Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Requiem

Chapter II

Chapter II
P.O.V. Of; Krissi

When we arrived at the location Shadows had given us it was already starting to get dark outside. The ride hat been a silent one. I didn’t expect Kale to understand my visions or dreams. I’d struggled with them all my life. People treating me like a freak because of them. But it hurt when my own sister wouldn’t hear me out. I’d seen Brian in my dreams. He always protected me from the demons that came to me in my sleep. Though he’d never tell me his name. He said “When we meet face to face, I will give you my name”. And now he had. I wanted to talk more with him. To find out why he came to me in my dreams and kept me safe.

I got out of the car and grabbed my kit while Kale worked on setting up the equipment. Because I was the hypersensitive I did all the interaction with spirits while Kale monitored everything and got the documentation in order. Kale looked over at me and I knew she was dying for conversation.
“So the family that lived here last was said to be massacred by an evil spirit”.
Kale said as we walked up the porch steps.

I paused looking at the porch swing. I winced as images of a beautiful woman with white blond hair like mine came into my mind. She held a little girl in her arms bundled in purple blankets as she hummed softly. I knew the melody, the warmth of light around her made my eyes well with tears as I approached the swing. She looked up from the baby and smiled at me. My heart pounding in my chest as our eyes locked. I heard screaming and suddenly she was covered in blood no longer smiling.
“Krissi?”
Kale said sounding scared as I gaped at the swing coming back to reality. I blinked back tears looking over at her.

“What was the name of the family?”
I whispered. Kale helped me inside.
“I think it was Lightwood. Christian and Hale Lightwood. And their twin daughters”.
Kale said sitting me on the steps giving me a bottle of water from her bag. She sat next to me rubbing my back.

“Did you have a vision?”
She whispered. I shook my head my heart pounding as images of the massacre filled my mind. Flames, blood and malice in the air. I knew there was more to this place then met the eye. I stood walking into the living room finding it on the mantel. Taking the Stirling silver picture frame into my hands I blew the dust away seeing a family photo taken in front of the house. The woman from my vision, Hale Lightwood. The man who had dark hair and light jade green eyes. Christian Lightwood. They were each holding a little girl in their arms no more than three years of age. One was wearing a purple fluffy dress while the other was in a pink one.

“Kale!”
I called to her. She rushed into the room gaping at the photo.
“What the unholy fuck? That’s us!”
Tears rolled down my cheeks.
“This is our parents’ house. This is where we lived with them before Grandma took us”.
Kale took the frame into her hands looking at the photo tears coming to her eyes.
“I look like him”.
She whispered. I smiled at her giving a nod drying my eyes with the backs of my hands. Kale looked up at me.

“You look like mom”.
She said and I nodded again unable to speak. It was in that moment I felt the shift in the air as the malice built. I turned facing a man who was too beautiful to be human. A smirk on his lips as he lingered in the archway.
“I knew you two whores couldn’t stay away”.
Kale stood narrowing her eyes at him blocking me off.
“Who the fuck are you?”
He snickered as he approached us.
“Oh how cute, you think you’ll live long enough to learn my name”.
Kale’s eyes widened in horror as she kept me back as he lunged for us. She threw out her arm and a blast of darkness knocked the guy clean through the wall. Our eyes widened.

“What the fuck!”
Kale roared looking at her hand losing track of the guy attacking us. He moved fast taking advantage of this moment knocking Kale sideways into the wall. She hit hard and was knocked out cold.
“KALE!”
I cried looking back to the man as he grabbed me by my throat heaving me off the ground and slamming me into the wall. I squealed in pain trying to get away. He grinned up at me.
“They say, the light ones are the most fun to play with”.
He grinned at me his hand moving up my shirt.

“Let’s see if their right”.
My eyes going wide as a sword drove through his chest from behind. I saw the life leave his eyes. As the sword was ripped free I fell forwards into his arms. Brian smirked down at me with blood spatter on his cheek holding the bloody sword.
“You ok Angel?”
He whispered soothingly. I nodded to him keeping my arms around him. He looked back over his shoulder.

“Vengeance! In here!”
He called. Another guy rushed in covered in blood, he holstered a pair of guns walking over and picking my sister up over his shoulders. A tall guy who had two swords came running in.
“He’s gunna blow!”
He called to the others. Brian cursed taking me to the ground clamping his hands over my ears and a powerful sonic scream shook everything around us. It sent vibrations of energy all through the building shattering windows and nearly bringing the house down on us. I kept my eyes focused on Brian as I became light headed before blacking out.

I winced a little starting to wake up again. My head was pounding and I felt sick. When I opened my eyes I found myself in a bedroom I’d never seen before. The walls were a forest green color and had guitars hanging on them along with an assortment of framed photos. As I pushed myself upright I saw a little white dog was sleeping next to me. She opened her eyes barking happily at the sight of me wagging her tail. I pet her for a minute before the door to the bathroom opened and Brian emerged. His hair damp from the shower. I blushed at the sight of him.

“You ok?”
He asked as he approached a slight smirk on his lips as he noticed I was blushing. He sat on the edge of the bed cupping my cheek.
“It’s ok, you’re safe now”.
He said. I placed my hand over his.

“Is this real? I’ve never seen you anywhere but in my dreams”.
I said as our eyes met. Brian smiled at me.
“It’s real Angel. You’re safe now. The demons won’t come for you here”.
He assured me. I smiled at him tears of joy coming to my eyes.
“I never thought I’d actually find you”.
I whispered. Brian smirked to himself moving in closer.
“Did you honestly think I’d leave you to fend for yourself?”
My heart fluttered at his words. I knew he’d never leave me alone to face the demons that haunted me. While I had no idea what was going on, I didn’t care. I was finally with him and I had so many questions.

“WHAT THE FUCK!”
Someone screamed down the hall.
‘”SHE FUCKING BIT ME!”
Brian smirked to himself shaking his head.
“I think your sisters awake”.
He snickered. I got up quickly running towards the loud screaming match that was going on.

“YOU’LL GET WORSE THEN THAT MOTHER FUCKER! WHERE’S MY SISTER!”
I rounded the corner seeing the one called Vengeance holding his forearm he was bleeding. Shadows and the other two guys I didn’t know yet were holding him back while Kale looked very freaked out and deranged. I rushed to her side taking her in my arms giving an apologetic gaze towards the guy she bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3