The Tick Tock of the Clock

Two kids?

“You’re back.” I nodded lightly, it was late and the kid was heavy. “Is this him?” He asked softly pointing at the sleeping four-year-old on my hip. Nodding he let me in the bellhop pushing my two bags and the bags I’d packed for Jack. Before we left we stopped by and talked to my neurotic mother, moved all the things from my apartment to Mary’s and rearranged things perfectly because she lived in a friendly part of Chicago with a bigger place and one Jack was use to. It seemed better, ever if it was twice as far from Pete’s place in the city. “He’s pretty small.” I rolled my eyes at Andy’s words.

“He’s four.” I stated a bit annoyed as Pat helped Andy and the bellhop with the bags so the bellhop could leave quickly. “Of coarse he’s small.” I snapped setting the bag in my hand down with a groan. The taxi ride was slow and annoying the Taxi driver kept hitting on me and seemed like a pedophile with the way he kept talking to Jack; I about killed him and didn’t give him a tip.

“I though four year olds were bigger!” He gasped in a whisper.

“Where are Pete, Joe and Mady?” I asked softly crossing the large Villa to the bedroom and placed Jack in the bed tucking him in with his blanket. Ruffling his hair I sighed; backing out of the room leaving the light on so if he woke up the monsters wouldn’t eat him or scare him. I turned to Andy and Patrick.

“Joe and Mady are out on a date, and Pete’s in there.” Pat muttered pointing to the door to my left. “He’s staked it as his room and he hasn’t left the room in general for anything.”

“He hasn’t left that room?” I asked a bit surprised by the answer I’d gotten. Pat laughed.

“Hardly, he comes out for food and the bathroom.” Turning I glared at the door.

“So thee Pete Wentz has spent nearly four days in that room?” I asked watching as they both nodded. “Why?” I gasped a bit surprised Pete hadn’t already met his dear Cinderella and wasn’t rubbing it in my face right now that I could no longer control him with that threat. Both shrugged. Rolling my eyes I opened the door glaring at the lump in the bed.

“Go away.” He groaned.

“Get up.” I stated closing the door behind me as he lifted his head from the pillow. “Wanna tell me why you’ve trapped your self in a room for four days?” I asked he groaned placing a hand over his head mumbling to himself about his lack of sleeping causing hallucinations. “I said get up.” I muttered slapping at his bare shoulder.

“Ow that hurt!” He yelled glaring up at me. “That really hurt.” He whispered. Slowly his dark eyes shifted up to me. Sitting up he poked my stomach, in return I slapped him in the head. “You’re real!” He yelled pulling me into a hug as he rolled over in the bed trapping me under him.

“Sshh, be quite, Jack’s asleep in the next room over.” I hissed at him. “And you smell!” I muttered as I took in a needed breath. “Let me go right now!” I muttered hitting at him. Letting me go he sat up.

“Are you okay? How’d things go?” He asked quickly.

“I’m fine, things went as well as they could…” I muttered slowly staring at him. “Why haven’t you showered and why did the idiots in the other room tell me you’ve locked your self in this room for four days? I can’t even get you to stay in your apartment for an hour when I need you to.” I muttered he sighed placing his hands in his lap as he sat there, fumbling his hands lightly. “Pete?” I asked nervously. Reaching out I placed my hand over his.

“I felt bad okay?” He gasped. “I felt guilty about sending you to Chicago with no one even if Hayley was there to greet you. I should have gone. I left you there and stayed here to have fun with the guys. We… I, should have gone with you, what if you needed me?” He asked quickly. Rolling my eyes I pushed him a bit.

“Shut up and go take a shower, last time I checked it was I who took care of you; not the other way around. You don’t need to worry about me.” He sighed getting out of bed.

“Yes I do, you’re my best friend and everyone needs to be taken care of at some point no matter how old or young they are.” He whispered at me, pointing I clicked my tongue.

“Right that down, that could be a song.” I stated laughing he grabbed a few cloths as the door opened and Andy stuck his head in.

“Ellz, your assistance is need.” He whispered nodding I walked out to find Pat trying to calm Jack down who had crammed himself under the table in the corner of the room with his blanket.

“It’s okay buddy, It’s okay. We’re not going to hurt you.” Pat muttered waving his hands. “Just come out from under there before you hurt yourself okay?” He asked flustered. Turning to be he gasped. “What’d I do?” He muttered weakly. Laughing I kneeled down next to him and smiled at Jack.

“Jack sweetie, this is… I guess…” I muttered waving my hand a bit unsure of what Pat, Andy, Joe and Pete actually were to him let along the rest of the Fueled By Ramen and DecayDance family was to him. “Your Uncle Pat, He’s a good friend of mine. He won’t hurt you sweetie.” Jack sniffled tears running down his slightly tan cheeks. “Come here sweetie.” I whispered reaching for him. “Come here.” I whispered to him. Glancing at Pat I lifted my brows. “You can go now.” I stated laughing at him a bit.

“Oh right.” Pat muttered getting up quickly backing up as Andy and Pete walked over keeping there distance a bit as Jack slid towards me slowly. “Am I scary?” Pat whispered to Pete and Andy.

“Yes.” They both stated flatly.

“It’s the chops.” Pete teased petting the large sideburns Patrick had. Reaching up he himself touched them with worried eyes. Turning back to Jack, I reached back out to him trying to calm him down.

“It’s okay.” I muttered as he crawled into my chest. Sitting down I ran my hands over his cheeks removing the tears, the stains they left still etched against his slightly swollen face. “They’re not going to hurt you.” I whispered to him. Standing up I turned to the guys slowly. “Do you remember the picture I drew you on the plane?” I asked referring to the bag stick figure picture I drew for him when I was telling him about them. “That’s Andy.” I muttered pointing to the tall red head. “He was the one at your forth birthday party.” I muttered Andy waved lightly as Jack stuffed himself into my chest. “That’s Patrick, we just call Pat.” I stated as he waved weakly. “He’s not scary, he’s very sweet.” I muttered earning a smile from Patrick. “That’s Pete, He smells kinda funny right now because he hasn’t showered in a few days. But you’ll see him all the time; he’s my best friend and my boss.” I muttered softly. “and I wouldn’t be friends with anyone that would hurt you, I promise.” I whispered to him as they all waved and smiled at him.

Jack looked up at me holding up three fingers then four. My brows narrowed. With a frown he pointed at them and held up three fingers, then pointed to the spot next to Andy and shrugged his shoulders.

“Joe’s not here right now.” I muttered softly. “He and his girlfriend are out right now.” He held up two finger confused. “Yup, there are two people missing.” I stated he nodded rubbing at his cheeks with a sniffle understanding. My eyes drifted to the guys. “I’ll explain later, you.” I pointed at Pete. “Shower now before I forcefully shove you in it.” Holding his hands up, he backed up and went to the bathroom. Jack tugged on my shirt. “What?” I asked he pointed at his arm tapping it then at Pete.

“What’s his arm and Pete, have to do with anything?” Pat asked, I sighed.

“They have the same skin color.” I muttered getting it as he pulled at his skin a bit. “Yup Pete’s the same.” I muttered he nodded with pursed lips. “He’s a good guy too.” He nodded with narrowed brows seeming a bit determined about something. “Come on lets get you something to eat.” I sighed wandering to the kitchen. Setting him down he followed me holding his blanket up a bit so he wouldn’t trip over it and constantly looking over his shoulder at Andy and Pat watching us. “What’d you want?” I asked opening the fridge and looking inside it was nearly empty. Standing up I glanced at them. There were two boxes of pizza, soda, a small thing of milk and what looked like a thing of baking soda. “You people can’t shop?” I asked they both shrugged lightly pointing at the other. I froze hearing a wrapper. Looking down I noticed Jack opening a thing of string cheese. “Please tell me you bought string cheese.” I whispered watching and he pulled a piece off eating it.

“Yeah, there’s about half a bag of it.” Andy muttered slowly. I sighed looking the drawer at it as Jack watched me eating it, some of it hanging out his mouth. Ushering Jack out of the way of the door I closed it as he watched me still eating.

“When you’re done eating you’re going to bed okay?” I asked he nodded climbing up onto the couch looking around at the large space we were staying in with interested eyes. I sat watching him as Andy and Pat watched Jack and I a bit unsure of what to do; afraid they’d make the poor kid cry again.

Jack finished holding the wrapper out to me. Taking it I smiled at him.

“Do you want more?” I asked he nodded at me with a sheepish, worried look in his eyes. “Kay.” I smiled getting up throwing the wrapper away and took two or three to him and set them next to him. He opened one and began eating it stringing it apart watching it. “You guys can sit down.” I whispered to the two men still standing awkwardly behind the couch several feet. “I won’t eat you, his got string cheese.” I smiled at them as Jack tipped is head back looking at them a piece of the white cheese hanging down his chin. “Eat your cheese.” I stated he looked at me pushing the cheese the rest of the way in his mouth.

“Is he out cold?” Andy whispered leaning over the couch. I nodded picking up the extra string cheese and wrapping him in his blanket leaving him there. “How come he didn’t eat that one?” Andy asked.

“He only eats when he’s hungry; he stops when he’s full.” I muttered tossing the item back into the fridge. Pete wandered out and smiled at me.

“Where’s the little guy?” He whispered to me looking around. I pointed to the couch. Hurrying over Pete smiled down at the sleeping kid. “He’s so cute.” He whispered to me as I walked over picking up the small four-year-old.

“I thought you didn’t like kids.” I muttered. Pete shrugged a bit following me back towards the bedroom I’d first laid him in. “Whoa.” I whispered as Pete spun me pushing me towards his room. “What are you doing?” I asked.

“Leave Joe and Mady there room. You two can share with me.” Pete smiled. Rolling my eyes I laid Jack down on the bed before wandering out grabbing the bags placed in the middle of the floor and moved them to Pete’s room. “He doesn’t look anything like you; does he look like your sister?” He asked leaning over Jack a bit cautiously.

“Only his eyes.” I whispered as I began to un-tie his shoes and remove them. I pulled his shirt and pants off and pulled him into his pajamas before I pulled the blankets out from under him and tucked him in with his Rugrats blanket wrapped around him tightly. I stopped looking up at Pete staring down at me with a smile. “What?” I asked a bit confused, and slightly annoyed. It seems in four stressful days I’ve forgot how to deal with the antics of Pete Wentz… I’m seriously screwed.

“You’re really good at this whole thing.” He whispered. I blinked, maybe I wasn’t screwed. If I can take care of a four-year-old I should in theory be able to take care of Pete.

“I’ve had practice.” I stated smiling at him as Jack placed his thumb in his mouth sucking on it a bit while he slept.

“Really?” He asked a bit stunned with wide eyes.

“Yeah, I’ve been taking care of you for two years.” I smiled. Rolling his eyes he gave a fake laugh. “You know that was funny.” I muttered walking out of the room Pete hot on my trail. Turning off the light this time I left the door open a bit for the light to filter in.

“Whatever, you are the mommy.” He gasped throwing himself on the couch next to Pat who was watching the news.

“Yeah.” I gasped clapping my hands. “Two kids for me! One that’s four and one that’s twenty four!” I gasped as Andy looked up with narrowed brows. “You know what I mean." I mutered to him as he pointed ready to protest that one of my kids was two years older than me and it wasn’t humanly possible. Slowly he pointed at Pete. “Yes, I was talking about Pete.” He nodded while Pete mimicked me. “Though he acts six.” I mused as the door opened Joe and Mady walking in.

“Oh my god your back!” She squealed running over to me hugging me. “And just as I’m leaving.” She whined my brows narrowed. “I gotta go back to work right away because numb-nuts over there only got me so many days. He forgot the day it takes to fly here and the day it take to fly back to Chicago so I get to spend tomorrow on a plane. Yeah.” She muttered rolling her eyes as Joe scowled at her.

“I didn’t mean to.” Joe whined.

“Yeah I mean it’s not his fault he’s mentally retarded and can’t count.” Pete shot as Joe glared.

“Glad to see your back.” Joe hissed as Mady hugged him and kissed his neck not being tall enough to reach his lips. “Huh?” He muttered confused by the affection after being called a retard and numb-nuts.

“Are you going to take me to the airport tomorrow?” She asked softly as they swayed, arms wrapped around each other, foreheads pressed together.

“Can you to go be loving somewhere else?” I asked lightly sitting on a stool at the bar dividing the kitchen and the living room from one another. Rolling there eyes they wandered to their room. “And no sex.” They stopped turning to me, amazed I was now controlling their love life. “There’s a four-year-old in the room next to you. If you can do it with out a sound, Fine but don’t wake him. That goes for all of you.” I stated nodding Joe and Mady first vanished into Pete’s room, I could hear them cooing over Jack before they vanished into their room. “Ew.” I whispered realizing what they were doing could result in more kids.

“Yeah…” All there of them muttered a bit slowly.

“When does Brendon get here?” I asked them.

“They called and said he would be in about ten tonight.” Rolling my eyes I yawned.

“I’m going to bed.” I stated, nodding they all waved at me as I wandered into Pete’s room and grabbed my bag pulling on my pajamas, a regular black t-shirt a pair of basketball shorts and socks. Snuggling under the covers with Jack I placed my arm around him and snuggled up to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please, it's my second update today.
I'm on a roll! ... Look butter!
:]