The Tick Tock of the Clock

And they attempted to live happily ever after.

Opening my eyes I rolled over looking at Pete sleeping soundly. Smiling I got up and quickly got dressed. A smile seemed to be permanently plastered on my face as I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. Groaning he pulled away.

“Jerk.” I whispered at him before quickly leaving the room and peeking in on Jack and Aaron. Thankfully they were still out cold. “Breakfast.” I nodded lightly. Groaning I frowned at the idea of cooking. I didn’t want to do anything but crawl back into bed and cuddle up next to Pete. “Jerk.” I whispered at the fact that he was still asleep and tucked into a nice warm bed.

“Alright.” I sighed nodding my head. “Breakfast.” I stated. “What the hell am I doing about breakfast?” I asked myself.

“You shouldn’t talk to yourself, you look crazier than you actually and I’m not a jerk.” Spinning I looked at Pete leaning in the doorway. “Come back to bed.” He whispered, nodding his head in the direction of the bed.

“Put some pants on.” I laughed. His eyes dropped.

“You liked this look last night.” He teased, a brow rose and smirked at the thought. Pointing at his nakedness I pointed to the room behind him with both brows raised. “Fine.” He grumbled. “Come on little Pete, I gotta put you away.” He whispered to it.

“You think I’m crazy talking to myself. Atleast I don’t talk to my sexual organs.” I groaned at him in disgust and humor.

“Sexual… what? Just call it my penis.” He laughed at me.

“I would,” I stated turning to look at two sets of eyes peering at me. “But I’m being watched.” I sighed.

“I’m not looking at you.” He called.

“No, but we’re not the only ones here.” I stated as he reentered the room, walking up to me and wrapping his arms around my waist. “See.” I pointed as Jack and Aaron now fully awake.

“It’s cause you said the B word.” My brows narrowed. “Breakfast.” He laughed at me. Groaning my head slammed into his chest.

“What’re we having?” Aaron asked quickly. Shrugging at him I groaned again. “Can we make breakfast?” He asked pointing between himself and a very bouncy Jack who nodded.

“Sure why not.” Pete smiled at him. My fist collided with his chest roughly. “Ow.” He laughed rubbing the spot. “What? I’ll help them.” I hit him again. “I’m not a bad cook.” He gasped. Frowning I hit him again. “Who wants Ihop?” He yelled, arms raised. Jack and Aaron let out happy squeals of delight. “Only problem is, is that Hemmingway can’t come.” He added quickly. The boys looked at each other. They didn’t go anywhere with out Hemmingway, well atleast Jack didn’t. They both shrugged and ran to the small bag of cloths we’d brought them for the single night stay. The good thing about Aaron’s mom compared to Mikey’s mom was she didn’t care if we took him two ours into the city for a night for no reason as long as he came back when we said he’d be back at. “Get dressed then!” He clapped.

“You too.” I laughed at him, seeing on the pajama pants on him.

“Touché.” He laughed walking back to our room to get dressed

“Table for four?” The hostess asked quietly. Pete and I nodded. “You’re kids are adorable.” She smiled at us while grabbing the menus. Pete leaned towards me.

“I get Jack, but how does Aaron look like either one of us?” He whispered out of the corner of his mouth. Shrugging I rolled my eyes. Aaron looked more like he was the four-year-old version of Kyle from Forever the Sickest Kids.

“Not a clue.” I breathed as we followed the hostess smiled back at us while giving up a booth. Jack and Aaron climbed to the inside of the booth seats before Pete and I. “What’d you guys want?” I asked softly as they took their menus from the hostess. Pete nodded at what she said while I was nice enough to ignore her.

“I don’t get the obsession they have.” I mused softly while pushing my pancakes around my plate. Jack and Aaron were devouring their pancakes as if they’re lives depended on it, while still trying to color on their kids menu’s.

“Neither do I. Atleast it’s not like those kids from Red Robin, I can actually eat.” He laughed putting a piece of bacon in his mouth. My eyes darted to the group of old ladies with lavender hair watching up from across the restaurant. Apart of me wanted to stand up and ask them what their problem was, another part of just wanted to blink them out of existence for the time being, but I did neither of them- seeing as one option was impossible and the second would be embarrassing with the paparazzi out side the restaurant windows.

My shirt jerked to the side. Smiling down at Jack I smiled softly until I noticed him wiggling in his seat.

“Oh.” I laughed getting up. “Be back.” I laughed at Pete once Jack took my hand pulling me towards the bathroom. “Slow down buddy.” I laughed as I pushed the women’s door open. He let go of my hand running to the nearest open stall.

Leaning against the wall I tapped my fingers against my elbow as I held them lightly, waiting for him to finish. A smile spread over my lips as the toilet flushed and he walked out of the stall and to the sink making grabby hands at it above his head. Lifting him onto the counter I watched as he washed his hands.

“What happened to your shoe?” I laughed noticing he was missing one. Shrugging he kept washing his hands. “Silly goose.” I stated bending down and looking under the stalls, there on the floor was the lost converse. Clicking my tongue I moved to the stall and picked it up, hurrying back to the sink. “Jack?” I asked looking around quickly. “Jack?” I asked still looking around quickly. Looking under the stalls I rushed from the bathroom. “Pete.” I gasped at him, his eyes darted up. “Did Jack come back to the table?” I asked. Slowly he shook his head. “Oh my good.” I gasped my hand flying over my mouth.

“Why? What’s wrong?” Pete asked quickly. Turning I looked at the hostest by the door.

“Excuse me.” She turned smiling at me brightly, before it faded quickly, a worried look replacing it. “Did you see my son?” I asked quickly. Her brows narrowed. “He either ran off or someone took him.” I whispered to her. Her eyes widened.

“What happened?” She gasped. “Hold on.” She took off to the back as I looked around quickly Pete rushed up, Aaron on his hip.

“What’s going on?” He asked quickly.

“Jack’s gone.” I whispered swallowing the thumb in my throat and blinking the tears back as I looked around for any sign of him. “I went to pick his shoe up,” I paused as my voice cracked and I licked my lips to steady my voice. “Turned around and he wasn’t at the sink washing his hands anymore.” Sniffling I looked around. “And it’s not like him to run off. He waits.” I gasped. Pete nodded passing me Aaron. I almost through Aaron down because I didn’t want Aaron, I wanted Jack. Instead I tucked Aaron into my chest as he watched lightly.

“It’ll be okay.” He whispered up at me in a small voice. Nodding I ran my hand through his hair.

“Pete,” I looked up at Pete walking to the front door. He pushed them open.

“Hey jerks.” He called, the paparazzi rushed him. “Did you see my son in someone else arms?” He asked lightly, all of them stopped and stated. “The little boy that looks like me with green eyes, my son.” He growled at them. Sniffling I pushed away tears as the manager of the store rushed to me with the hostess.

“What happened, we’ve called the police.” He stated. Nodding I sniffled relaying the story and Pete harassed the paparazzi for information. “We’ll find him.” The man muttered as I sat down in the nearest open seat, not letting Aaron go as the tears ran down my face.

“Your jobs are to follow me and keep track of everywhere I go and who’s with me and you can’t even do that right.” Pete barked at the people before huffing back in and wrapping his arms around me. “It’ll be okay. I promise. I’ll be fine.” He whispered to me. Nodding lightly I sniffled my tears back as I hid my face in his shoulder. I’d lost the one thing my sister trust me with the most, the thing that meant more to her than her own life; her son and I couldn’t even keep him safe. “Ella, Ella breath. It’ll be fine. I swear. I swear to god it’ll be fine.” He whispered. The whole place had gone dead silent at what was happening around them

“Ma’am.” I looked up at a police officer walking into the Ihop. “I believe this is yours.” He stated smiling at me, a crying Jack tucked in his arms.

“Oh my god.” I cried passing Aaron to Pete quickly and running over pulling Jack into my arms. “Oh my god.” I whispered holding onto Jack tightly. “Where did you find him?” I whispered up at the office.

“Actually I was on my way over, from the call and passed a blue car with a kid banging on the back window that looked like the description I’d been given. So I pulled them over, he was screaming about wanting his mommy. I asked where she was he said Ihop.” The office muttered with a click of his tongue trying to hide how he found the statement slightly amusing. “You’re lucky, things like that doesn’t happen very often. Someone’s looking out for this little guy.” He added, pointing at Jack. Nodding I kissed his forehead as he smiled up at me sadly, tears running down his tanned cheeks.

“Thank you.” I whispered.

“We have the man who took him in custody. Would you like to see who did it?” He asked softly.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea officer.” Pete muttered softly. “I mean,” He sighed. “I have a bad feeling you’d be taking a body to the morgue instead.” The officer blinked a bit surprised, but it was true. If I went anywhere near the man I’d kill him.

“It’s okay.” I whispered down at Jack as he let out several loud sobs, it was the loudest I’d ever heard him.

“Don’t leave me mommy.” My heart stopped, as my throat tightened.

“I’m not going anywhere.” I cried, hiding my face in his neck. His first words in months.

“Don’t go.” He cried.

“I’m not. I’m right here.” I whispered to him. He smiled at me.

“You promise you won’t leave?” He whispered softly.

“Never.” I whispered back smiling at him. He smiled and looked at Pete making a grabby hand for him.

“Daddy.” He cried, tears still streaming down his face. Pete leaned down kissing the side of his head.

“Hey, don’t ever scare us like that again. Okay?” Pete whispered softly. Jack nodded with a soft Okay back at him. “Let’s go home.” Pete stated. Nodding I let him walk me out to the car, I didn’t let Jack go for a second as I sat in the back seat hugging him and Aaron the whole way back to the apartment for our things and then to Pete’s house. I never once let go of either of the boys.

Getting out of the car, Aaron ran to his mother gardening. I watched as her eyes widened and his mouth and hands kept moving. She looked over at me and stood up.

“Can I go play?” Jack asked. He’d stopped crying on the way to the apartment, the event forgotten in his four-year-old mind. I hadn’t though. Setting him down, I nodded slowly. Smiling he ran across the street tackling Aaron into his mothers daisy’s. I watched as she screamed for them to get out of the flower bed. They didn’t listen and it didn’t help the second Hemmingway was out of the car he bounded across the street to play to.

“Don’t worry.” Pete whispered, his arms winding around my waist, his chest pressing to my back as his lips pressed to the side of my neck lightly. “He’ll be fine. I mean… anyone willing to take on Mrs. Dobsen is a fucking storm trooper. She may be small but she’s a nail stylist and waxier. Try and take her son or his friend and they’d have her going at them with thing of wax, a pair of tweezers and a million sharpened nail files.” He gasped dramatically. “They wouldn’t survive.” He stated seriously. It was almost funny…almost.

“I know but… It was only two and a half hours ago.” I whispered, my eyes following Jacks every moved and he laughed and yelled at Aaron and Hemmingway while chasing running from Hemmingway

“You know if you moved in, Mrs. Dobsen could watch Jack during the day and he’d have a friend to play with and I bet Mikey’s bitch mother would let him come over more since we’re in a decent neighborhood.” He whispered. Spinning I looked up at Pete with wide eyes.

“You…” Licking my lips I blinked. This was too much for one day. “You want me to move in with you?” I whispered. He nodded.

“Well, you practically live with me anyway, why not make it all the time and permanent. I like the idea of waking up next to you in the morning. That” he raised a finger tapping it on the end of my nose. “You wouldn’t have to wake up at oh-dot-dark to get over here. You could sleep in.” He smiled at me. My mouth flopped open like a fish. I’d never actually been asked to move in with someone before. Swallowing I nodded slowly.

Pete pressed his lips to mine.

“I hope I’m not interrupting.” Pulling away I looked at Mrs. Dobsen. Smiling at her softly I shook my head.

“I’ll get the bags.” Pete laughed walking to the car.

“Hi Peggy.” I whispered up at Mrs. Dobsen. She held her arms out.

“Aaron told me, do you need a hug?” She asked. Shaking my head I laughed.

“I’m fine. He’s back. If he wasn’t I’d be crying in your chest.” I tried to laugh at the words, but it didn’t work in my favor.

“Tell me what happened. I can’t believe everything a four-old-says. Things get lost in translation.” She laughed. “Let’s go sit on the porch, watch the boys rough house, drink some extra strong coffee, and talk about.” She laughed at me, there was almost a command hidden under her words.

“I’d like that.” I smiled crossing the street with her. Jack ran around my legs laughing up at me.

“Mommy look!” He gasped making a face at me. He was the little boy I remember from his fourth birthday party again.

“Aw.” Reaching down I pitched his cheeks and listened to him whine about it.

“Stop it!” He gasped running off and hiding behind Aaron the second I let go. “That’s too much love.” He whined.

“Oh shush.” I laughed sitting on the wooden deck chair. “Go play.” I smiled at him. They were hard words to utter at the moment, but I had to make sure he knew everything would be okay. “Actually come here for second.” I stated. Huffing he walked over, arms at his side, head down, cheeks inflated, bottom lip jutted out. “How would you like to live across the street?” I asked softly. His head lifted to and his brows narrowed confused while his bottom lip pulled in and his cheeks deflated.

“Can we?” he asked softly.

“Well, I was thinking we could move in with Daddy.” I whispered softly. My brows narrowed at the words coming out of my mouth. Calling Pete daddy was not only weird, but slightly creepy.

“Really?” He gasped, eyes lighting up with happiness. Nodding I smiled at him pushing the thought of calling Pete daddy aside. “Yeah!” He gasped throwing his arms up. Laughing I ruffled his hair.

“Okay go play.” He took up running yelling for Aaron to tell him the good new.

“You and Pete aren’t together are you?” Peggy asked softly, setting a cup of coffee in my hands gently.

“We are, we’re just dating.” I whispered. Her brows narrowed. “Jack’s not either one of ours. He was my sister.” I whispered nodding. Her brows narrowed with sympathy. “She left Jack to me when she died a couple months ago.” I explained.

“Oh I’m sorry.” Shaking my head I laughed.

“It’s fine, really.” I smiled at her. She swatted at my arm.

“Alright talk, I wanna know about the big blue monster that takes Jack away.” She sighed. Turning I looked at her like she had sick heads. “Hey that’s what the little monster told me.” She stated. I could help but laugh before I told her what actually happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
So that's the end of the story. Hope you liked it.
It's finally done.
I'm think sequel, but not for a while cause I've got one to many stories to deal with as it already.
But there will most than likely be a one. I don't... may need some motivation. XD
Hope you enjoyed the story.
Thank you to everyone who commented and subscribed.
It meant / means alot to me.
-TheRightOut <3