we go any further. With your consent we began to strip each other and I touch you in places you've never been touched before." She giggled as she watched the scene unfold before her eyes. Then it clicked.

"Do you have any idea what you did?"

"Besides making you wet?" He joked as she hit his shoulder playfully.

"You just altered my vision. You have the ability of Illusion."

"Meaning?"

"You can make people see whatever whatever you want them to see. Its like drawing a picture, just with you mind. You basically blind them to what's going on around them. An easy kill or whatever." They both sat their in silence as the took everything in. Today was a completely abnormal day and it was because they were together. It was then that they realized that together was better.

"Be my girlfriend." He asked again hopefully. She smiled at him her cheeks once again turning violet.

"I'll be happy to."