Catnip

8. Don't Die

I looked at Vic with wide eyes. He looked down at Kellin, shaking his shoulder and saying his name frantically.

"Kellin? Kellin, babe?" he paused, shaking him once again, his voice was filled with an emotion I've never heard from Vic. Fear. "Kellin, p-please don't do this to me. Don't you dare leave me." I saw tears starting to form in his eyes.

He tried a few more times, failing each time he tried to wake him. I let out a shaky breath, this couldn't be happening. Kellin couldn't just die. Kellin was so innocent. He deserved to live a long and grow old with Vic. Kellin couldn't leave Vic alone like this. Especially with their child. This little girl deserved to have two parents, not one.

I looked at Vic, seeing him starting to break got to me. I've never seen someone crumble as quickly as Vic was right now.

"V-Vic. You've got to try to revive him.." I said, my voice shook as I spoke.

"H-How?" he asked, looking at me, then back at Kellin. I quickly searched my memory for anything that would help either of us in this situation.

"CPR, Maybe? You can't just let him die and not try to revive him." I suggested to him.

Vic looked at me, then at Kellin. I guided him through the procedure of CPR, telling him what to do and what not to do, until he got the hang of it. I watched with wary eyes, not being able to do much with their child in my hands. I held the little girl carefully, my hands shaking from the fear of losing a friend like Kellin. I let out a breath of relief when I heard a sound come from Kellin. He opened his eyes immediately, glancing around the room quickly.

Vic smiled with relief filling his features, hugging Kellin like he would break at any minute.

"Where's our baby?" He asked weakly. He glanced around before noticing me. He made little grabby hands for the baby. I smiled, chuckling wetly before handing the baby over. He held the baby with such care. Vic was sitting next to Kellin on the king sized bed.

"It's a girl." I said, standing by Kellin's side. Vic was looking at Kellin and their baby with pure adoration.

"Vic. What are Kellin and Vic going to call her?" he asked, completely oblivious to his near death experience.

"Whatever you want to call her love." he answered, kissing Kellin on the cheek.

"Can Kellin and Vic's baby be called Copeland Fuentes?" Kellin asked, they ignored me for the time being. I glanced back behind me, seeing Austin and a man walking through the door. I let my ears fall flat on my head, my tail stopped swishing at the sight of the doctor.

I moved out of the doctors way when he walked over here. He immediately asked what had happened and Vic explained how I had helped deliver the child and how I had given him directions on how to revive Kellin. I walked over to the trash can, peeling the gloves off of my hands and placing them in the garbage bin.

The doctor glanced at me, then back at Kellin and Vic. I nodded my hand in Vic's direction, looking at Austin now. He was leaning against the door, watching me. I gave a timid smile, letting it fall as I glanced down at my clothes.

"Alan." I glanced at Vic.

"Thank you." he said, holding Copeland while Kellin was being checked out by the doctor. I gave a little nod, following Austin so I could get cleaned up.

-A few hours later-

I sat on the edge of Kellin's new bed. He had been moved to a room and was put onto bed rest. Copeland was in a little bed near the bed, a nurse was coming and checking on Kellin and Copeland every so often. I swished my tail back and forth mindlessly, my ears where perked slightly on top of my head.

I had a pair of human ears, but I could barely hear out of them. My cat ones are the ones I used for hearing, mostly. I was sitting crisscrossed, watching Kellin sleep. Vic was somewhere with Austin. They had gotten called off a while ago for some business things, and even though Vic was hesitant on leaving him, Kellin convinced him to go tend to whatever it was..

Kellin was sleeping like an angel, his mouth slightly parted. His ears where more limp, a clear sign he was sleeping. I broke my gaze from Kellin when Copeland began crying. I looked over at her. Copeland was supposed to be breast fed by Kellin, to help keep her immune system up. After a while she would be switched over to a bottle.

I hated to interpret him while sleeping, but Copeland needed him. I moved off of the bed carefully. Then I went over to the side of the bed and softly shook his shoulder.

"Kellin...Kellin. Wake up." I said, getting his attention. I think he would've ignored me if he hadn't heard Copeland.

"Copeland?" he looked at me, motioned me to go get her. I made my way over to her, taking her out and placing her in a cozy blanket to keep her warm. I walked over to Kellin carefully, then placed her in his arms when he reached out for her. He pulled his IV a little bit, but not enough to jostle it in his arm.

Kellin fixed his gown so Copeland could latch onto one of his nipples to get milk. While he did that I felt a wave of nausea come over me.

"Alan alright?" Kellin asked, looking at me. He had his ears up in alert by now.

"Yea-" I stopped myself, getting up and going over to the bathroom and doing like I had done this morning. I vomited in the porcelain bowl. I hated this so much. After I was sure I was done, I stood up, cleaned myself off a bit. I popped a mint flavored gum into my mouth before going back into the room.

Kellin was looking at me wordily, Vic and Austin where there now. Both of the dominant males looked at me, Austin keeping a blank expression and Vic looking at me with a knowing look. I was confused by the look Vic gave me. What did it mean? I saw Vic give Austin an 'I-told-you-so' look.

Austin's eyes on me made me feel uncomfortable. I hestinaly walked over to the end of the bed.

"Alan?" Kellin asked, I looked at him.

"I'm fine. Don't worry Kellin." I tried to be as convincing as I could, plastering a smile on my face to convince him.

"Okay..." Kellin said, though he sounded unsure. There were a few minutes of silence before I decided to speak again. Kellin has been tired ever since he had given birth, and he didn't feel like talking much, which I was thankful for in this position.

"I'm going to my room. See you later Kellin." Once he had said his goodbyes, I left to go to my room.

I paused by the kitchen, seeing that a cook had already finished the food. Something about the food repulsed me though, I'm not for sure why. The smell of what the cook was cooking didn't normally bother me. My sister had the same feeling not too long after she fell pregnant. She had a distaste for the normal foods she ate, and she ate some weird items. I shook my head as I thought of how my sister was when she was pregnant.

Then it hit me. It hit me like ten tons of bricks. What if I was pregnant? I couldn't be. If I was, what would Austin do to me? He could kill me off if he wanted to. I kept walking, trying to not let my walk falter as the thought repeated in my mind. I went to the bathroom to spit out this gum and brush my teeth.

After I was done I took a second to get a hold of my emotions. There was no way I could be pregnant. I didn't even have the organs that I needed for it, did I? I let out a sigh of frustration. I would find out later if I was pregnant or not. I just had this feeling in my gut that I was. It made me worry just by the thought of the possibility. I was in no situation suitable for bearing any children, that was if I even could.

When I walked back into my room, I saw Austin sitting on the edge of the bed. He must have been staring at the bathroom door, waiting for me to come out. My tail stopped flickering, my ears going into my hair from fear.

He never followed me into my room unless he wanted something from me. And most of the time it was sex, but I wasn't exactly in the mood for anything physical like that. I probably would cave under the pressure if he tried to go after me in that way. Austin didn't make a move though. He just watched me, his eyes softening all of a sudden. I looked at him warily.

"C'mere." He motioned for me to sit down next to him on the bed.

I crawled back a little further than he was, sitting criss cross. He turned so he was facing me.

"How long have you been vomiting like that?" he asked straight away.

"I only started today, probably ate something bad." I said dismissively.

"I'll keep an eye on it. Anything else start today?" he asked. I raised an eyebrow at him, thinking about it. He would find out if I told him or not.

"Well...I have been having these small cramps in my sides." I motion where with my hands. He gave a little nod, probably making a mental note to himself.

"Anything else?" he asked

I thought about it for a few seconds before shaking my head 'no.'

"What about when you went into the kitchen a few minutes ago?" He brought up that, and I didn't want to talk about it so I made an excuse up.

"I was going to get something to eat, but decided I wasn't hungry."

Austin nodded again, he was about to ask another question but I interrupted him.

"Why are you asking me these questions?" I asked, making sure I sounded more confused that I was.

"Checking on your health, for certain purposes." He answered, not seeming bothered that I had interrupted him.

"Oh." I said, just before yawning.I placed a sweater covered hand over my mouth as I yawned.

"You tired?" he sounded slightly confused. I've never really gotten tired around this time of day.

"Yeah...I've done a lot today." I half lied about the last part, wanting to keep his mind at ease for some odd reason.

"I'll leave you to sleep." he said, getting off of the bed.

I pulled off the socks I was wearing, tossing them to the floor. I waited until he let before I stripped out of my clothes, leaving on the laced boxers. I curled underneath the blankets after turning out the lights, letting myself be pulled away by sleep. A hand rested on my stomach while I slept.
♠ ♠ ♠
If I didn't love Kellin so much in this story, I would've killed him off. But I like him too much for that to happen.