The Tick Tock of the Clock

I've found a lost, slightly annoying child.

“I got asked the weirdest thing today.” I muttered as silence washed over us. Pete nodded as he played Tetris on his phone. “Some lady, completely random sat down next to me and asked if she could ask me a question. Well you ran out because you can’t survive with out your phone.” I muttered watching as he glanced up at me with a smile before going back to his game quickly. Most people would get made he wasn’t listening when in all honesty he was. He just wasn’t watching me talk as a made mindless chat to keep myself busy. “Turn the purl one to the left and move it all the way to the right.” I stated pointing at the screen.

“Sweet!” he gasped as the several rows vanished. “Thanks.” He giggled lightly as I sighed a bit. “Any who,” he muttered rolling one of his hands for me to go on.

“Well after you ran back to the bathroom I asked her what she needed and she flat out asked me if I was your girlfriend.” Pete paused his game looking up at me. “And I looked down at my phone for a second cause you called and when I looked up, she was just gone.” I stated shrugging. “Fucking gone.” I muttered lightly as he sat up right, cocking his head to the side rather interested now. “That makes it three or four times people are assuming I’m your girlfriend. Do you know how creepy that is?” I asked lightly as he nodded slightly with wide eyes. “That’s more times today since I started working with you.” He nodded lightly looking around.

“Oh I know the only other person who thought we we’re dating was Jessica and she tried to kill you.” I nodded lightly, pausing to remember the girl from the other morning who assumed I was his girlfriend, but those circumstances I could understand. Waking up in some random guy’s house, go to get a drink or something come back and there’s another girl there. That would make me wonder too if it happened to me.

“Yeah, and everyone who’s asked… oh yeah did I tell you those two girls from the plane that didn’t wanna meet you-”

“Because of Ashlee?” He asked softly, cutting me off in the easiest manor.

“Yeah, but they also thought I was dating you, and didn’t understand why I wasn’t heading back to kill you for the picture. Which was clearly platonic.” I rolled my eyes as he laughed draping an arm over my shoulders lightly leaning his head against mine. “You just wanna fuel the fire don’t you?” I asked he nodded.

“Why not? I’m guessing that blonde lady was a reporter for like STARS magazine or something like it. She’s already assuming it, and doesn’t even factor in the fact that you’re my best buddy in the whole world.” He scoffed a bit at the idea of how stupid they are. “And we’re like this all the time because we see each other like… what every day for hours on end? There’s hardly a day we’re not together and when we do have those off days I’m pretty sure we both spend them sleeping.” He snorted as I nodded clicking my tongue. That was exactly how I spent my off days, other than eating my weight in food from not having enough to keep me busy. “So… Disney Land…” He pressed pulling back to look at me. “When do we go?”

“It’s a secret.” Snapping his fingers he crossed his arms over his chest leaning back in his seat to stare up at the ceiling. Slowly I watched him lift his phone smiling as he went back to his Tetris game, his tongue stuck out a bit to one side in hard concentration. “That’s going to give you a crick in your neck.” I muttered lightly pulling my phone out and surfing the internet lightly.

“You know what we should?” He asked sitting forward suddenly staring at me. I pointed at his still running Tetris game. “Oh crap.” He whispered placing the piece quickly and pausing it. “Any way, I was thinking we should put the scavenger hunt game up on the Fueled By Ramen and DecayDance website so the teams can check there scores and so can other people and then the fan’s can also try and pull like certain teams forward.” He stated nodding his head. “Let’s do that.” I looked down at my phone. We had ten minutes before they’d board the plane and thirty minutes till he completely passed out cold and the eight hour long flight.

“I’ll do it later we don’t have time.” I muttered nodding he stood up wandering off. “Where are you going?” I asked lightly as he stared at his phone for a second before stuffing it into his pocket. “Pete.” Stopping he spun to me startled. “Where are you going?” I asked he licked his lips pointing at the small little store.

“I’m going to get something to eat, I’m kinda hungry.” He stated walking backwards. “Want anything?” He asked shaking my head I looked back at my phone. “Nothing to drink?” Bending down I lifted my drink which still had some in it. “Kay.” He stated lightly as I watched him spin around and continue onto the small store that seemed to glow orange from the soft wood insides and lights.

“So.” Jumping I turned to a small girl sitting next to me. “Who’s he? Are you in love? My mommy says people who act like you two are in love. Are you getting Married? I bet you’d look really pretty in a big white wedding dress.” Turning I glanced back at the store, I could see Pete fingering through the magazines, his back turned to me. Turning back to the rambling child I blinked startled.

“Where is your mommy?” I muttered lightly looking around. She pointed in front of her, which didn’t help me. She had vaguely pointed at a large of people around us and in front. “Which one?” I asked lightly hopping I could pawn her off on her parents.

“She’s with my daddy.” She stated bobbing her head as I nodded still scanning the crowd for anyone that looked like they were missing a tiny child or looked like her. “But are you guys getting married? Cause my sisters mad at you because you’re with him.” She giggled lightly as I glanced at her then the group of people.

“How old are you?” I cut in quickly trying to get my muscles to relax. She was just a little kid asking one to many strange questions.

“Four.” She stated smiling up at me. “But my sister says your ugly, and I think it’s a lie.” She nodded her head quickly climbing into my lap and smiling up at me as I smiled down at her. I don’t mind kids, but I don’t like random kids running up to me in airports, it just screams creepy and weird to me. It freaks me out that someone lost the kid. “But you guys are cute together. Is he really always that dark?” I glanced at Pete. “His skin.” She gasped I looked at the back of Pete’s neck and his hands before nodding. I never really cared what his skin color was, he was just always Pete. “He reminds me a bit of butterscotch. I like Butterscotch, it’s really tasty.” She stated

“When did you get a kid?” My eyes darted up to Pete standing there with another Redbull, two magazines, and a bag of chips. “I know you said you were pregnant earlier but even I know Pregnancy doesn’t go that fast.” He muttered refusing to sit down. Pete didn’t mind little kids if they were related to him, any other little kid he assumes is going to give him some deadly disease because they’re always filthy. “And you said you were joking about that.” He snapped pointing.

“I was, and am. She just ran over here and She won’t tell me where her parents are.” Groaning Pete set his things down.

“Are you guys in love?” She asked as Pete gently lifted her up. “My mommy says people who act like you guys are in love. Does that mean you’re getting married?” A smile spread over my lips as Pete’s eyes grew wide. Marriage wasn’t really Pete’s thing, he wasn’t even very good with real relationships even when he really wanted to be in the relationship. “Will it be a big white wed-” Pete quickly held her over his head.

“Who lost a kid?” He asked loudly turning slowly. “I’ve found a lost,” He paused. “Slightly annoying child.” He stated spinning still. “I have Someone’s child, because she’s no mine.” He stated. No one answered and he put her down crouching down in front of her with a blank poker face. “Where are you parents?” he asked she pointed in the vague area. “Well I’m sure they’re missing you, so go sit by them so you don’t give your mom a heart attack.”

“What’s that?” She asked and wrapped her arms around his neck. “I love you.” She stated as Pete looked at with wide eyes. Laughing I stood up.

“What’s you’re name?” I asked lightly crouching down next to Pete as she leaned back into him, his jaw was tight, muscles tense, as he stared blankly at me trying to tell me to get the child off of him and as far away from him and possible.

“Jillian.” She muttered swaying her hips and bit as she pulled away from Pete.

“Well let’s go find your parents Jillian.” I muttered standing up holding my hand out. “Come on.” I stated people were watching us. She took my hand smiling at me but leaned towards Pete kissing his cheek lightly.

“Bye.” She stated as I walked along slowly. She was a very bold and loquacious four year-old. “So where are you going? My family’s going to Phoenix to se my aunt Tess and cousin cause there’s something big happening in the family.” She smiled up me.

“We’re going to Phoenix too.” I smiled at her glancing over at Pete watching me with annoyed eyes while he ran his hand over his cheek lightly trying to get what ever disease this child had off him.

“Why? Is your wedding there? That’d be pretty I really like Phoenix because it’s so pretty. The Sky’s are really blue compared to Charleston.” She stated as I nodded my head. “Hi Mommy.” She waved I noticed a slightly larger women with dark hair and bright eyes like Jillian look up hands flying over her mouth.

“I’ve been looking for you everywhere! You can’t run off like that.” The women gasped once she held Jillian her arms. “Thank you. Where we’re you?” she asked, I pointed over in Pete’s direction as he sank behind his magazine now. “I’m so sorry, we went a restaurant and her sister was meant to take her to the bathroom and when her sister came back Jillian here wasn’t with her.” She sighed hugging the little girl who pointed at me.

“She’s getting married to that man mommy, you were right, they’re in love. They’re getting married in Phoenix.” The women smiled at me sympathetically.

“I’m sorry about her.” She whispered and looked at Jillian then at me. “Thank you again.”

“No problem.” I muttered walking away as Jillian kept rambling on about Pete and I nonexistent wedding.

“That’s very nice Jill dear.” I looked at the women walking away still carrying Jillian as I moved back to Pete’s side and sat down with a groan.

“Remind me to never had children.” Giving a thumbs up he smiled at me flipping through the magazines quickly as he nearly inhaled his chips. “I’m still hungry.”

“Well maybe if you learned how to chew and savor food you might actually fill up. You sucking black hole.” I stated as he wandered back to the small little store. Shaking my head I took a drink of my Vitamin Water and picked up one of the magazines he had, it had FALL OUT BOY’S PETE WENTZ printed down in the bottom left corner, the whole reason he probably picket it up, because there was no was he was picking up a magazine with Fergie on it. Flipping through it lightly I got to the article about him. It had one picture of his smiling and giving a thumbs up as he leaned against someone who was cut out of the picture, I could only assume by the bit of bright blue shoulder left in the picture of the other person I could only assume it was Joe. Joe was the only one with the collar shirt other than me, and I don’t take pictures with Pete. No exceptions.

The whole article was about his successes and how they didn’t understand how he could run so much and not be worn out, stressing and still have a full head of hair. The hair comment is where they compared him a bit to Donald Trump and how by now Pete should have a comb over.

Shrill screams broke the silence. My eyes darted up as another one, more startled followed. I knew that one. Rolling up both magazines I stuffed them in my bag with my water. Standing I slung my back over my shoulders and grabbed Pete’s with his Redbull, putting it in the bag as I headed towards the store.

“Are you alive?” I asked walking into the store. I paused seeing Pete giving photos to a group of kids, both girls and boys. Waving Pete laughed signing something for a guy and waved at him lightly before a girl pulled him into another picture, which he made a face for. “I’m going to go sit back down…” I trailed off seeing a small watch with a black leather wrist band. I’d need that soon. I glanced at the clock on my phone then back at Pete. Lifting the watch to the counter the rather buff looking guy behind the counter smiled at me and rang it up. Pulling the five dollars for it out I handed it to him and took my change back as he bagged it for me. “Thanks.” I stated lightly turning to leave.

“Hey, Ella.” Turning around I looked at Pete a bit confused. The group of kids turned to me as he laughed. “Where’s my stuff?” I lifted his backpack. “Sweet, my Redbull.”

“In your bag.” I muttered lightly, confused by all the questioning. “Don’t.” I stated seeing where this was going. “Don’t fuel that fire Asswhole.” I snapped as he laughed walking over to me and slinging his arm over my shoulder.

“What fire?” Groaning I slapped his stomach with the back of my head as I handed him his bag. “Why thank-you.” He smiled putting it on my shoulder. “So, are we done?” he asked lightly at the kids while waving his free hand, the other holding me at his side. They all nodded slowly. “Sweet, wait!” he gasped as I turned to lead us out. “Who knows what an Italian neck tie is?” They all looked around confused as I pointed glaring at the cashier who opened his mouth. Shaking my head he closed his mouth smiling at me and tapped his fingers.

“Why?” He asked Pete turned to cashier with hopeful eyes.

“She’s going to give Gabe Saporta one.” He stated, the cashier’s eyes darted to me with wide eyes. “Why, what is it? Is it bad, or is it just like a fine silk tie?” he asked the cashier cleared his throat and shrugged lightly.

“I don’t know, I was just wondering.” He muttered glancing at me worried before back at Pete. “Is it safe to be around her?” He whispered lightly as Pete’s brows came together lightly confused.

“Let’s go.” I muttered walking out, ducking under his arm as I went.

“Wait, I wanna know what it is.” Pete gasped following me annoyed. “Tell me what it is, because if it’s a nice tie just know Gabe will never use it.” Turning I sat down placing my bag in front of my feet as he did the same thing. “He doesn’t wear ties.”

“Drop it Peewee.” I muttered lightly taking the watch out and wrapping it around my wrist lightly.

“Why’d you get a watch?” He asked. Slowly my eyes lifted to him as I paused. “What? Seriously. Do you need one?” He asked laughing a bit under my straight blank face. “I’m not an idiot I know what a watch it for.” He muttered realizing why I was staring at him blankly. “It’s to tell time, but why’d you get it?” He asked as my gaze dropped back to the watch while I fiddled with the buckle on it. “Here.” I gasped as he took my arm a bit forcefully doing the clasp for me.

“Thanks. And on the plane I don’t have my phone, and I like to know what time it is.” Bobbing his head I rolled the watch so it was facing up at me and the clasp wasn’t. “So,” I stopped seeing a cluster of feet. Looking up at the group from the store I smiled at them. “Hi.” I smiled lightly as Pete gasped pulling away. “what?” I asked as he put his hands over his mouth.

“You’re being nice, at,” he grabbed my wrist looking at the time. “Ten Am in the morning with out coffee. It’s a miracle.” Rolling my eyes he laughed. “Eighty-two for me.” He stated smiling at me as I waved a finger in the air, not really caring. Licking his finger Pete put it to his chest and made a sizzling nose. “I’m Hawt.” He muttered with a really bad accent of some sort.

“Whatever.” I laughed shaking my head and smiled back at the group. “So, can we help you.” A few of the girls narrowed their eyes at me while we watched them. One smiled at me.

“You guys are so cute together.” She whispered turning I glared at Pete.

“That’s it I’m not sitting by you any more.” I stated grabbing my things standing up quickly to move across from him.

“Oh come on!” he laughed pulling me back down as I stood up. I didn’t mind being called Pete’s girlfriend other than it hurt to know I really wasn’t and to him I’d be nothing more than his best friend and assistant. “They’re just joking.” He gasped.
♠ ♠ ♠
BEING PROCESSED

comment please and thank you.