The Tick Tock of the Clock

Short a son

“You are soo mean to your mother.” I gasped fluffing a pillow as Jack sat on the bed in front of me, his thumb in his mouth as Pete pulled his shirt over his head. “You are so mean to her.” I muttered putting the pillow on the bed as Pete turned to look at me.

“How am I mean to her?” Pete gasped undoing his belt as Jack looked between the two of us a bit confused. Placing my hands on my hips I stared at Pete. “So I didn’t wanna break my mom’s heart. You my friend would have because you are heartless.” Pete muttered pushing his pants down his legs as I rolled my eyes at him. “You are. I mean seriously? What did you do when I almost died?” He asked.

“Pete, you tried to kill yourself. What did you want me to do?” I asked looking down at Jack. Turning around I began digging through my bag for his pajama’s. “Cry over you like your mother had the time before? Because that didn’t work.” I muttered holding out Jack’s pajama’s to him. Taking them he slid off the bed heading towards the bathroom. “And why can’t you be like him and change in the bathroom?” I asked pointing at Jack as Pete putting his pajama pants on. The bedroom door opened and closed as Jack left.

“Because I’m a big boy I don’t need to change in a bathroom. I’ve very proud of my size.” He nodded as I watched him place his hands on his hips, glaring at me. Nodding slowly he frowned. “That was that one time thing!” He snapped bitterly pointing at me. “And you didn’t need the slap me after I woke up. That was just cold.” Rolling my eyes I moved the covers lightly and sitting down on the bed my back to him. “It was. I mean hello, I just tried to kill myself and the one person they let in my room was you because you control my affairs and you slap me when I wake up. That hurt, as if I didn’t feel like crap already.” He mumbled sitting on the other side of the bed.

“You crushed your mom more than I could have tonight. Just telling her we’re never getting together would have stopped the whole idea, and in the future she won’t get hurt when you marry someone else and I marry someone else. Now she thinks you want her to wear it to the ball and she probably thinks that we’re still going to get married.” I muttered listening to the bed creak as he laid down.

A silence drifted over the room as I sat facing the window. Slowly my eyes began to wander the walls, over the colorful posters and the papers with old lines on them. I paused on a line hanging near the bed.

Sugar we’re going down swinging

Turning I glanced at Pete staring up at the ceiling, his arms tucked behind his head as he gazed up at the Smashing Pumpkins poster. Frowning I watched as the door creaked open and Jack made his way back into the room, his pajama’s on, cloths in his arms.

“You’re room as always bugged me.” I muttered lightly standing and moved to Jack as he waited by the door. Pete looked at me and shrugged. It’s always weird to be in the room Pete called home most of his life and to see it the same way he left it. “Ready for bed?” I asked Jack taking his cloths from him.

Nodding Jack climbed up on the bed by Pete’s feet and moved up towards the pillows. Folding the small cloths I watched as Pete smiled and Jack and rolled over onto him laughing as Jack squirmed and giggled. A small smile made it’s way onto my face as the two wresting.

“Okay, Okay.” I called lightly clapping my hands. Both looked at me. “Enough. It’s time for bed.” I stated both frowned and gave me large eyes. “It’s already past both you’re bed times.” I muttered pulling the covers back and sliding under them. Jack followed as Pete snorted. “Peter don’t make me get your mother in here.” I stated glaring over Jack at him.

Quickly Pete stuffed himself under the covers and rolled over so he couldn’t see me looking at him. Laughing I laid back down and smiled at Jack looking at me with large green eyes.

Ruffling his hair and smiled lightly. I blinked a bit confused by the unsure stare he was giving me.

“Oh.” I muttered sitting up and climbing out of bed. Pete sat up looking at me a bit startled. Grabbing Jack’s blanket I moved back to bed handing it to him. Smiling Jack snuggled up to it closing his eyes. “Say a word Peter and die.” I stated as Pete opened his mouth.

“Fine be that way.” He huffed laying back down as I climbed into bed and drifted to sleep slowly.

There was a crash and screaming. Sitting up I looked around Pete’s room. The side of the bed Pete had slept on empty. Frowning I got up noticing that not only Pete was missing from the bed.

Heading down the back stairs I ended up in the kitchen, Mrs. Wentz cooking a large Sunday styled breakfast. Frowning I looked up to the backdoor as she pointed with her spatula. Saluting I opened the door and walked down the side of the house to the backyard. Pete was wresting with Anthony, both yelling at each other as Jack sat in the shade playing with a toy by himself.

“What are you two doing?” I asked crossing my arms over my chest as they rolled around. Both froze looking up at me and shrugged before going back to fighting and yelling.

They were yelling things like ‘you hooker!’ and ‘butt monkey’, just stupid things that didn’t mean anything to the other.

“You guys are having one of those brotherly bonding moments aren’t you?” I asked they both agreed with two grunts as Anthony flipped Pete under him pinning him a bit. Nodding I turned around to go back inside. “Hey, no swearing Jack’s out here.”

“Okay.” They yelled looking up at me, both smiling. Nodding I headed back inside as they went back to fighting.

“Your sons are retarded.” I stated the second I was inside. Closing the door Mrs. Wentz laughed at Mr. Wentz agreed from his spot at the kitchen table, paper under his nose. “Good morning.” I muttered kissing the side of Mr. Wentz’s cheek. “Where were you yesterday?” I asked moving around the table and sitting across from him.

“This magical thing called work.” He mumbled lightly turning the page of his paper. Nodding I licked my lips knowing he worked from home a lot. “So when did you get a kid?” He asked lowering his paper to stare at me.

“He’s my sisters.” I whispered Mrs. Wentz froze turning to watch me. “She was.”

“Pete slept with your sister?” She asked, mouth open. Laughing I shook my head.

“No, no Pete never even met my sister. I don’t know who Jack’s real father is. I mean… I never had the chance to meet him before she left him. I guess he was a drunk and abusive. But she…” I paused licking my lips as my throat closed lightly thinking about it. I’d done everything to keep my mind off the fact that she was gone. Working for and being friends with Pete made it easier. “She died a couple weeks ago.” I whispered. Mrs. Wentz stopped in her tracks staring at me.

“Oh sweetie…” She whispered as Mr. Wentz reached across the table and placing one of his large hands over mine.

“Mom!” The back door swung open and Pete burst through the backdoor Jack on his back and Anthony behind him. “Oh… you’re having that conversation.” Pete whispered stepping in slowly as Anthony’s brows dropped confused. “umm… well…” Pete stuttered.

“What did you want?” I snapped at him, not looking up from the table.

“I wanted to say that Anthony is being a butt head, but… never mind.” Pete grumbled. “we’re going for ice cream!” He yelled bolting for the front door. Rolling my eyes I sighed lightly.

“Wait a minute…” I muttered standing up listening to the front door slam. “Peter!” I yelled running after him. I slowed down as Pete’s SUV pulled away from the curb. “Peter!” I yelled down the block at him as he sped away.

“Ella?” Mrs. Wentz muttered in the doorway. Turning I looked at her then down the block. “What’s wrong? Pete’s old enough to go get ice cream.”

“He said we.” I muttered sourly. “And Jack just went with your son who is old enough to get himself ice cream and Jack shouldn’t be eating ice cream at nine am in the morning.” I huffed as she laughed patting my shoulder lightly. “You’re going to be short one son soon and I’m going to be unemployed.” I growled as an arm wrapped around my shoulders. I glanced up at Anthony as Mrs. Wentz went back inside mumbling something about not hurting Pete too badly.

“You know,” Anthony muttered softly. “I’d never do that. I’d be a good role model for Jack.” He smiled down at me. Rolling my eyes I shoved him off me. “I’ll be everything and anything you want me to be.” He stated as I headed back inside the house.

“Anthony, shut up.” I stated rolling my eyes as I moved back into the kitchen and sat down at the kitchen table.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, so I've gota screwed up hand, I've been trying to type this for the past week or so.
It's really really hard to type with one hand.
So what I'm trying to say it I'm sorry for the delay and sorry if it doesn't make total sense.
I'm working on my other stories as well, along with the next chapter to this story.
I'm so, so, sorry for the wait.