The Tick Tock of the Clock

Women are confusing, no offense.

“Stop wiggling.” I muttered pulling on the vest he was trying on. I’d managed to get him in a nice white button up and a vest for the evening because a few someone’s accidentally spilled the beans and Mr. William Beckett decided to be a jerk and have Pete and I call everyone and tell them it was slightly formal. It’s sad when a six-foot-two bean pole of a man can stand up holding your Ipod over his head knowing you won’t get it. He held Pete’s Ipod at squirt-gun point; it was funny till he pulled out mine.

“I hate suits.” He groaned. “I feel like a monkey.” Pete hissed at me as I stood on a small foot stool to reach a decent height to fix his bow-tie. Shaking my head I fixed it for him and stepped down off the stool as he held his arms out.

“Good. Now look and decide if you like the bow-tie better than the tie.” I muttered lightly. “Also kill Sisk and The Butcher they squealed.” I sighed crossing my arms over my chest as he turned looking at him self.

“Yeah telling some girl name Jenna.” He growled reaching over I smacked him hard. “What?” he gasped startled.

“Leave Jenna alone you jerk.” I sighed, arms crossed over my chest. “She’s gunna be there, so I don’t know why they were telling her.” I muttered at how stupid they could be sometimes, but it was rather funny she even knew them. I’d grown up Jenna and Chislett and James The Academy Is… sound tech. It just seems weird that James and Chizz were apart of the band and introduced Jenna to them, which I was scared to do after I met them.

“Why, she ruined the surprise, and she wasn’t on my list.” He hissed. Reaching out I hit him hard as he pulled the bow-tie off tossing it on the ground. “I hate both the bow-tie and the regular tie.” He sighed arms crossed over her chest.

“She grew up with Chizz and I.” I stated he nodded slowly.

“So you knew they’d want her there.” I nodded and rolled my eyes. “Well I guess they were telling her about it because she asked what plans they had for Bill thinking he wasn’t around, when tall, pale and slightly retarded was around the corner.” He sighed laughing lightly as I shook my head.

“She probably meant on there own not the party you set up.” He nodded. “And you have to treat her like everyone else.” I snapped motherly pointing at him, watching his face twist up confused. “She’s mute.” I stated simply picking up his bow-tie as he gasped and nodded slowly understanding. “But she’s not deaf so don’t be Sisk all over again and yell at her really slow.” I laughed remembering that evening as Pete burst into laughed, hunching over and holding his sides. “So how was the party last night?” I muttered holding both the red tie and the black bow-tie up watching him trying to contain his laughter.

“Boring, I was arm candy.” He hissed, eyes darting between the two items I help. “And what are you wearing?” He asked I pointed to my bag where my dress pants and nice black top lay.

“Pete.” I sighed as he darted for my bag. “I don’t care if you look just pick one.” I sighed holding his two items out to him watching him lift the two.

“This so isn’t fair I have to wear something close to a suit and you getta wear something that looks like your going to a meeting?” He gasped holding up the two items.

“It’s the only thing I have Pete, if I had something better I’d wear it ‘cause Bill would kill me other wise.” I sighed as he tossed the cloths back into the bag and lifted the red tie from my hand holding it to his neck and turning to the mirror again.

“You don’t own a dress?” He asked handing it back and folding the bow-tie and holding it back to his neck. Laughing I shifted my weight staring at him a bit amazed.

“Do I look like I own dress?” He glanced at me in the mirror and shrugged. “Have you ever seen me in a skirt?” He shook his head trading items again. “Shorts?” He paused and shook his head. “Then answer me this, do you think I own a dress?”

“Touché.” He stated snatching the red tie and holding it out to me. Stepping back onto the stool I took it from him and draped it around his neck putting it on him the right way so it wouldn’t be lopsided or wrong. “So, I’m ready…what?” he asked as I cleared my throat and pointed down to the fact that he was only wearing boxers. “Crap.” He sighed heading to the bed and grabbing the nice pants I’d laid out and pulling them on.

“Shoes to mister, I’m not letting you any where with out your shoes on.” Nodding he sat down pulling his shoes on over his as I grabbed my cloths and headed into the bathroom to change.

Standing in the mirror I ran my hands over my shirt, it was sleeve less and stopped at the very edge of the shoulders, had a square neck cut to the neck line, it dropped off rather loosely from the breast and came in at my hips in a small wrap like design.

“Come on.” I looked at my face and the lack of make-up. I shrugged I never wore make-up unless Pete had somewhere important to go and I had to look good so he looked good that he had a decent looking assistant attached at his hip.

Walking out Pete smiled at me and nodded.

“What?” I growled as he forced back a smile.

“You look nice.” He muttered rolling my eyes and turned and stopping looking at him again and pointed to my eyes then his. He’d but on black smudge even though I told him not to because he’d get it on his cloths. I told him I’d do it for him. “Yeah well you took forever.” Rolling my eyes I grabbed my cell-phone and keys and placed them in the small pockets I had and waved Pete to follow me. “I’m carrying both our ID’s right?” Nodding I looked up at him as we descended the stairs.

“Yeah, that’s not a problem is it? I figured you had big enough pockets and I don’t really wanna carry a purse-” Covering my mouth he laughed and pointed at the small black flats with small heels on the back I had.

“Its fine, I was just checking.” He whispered wandering to the kitchen. Sitting down I placed the small wedges, basically, on and stood up placing my hands into my pockets.

“Let’s go.” I muttered softly not liking the fact that we had to be dressed up either. “You don’t wanna be late picking up your date do you?” I asked with a cocky smirk that even though he was complaining about her he still invited her to go to Bill’s party last minute.

“Yeah, yeah.” He groaned heading to the door with me. “I’m regretting this already.” He sighed as he locked the door and stood in the elevator holding the doors open for him.

“Stop being a baby.” I sighed as he turned around stepping in the elevator and pressing the lobby button as I moved away from the doors as well so they could close and descend to the bottom floor.

Tucking my hands into my pockets I stood there in the silence of the elevator as Pete kept checking his phone for the time. I glanced at him and held my hand out. He’d drive himself crazy with the time if he held onto the phone.

Pursing his lips he handed it over to me.

“You can have it back once we get Ashlee in the car.” He nodded stuffing his hands in his pockets like me and rocking back and forth on his heels. “Less than an hour ago you said you’d be so cool about picking her up you’d be shitting ice cubes.” I stated watching as he stopped. “Right now you’re shitting bricks. So chill and star dumping ice.” I hissed at him a bit annoyed he was freaking out.

“I know, but still… she said she’d be really dressed up on the phone when you were in the bathroom.” He sighed. “And I’m not.”

“This coming from the man who said he’d go against Bill and wear a t-shirt and jeans till he was reminded his Ipod still hang in the balance.” Pete clicked his tongue glaring at me, eyes pointing down at me.

“And who had to remind me?” He hissed.

“Would you prefer to look like a hobo next to Ashlee and have your Ipod destroyed if I hadn’t?” I asked lightly watching his mouth drop open and close as he floundered like a fish to find a come back. “Thought not.” I hissed at him playfully nudging him and rolling my eyes as the elevator doors opened and we crossed the lobby. “Wait.” I stated he turned quickly as I looked at the nice loafers he was wearing. “Okay.” I stated he laughed rolling his eyes at how paranoid I was being about his shoes. “Bite me.” He turned to me. “Do and I’ll tell Ashlee.” I stated finally having control over the situation.

Snapping his fingers he mumbled a sting of profanities as he slid into the car in front of me.

“Miss Simpson’s hotel.” I muttered to Tom as I closed the door and glanced at Pete still complaining like a teenager being told they couldn’t go out on a Friday evening. “Oh shush and start with the ice cubes.” I snapped at him a bit annoyed at his attitude at the moment.

“You know,” he snorted hand over his mouth. “You sound funny when you,” he snorted a few more time trying suppress laughter. “You say that.” He snorted hands clutching his sides as he leaned over bursting out in laughter. At least I was good at something at the moment.

Pete laughed most the way to Ashlee’s before he had to go in and get her with the rose’s we had Tom pick up for him.

Is it sad to say that I’ve never seen Mr. Pete Wentz look so nervous in two years? I honestly think he’s in love and a part of me hates it and I know what part it is.

“Hi.” I muttered sliding over as they both slid in. I waved at her and smile lightly handing Pete back is phone. “How have you been Ella… right?” She muttered holding a hand out to me. Taking I shook it and nodded.

“Yup.” I stated with a sweet smile, I’ve only met the woman once and don’t really know her so I don’t see why I’m so worried. I know Pete’s not only my boss but also my best friend but still, I’ve given other girls more of a chance when I know they’re just gold digging and she’s not gold digging and I know it. She looks at him differently than the other girls ever have. “Nice to see you again.” I stated she laughed and nodded.

“At least I know I’ll have one friend there right?” She asked I waved a hand at her lightly and watched worry flick through her eyes.

“You’ll have more friends there than you think, but yes you will.” I smiled at her as Pete let out a small sigh. I hit him lightly in the leg in a way to tell him to shut up I wasn’t going to ruin anything. “Did you have fun with Peter here ruining your party last night?” I asked pointing at Pete, whose mouth dropped.

“I didn’t ruin it!” He gasped as Ashlee laughed.

“Yes, he made it all worth while. I would’ve been totally bored with out him there. Like Oh my God.” She gasped waving a hand at me in a playful swat of a way as I glanced at Pete. He’s face read one thing, and one thing only if you could read his face right. Written across his features he had ‘we didn’t even talk once all night’ across his face. “Right Pete-see?” she asked poking his nose lightly as she clung to his arm tightly, it was cute.

“Yeah.” He stated quickly, voice cracking lightly. “I had a great time.” He smiled at her as I reviewed his ranting from earlier as I tried to dress him.

“Pete take your shirt off!” I groaned chasing him around, his strides twice as big as mine. He’d just gotten back form Ashlee’s. I figured he’d be pacing around like this because of the party last night with her, but I thought it’d be good things.

“I can’t believe how boring that was! She was mad at the way I dressed. I was the only one not in a suit, or the equivalent of a suit and she was mad at me and she said semi-formal. I was semi-formal I could’ve gone in my fake tux shirt like I wanted to, but no you helped me and made me look decent with that black jacket over the black and white shirt and she was still mad!” He gasped throwing his arms over his head as I stopped glaring at him. If he was going to throw his arms over his head couldn’t he at least remove his shirt and make my job easier?

“Pete, shirt please?” I snapped as he paced back and forth through his room. Stopping he glanced at me startled. “Shirt?” He nodded at my command with a quick ‘right’ and removed it as he went back to pacing.

“She just dragged me around all night and didn’t even introduce me to half the people there. Like I swear there wear nearly two-hundred people there and I met like twenty when we said Hi to everyone. It was so boring I almost fell asleep when I sat down while she went to the bathroom, and she didn’t even come right back to she talked to a bunch of people and left me there for almost an hour by myself as people laughed at me!” He threw his arms up ripping the shirt out of my hands, one of his arms halfway in the long white sleeve of the button up. “I mean, I swear! It was so boring I could have had more fun here staring at the ceiling.” He gasped lowering his arms as I glared at him. “Sorry, I just don’t get it. Why do girls do that? Invite you somewhere saying it’s going to be this amazing thing and then they play bad, slow music for all the old geezers there and don’t even serve any kind of alcohol so you have to suffer more?” He asked. “I mean… she looked amazing but she wouldn’t even let me kiss her cheek, I wasn’t even planning on going any farther than a kiss or two, because I like her an all but she… ugh. Women are confusing, no offense.” He yelled waving his arms again startling me as I tried to button it. He stopped buttoning it quickly for me. “I seriously need someone who understand me because I nodded when she asked if I was having fun and muttered something really, I mean really sarcastic, you know how when I’m being a total little bitch?” Pete muttered, not really asking. I nodded as he adjusted the shoulders in the shirt and collar, smoothing it out a bit as he shook his head a bit disappointed. “and she totally though I was being serious and told me, that she had parties like this in the future and I muttered a ‘great’ because I didn’t have the heart to tell her I’d have a fake illness or business every time one came up so I wouldn’t kill myself from how depressing the parties would be.” He sighed and held his arms out as I slipped the vest over his shoulders and buttoned the two large buttons.

“Pick a tie and a bow tie, you’ll prefer with that.” I sighed listening to him swear to himself about how’d he’d kill himself if he had to go to another one of those parties.


“I have another one coming up soon.” She stated lightly smiling up at him trailing a finger down his cheek as I came back to reality and leaned back in my seat.

“When?” I asked not even looking at them as earlier played in my head. I couldn’t understand why Pete was torturing himself with her at the moment if he couldn’t stand her and her parties. Well, he couldn’t stand her parties but I wasn’t sure if he couldn’t stander her or not.

“Um… next week…” she stated and looked at Pete. “What does she care?” she whispered like I wouldn’t hear in the small car. Shaking my head and rolling my eyes I sighed.

“Pete won’t be here. He’ll be in California on business.” I stated glancing at her and watched her face drop as Pete’s eyes rolled in relief.

“Oh that stinks. Next one sweet-pee.” She giggled he nodded and kissed her cheek lightly, as he squeezed her tightly as one thought ran through my mind as Pete turned his head to me as she stuffed her head into his neck.

‘we’re planning something’ he mouthed, nodding I glanced back out the window as the car got closer finding Pete’s new relationship rather hilarious at the moment. If I couldn’t torture Pete, at least I could cancel all his plans and send him to one of her parties to torture himself.

“We’re here.” Tom muttered. Pete leaned over and let Ashlee out first since she was closest to the side walk. I climbed out last and grabbed Pete’s arm as Ashlee ran in side muttering something about powering her nose.

“If her parties are as boring at you say.” I muttered hearing the music on the roof of the building and seeing the flashing lights despite how many stories it was up. “She’s going to have a heart attack because she’s never been to one of your parties.” I stated as he slapped both his hands over his face. Pete had strippers, alcohol of every type, half naked dancers, pounding music, flashing lights, and loud screaming dancing people. “Well I’m going to go tell Bill happy birthday and mingle. I have my phone.” I called as I headed to the elevator many people were filling into. “Bye.” I waved as the doors closed and he beat himself with the butt of his hands repeatedly.

I think I like Ashlee, she makes he much more miserable that I do. That makes me smile.