The Tick Tock of the Clock

Bad news.

Pacing the room I waited for the stupid bellhops to get to the rooms with the food I’d ordered. I’ve been up for a total of twenty minutes and I’m already trying to have a fit.

The boys might not be able to make it to Phoenix in time to meet Crystal for the interview they’re plane had been delayed in Des Moines at about one this morning, they called to let me know it was delayed. Left a message and then called when they were getting on the plane about three hours later because of some stupid storm.

Ringing my hands I paced back and forth between the open door connecting both the rooms. Everyone was still asleep, which didn’t surprise me it was six-thirty in the morning. Taking in several deep shaky breaths I tried to calm my self down as I stood under the doorway.

A soft knock came from both doors. Hurrying to one door I opened it.

“Coffee table.” I stated the guy nodded as I ran to the other door almost falling over in the process. “Coffee table.” I stated pulling out two fives I handed each one. Smiling they nodded filling the tables with the food for the guys. Nodding they both left with the carts. I waved my hands a bit, which left me nothing to do other than worry. “Oh god.” I whispered going back to pacing, and looking at my phone. So I did the next best thing I knew how to do, I stepped out into the hallway and called Hayley. She was all the way in New York so I knew she was up.

“Hello?” Came her cheery, peppy voice. It was a little much to handle so early in the morning but it was better than nothing. “Hello?” She asked when I didn’t respond.

“Just keep talking.” I stated, listening to her laugh at me.

“Good morning to you too then Ellz.” She stated lightly. “Oh give me one of those, those look good.” I turned to look at my phone a bit confused. “So can I assume- thanks.” She muttered. “That your life is falling apart because of something you had no control over… or is it something different?” I groaned. “Ha! I’m always right! So what’s wrong now?” She sighed as I took in deep shaky breaths.

“The guys might not make it to the interview later today because of some storm that delayed there flight. They’re in the air right now, but they only left a few hours ago they won’t get to Oklahoma City for another hour and they said they might have a delay there. By the time they get to Oklahoma it’ll be about eight and they were suppose to be in Phoenix at around ten-ish now they won’t get here then, they’ll get in around noon or one, that lives an hour for the interview which will have to be held in the airport and those interviews have never gone well.” I gasped letting out a shaky breath as she hummed lightly listening to me. “I’m going to loose my hair.” I whispered, earning a large barking laugh out of her. “I’ve already got grey’s!” I gasped at her hugging my knees close to my chest.

“I read somewhere that a lot of guys like grey hair on younger women, it makes them look more mature.” She stated. “And why would you have to do the interview in the airport?” She asked.

“Because at two thirty, our plane leaves for Disney Land.” I sighed

“You’re going to Disney Land?! That’s so not fair! I wanna go!” she whined at me, I could just see her crossing her arms over her chest and sticking her bottom lip out. “And Josh wants to know if listening to the referee is worth points.”

“Smack him and tell him no.” I stated. I heard a loud smack and a scream of pain followed by a soft. ‘She said no, there. Happy?’ Laughing I placed my head between my knees as my stomach lurched. “I don’t feel good.” I whispered lightly looking at the doors hearing a loud scream.

“There’s food!” Smiling at the out burst I’ve know to assume is Brendon Urie rang through the whole floor more than likely waking the others.

“What’d you mean? Do you feel sick?” She whispered, I shrugged my shoulders.

“I just have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach… can you hold on?” I asked as my phone vibrated “I’ve got another call.”

“Sure sweetie.” She laughed at me. Transferring lines I answered quickly.

“Hello?” I asked lightly.

“Miss Phight?” I nodded lightly licking my lips.

“Yes, who is this?” I asked

“This is Officer Michaels from-” I cut him off I knew exactly who he was.

“From the 56 precinct in Aurora.” I stated he laughed. “Why are you calling me?” I asked lightly. This was the guy that arrested me and broke up the parties I went to in my teenage years.

“I have bad news for you,” I nodded humming a big. “Your sister died in a car crash only hours ago, the only person she mentions in her will, or to contact in an emergency is you.” My hand slid over my mouth as the joyful sounds of the guys inside discovering the food warm and ready to be devoured. “I’m terribly sorry. We’ll need you back in Chicago in several days. She’s left her son to you.”

I couldn’t respond as the tears leaked down my cheeks. Choking back sobs I nodded.

“I can do that, I’m in Phoenix right now.” I stated

“That’s what your boss’s extra assistant said.”

“What?” I asked lightly. Pete didn’t have another assistant, he had a secretary that sat out side his office in his building filtering his mail and organizing everything, but other wise did nothing but transfer calls to me.

“Miss Jessica Remolds.” Pete’s stalker, though he should just give her a job, she gets enough done for him.

“Oh yeah. Okay. Sorry. I’m just… yeah know.” I whispered sniffling back my sobs.

“Have a nice day.” With that the line went dead. What kind of shit was that? Have a nice Day? Transferring back to Hayley I choked back a sob.

“Sweetie? Are you okay?” She asked the urgency in her voice was just over whelming.

“My… My…”

“It’s not that big of a deal the guys’ll be late sweetie, I swear. You’ll still get everything done. I promise!” She gasped quickly freaking out, I’ve never cried over my job.

“My sister died.” I whispered. Her ramblings died almost instantly as she muttered a soft ‘shit’ as she listened to my cry. “And, she left me her son.” I added. “I don’t know how I’m going to manage Pete and a four year old.” I stated. As if it wasn’t enough I stressed out over my job, I just needed a kid to kick scream and cry all the time too.

“Oh, baby, baby, shush. Its fine, I promise its fine. I meet your sister and I bet her son is amazing. She was amazing and she was telling us that he was a good listener and everything. It’ll be fine baby I promise, I don’t know for sure, but you’ve got all of us. Baby, please stop crying… you’re going to make me cry.” I laughed lightly as that whipping at my eyes hearing foot steps on the side of one of the doors growing closer. “Now I’m crying are you happy? You made me cry.” She sniffled several times; I just couldn’t find my laughter any more. “I promise it’ll be fine. I seriously promise…” I lost her voice as the door opened. I pulled my hood up quickly tucking my head into my knees, holding back my sobs.

“Ella?” Pete’s voice rang out as he stood next to me, the door half open.

“Isabella Phight, a demand that you hand Peter your phone, right this second.” Hayley snapped though her voice was thicker and it cracked. Sniffling I shook my head.

“Ella, I can see you, I know you’re right there.” Pete laughed letting the door close as he set next to me. “Why don’t you come eat?”

“I’m not hungry.” I stated as softly as I could so he wouldn’t hear the sorrow in my voice or tell that it was thicker. “I don’t wanna.” I whined into the phone a bit not really wanting to let go of her voice. It was comforting to actually talk to a girl, and it didn’t help that I didn’t feel so weak hearing her crying as well.

“Are you on the phone?” Pete asked I nodded as Hayley began screaming Pete’s name into the phone. “Um… do they wanna talk to me?” He asked laughed as I shook my head.

“She’s lying! Answer the phone!” Rang from my phone as Hayley seemed to scream at the top of her lungs through the receiver.

“I must do as the phone tells me too.” Pete stated snatching the phone from my clutches. My fingers grasped for it a bit. “Hello?” He asked before laughing. “Are you crying Hayley?” I stood up walking down the hallway quickly. I didn’t care I was barefoot, didn’t have my keys, my phone. I didn’t care that I had on a black pull over hoodie, and black skinny jeans and a pair of white ankle socks. “WHAT?” rang out as I through open the stairs door while pressing the elevator button to confuse Pete, hoping it’d work.

Hurrying down the stairs I shivered at the cold metal railing and the difference from carpet to cement steps. Choking back a few more sobs I ran the sweater sleeve under my nose at it ran, not caring that I didn’t have a tissue to do it with.

“Ella!” Rang down the stairwell along with several different sets of foot steps. “Isabella Leeann Phight stop right this second!” Pete yelled at me. It didn’t really matter if I stopped he’d still catch up to me sooner or later, it’s not like I really had any where to go. “Ella!” a black blur flew past and around me stopping several steps down from me. “Ella?” Pete asked softly, the other foot steps seemed to slow as the guys gathered around me. “Come here.” He whispered holding his arms open as I closed my eyes trying not to cry. “Come on.” He whispered as his arms circled around me. “It’ll be okay, I promise.” He whispered in my ear holding me tightly as I gripped his black sweater. “Just let it okay, crying’s not a bad thing, I swear…” he whispered.

“It’s okay really.” I turned looking back at the guys as Spencer rubbed my back lightly just above where Pete’s arms circled. My half muted cry’s left my throat as I stuffed my face into Pete’s chest letting the sobs rock my body.

“See that wasn’t so hard was it?” Pete whispered several minutes later as we sat on the steps.

“You’re not wearing any pants.” I muttered resting my forehead against his shoulder.

“Well… I forgot those in the rush to make sure you were okay.” I looked at the guys, none of them were fully dressed other than Spencer who had on flannel pants and a large white Beatles shirt on. “Fan girls would die if they saw you guys.” I muttered pointing at Ryan and Brendon standing in there boxers, Jon at least had a shirt on.

“Are you okay?” Ryan whispered softly crouching down next to Pete and I.

“What am I going to do with a four year old? I already have to take care of him.” I stated pointing at Pete who ran his hand across my cheeks removing the cheeks still falling from my eyes. “If that hasn’t been a hard enough task.” Pete laughed softly. “I have grey hair because of you.” I hissed as he passed me my phone.

“Call Hayley later, she’s worried. You made her cry.” He stated standing up with me. “Let’s go back to the rooms. My ass if frozen from these steps.” Pete muttered as my legs circled his waist while they began to trudge back up the stairs. Sniffling I dialed Hayley.

“Oh my god, are you okay?” She gasped into the phone.

“I guess.” I whispered sniffling. “I’m sorry I made you cry.” I whispered to her.

“It’s okay, don’t worry. Do you need me to come to Chicago? Cause I’ll meet you there and we’ll handle this like two cranky teenage girls that are PMSing and need chocolate, and need it bad. You know I can do it… Josh don’t laugh at me you Asswhole!” she yelled at the man laughing at the way she put it.

“No… I don’t know.” I whispered as Pete pushed me up a bit more so I wouldn’t fall. Chewing on my bottom lip I held back more tears. I’d never talk to or see my sister again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided that I needed more drama.
So I gave it more drama.

Comment please. Thanks. :)
I'd love to know what you think!