The Tick Tock of the Clock

those poor kids...

Sighing I looked out the window to the little cookie cutter houses lining the street. I’d once made fun of Pete for having grown up and spent most of his life on this block, it made sense to why he rebelled against being ‘normal’ and turned out the way he did. He’s the Edward Scissor hands in this perfect little world, sort of.

Glancing around I found myself wondering how much a house would cost. Sure I the apartment I had a large apartment, but it didn’t have a front or back yard. It also didn’t have other kids Jack could play with during the day after he got out of preschool or kindergarten. He was stuck with Pete and I running around because Pete’s life is crazy and if he’s not with us then Jenna volunteered to babysit him and then he’s subjected to her and Beckett possibly going at it, or Sisky and Butcher are trying to corrupt his mind. None are very good for a growing boy, the last two make me worry for his safety and mental stability; who knows what Sisky and Butcher could teach or show him, the newest nightmares that keep me awake at night.

The car slowed down parking on the curb in front of a tan house with white trim and awkward and out of place crimson painted red door. Pete thinks Ville Valo and the rest of HIM got lost one day on tour and his front door was the inspiration for Behind the Crimson Door; I think he’s crazy and loosing what little bit of his mind he has left.

“Home sweet Home.” Pete whispered killing the engine.

“And it’ll be your grave.” I stated noticing the thin pale white curtain flutter meaning his mother was watching for us. “How late are we?” I asked getting out of the car. Glancing in the window I noticed Pete counting as he looked at his phone. “Hours.” I whispered opening the back door smiling at Jack. “This is Pete’s Parents house.” I muttered to him as he looked at it a bit unsure. “Pete’s mom wanted to meet you. Think of her as… you’re… Grandma.” I muttered he blinked a bit surprised at me. “She’ll be around a lot because she doesn’t trust Pete around you.” I muttered truthfully as I put him down on the ground.

“Hey.” Pete whined, looking up at him he sighed. “Fine, it’s true.” He groaned reaching down and taking Jack’s hand. “Ha, mine.” He laughed walking up the pathway with Jack. Rolling my eyes I followed behind Fred filming Pete and Jack.

“Mommy!” Pete yelled throwing open the door. “I’m home!” He called lifting one arm for a hug as his moth came out of the kitchen in a hurry.

“Isn’t he adorable!” She gasped running past Pete and Fred to Me. “Ella, he’s adorable.” She whispered to me giving me a tight hug. “You should have brought him over sooner!” she muttered pulling me in towards the house more. “He has your eyes.” I nodded smiling.

“Yeah,” I whispered softly. “Can we talk about this later Mrs. Wentz?” I asked lightly watching as she frowned at me for not calling her by her first name. At the same time I also knew that she would ask me who the father was and I didn’t feel like saying ‘I don’t know’ to her; she seems rather uptight about something like that.

Nodding she smiled at me.

“Of course.” She whispered crouching down by Jack. “Aren’t you just adorable?” She whispered to him. Quickly Jack tucked behind Pete’s leg hugging it tightly with both hands.

“What about me?” Pete whined softly to her. Standing she patted his head muttering something about how he was cute when he was that age and ushered us all inside quickly. “You are a cold woman.” Pete muttered to his muttered sniffling lightly. “No.” Pete gasped picking Jack up as she turned back around. “You can’t have him, you’ll corrupt him!”

“Oh hush Peter.” His mother gasped waving a hand at him lightly, rolling her eyes at him.

“But aren’t I cute?” Pete whined softly at her. Sighing I pinched the bridge of my nose tightly, trying to think of a way out of this. “Ella, aren’t I cute?” Pete whined turning to me. Sighing I patted his shoulder lightly. “I hate you.” He whispered as I took Jack from his arms.

“I know.” I muttered lightly.

“Even I’m more adorable than you Pete.” Turning I looked at his brother standing in the doorway, a spoon in his mouth. “Right Ella?” He asked. Grunting Pete smacked him in the back of the head as I rolled my eyes at him. “Ow.” Anthony whined rubbing the back of his head. “Mom, Pete hit me.” He groaned as his mother simply passed him telling him not to whine.

“Ha ha.” Pete taunted him as I passed both into the kitchen. “Hey don’t ignore me.” Pete growled following me, pushing his brother aside roughly as he did so. I didn’t even look back at him.

“Did I really have to come Mrs. Wentz? I mean,” I paused licking my lips lightly as I set Jack down on a chair. “I know he’s an annoying person to be around, but you’re his mother you should be use to it.” I stated sitting in the chair next to Jack as Mrs. Wentz placed two plates of cherry pie in front of us. “You spoil us.” I muttered lightly watching as she gave Pete a large piece.

“I love you mommy.” Pete muttered up to her as she kissed the top of his head, an arm wrapped around his shoulders. “I should buy you a present… Oh wait,” Pete laughed slapping the table. “I did!” He gasped leaning over and began digging through his bag. “Aren’t I good son?” He asked holding up a box to her. Frowning she took it knowing the trouble that could come if she refused.

“Yes you are.” She muttered opening it next to him. “Pete.” She gasped looking at the necklace and bracelet he’d bought her. She blinked a bit startled by the lavished item. I glanced at Pete a bit surprised as well. For a man with a lot of money he doesn’t spend much of it very easily on items like that. “Am… am I suppose to wear this to something?” She whispered looking down at him, concerned.

“No.” Pete stated stuffing his mouth full of pie.

“I have to show your father.” Mrs. Wentz muttered rushing from the room as I turned my attention to Jack letting him have some of his pie. He smiled up at me a bit surprised, he’s still not use to getting many items and such good food; and Mrs. Wentz’s cooking kicks Martha Stewart’s ass a million times over.

“Wow, just encourage her.” Anthony muttered shaking his head as he served himself a piece of pie. Pete and I gave him confused looks. “She’s been reading the tabloids.” Anthony muttered lightly as he took a seat. “Well, if you were over enough, mom really likes Ella-” Pete cut him off.

“Duh, I’ve noticed that. That’s why we don’t visit much. I get showed up by my assistant.” He gasped through a mouth of food.

“Don’t talk with food in your mouth.” I snapped at him as I grabbed a napkin. “You’ve got crap on your face.” I added handing Pete the napkin as the red smudge ran down his chin. Rolling his eyes he took it from me cleaning his face off.

“No, Pete,” Anthony muttered lightly poking at his pie. “Mom wishes Ella was her daughter, but since she not she’s hoping you two will get married.” My eyes darted to Pete. Winching I covered my mouth as I looked away from him, I could tell he was doing the same thing. “Yeah, but since the tabloids came out and you were near Vegas she thought maybe you had.” Anthony muttered. “She was hoping that maybe she could help plan the bigger wedding so…” He trailed off shaking his head. “You should see all the Bridal magazines she has. Dear god, dad and I couldn’t talk her out of the idea that it was only tabloids slinging bull.” Pete choked lightly as he leaned on the table towards his brother.

“So you’re saying mom’s thinking that maybe something big is going to happen like…” Anthony lifted a finger and left the kitchen. He returned moments later.

“She’s trying to get dad to believe that you two are going to announce soon that you are getting married you just wanted throw off the media.” Anthony muttered as he went back to eating his pie.

Glancing at Pete I frowned at him.

“Can you do nothing right?” I asked. “I’m off for a day and you’re already misleading people. If you’ve corrupted your mothers mind this badly, think about the fans…” I trailed off. Groaning I placed my elbows on the table and rested my head in my hands. “Dear god, those poor kids.” I whispered listening to Pete gasp and slap his hand over his heart.

“Ow!” Pete gasped as I lifted my head looking at Anthony.

“I now understand why Fall Out Boy and this retard,” I jabbed my thumb at Pete. “Is so popular, he corrupts peoples minds, he’s a modern day villain.” I gasped looking down at Jack poking at his pie. “If you’re full you don’t have to finish it.” I stated softly to him, running my hand through his hair lightly.

“Wow.” Pete clapped. “I love how you can be cruel and destroying my ego one second the next you’ve gone all sweet and motherly on us.” He stated clicking his tongue as he clapped. “Isn’t that awesome Ant?” He asked his brother who shrugged.

“I enjoy it, because she seems to be the only one to tear you down, and I think that I could take that kind of abuse.” Anthony muttered. Scooping a piece of pie onto my fork I flung it at him.

“Is that enough abuse for you?” I mumbled to him, annoyed. Pete burst with laughter clapping as Anthony cleaned the cherry pie off his face.

“I like it.” Anthony stated.

“Ew.” Pete muttered. “You’re disgusting seriously, I feel bad for whatever guy she marries. I bet he lives a year because so for I’ve survived a year and I’m just a best friend.”

“You’ve only survived because you’re my boss and sign my checks.” I muttered lightly putting some of the pie in my mouth letting it melt a bit as I chewed, the flavor overloading my taste buds a bit as chewed it.

“Burn!” Anthony muttered as Pete glared at me, fork stuck in his mouth. “Ella, I think I love you.” He added, groaning I stood up.

“Pete watch Jack, I’m going to go rain on your mothers parade.” I stated leaving the room.

“I swear to god, I’ll marry her.”

“You’re a few years too young for her.” Pete’s voice carried out behind me. “Like five or six.” Looking around I sighed. I paused noticing a Bridal magazine on the coffee table. Shaking my head I headed up the stairs.

“Mrs. Wentz...?” I called lightly.