Suspicious Minds

Chapter four: sparing and a day with leo

Mariana’s POV

my alarm went off at four thirty and i got up and changed into a sports bra and fresh underwear before changing into athletic shorts and a tank-top before slipping on my nikes before i grabbed my phone and purse before walking out to my car after locking my door i had gpsed his address that he gave me last night. i pulled up to the huge gate and he had security everywhere more than the damn courthouse or a fucking airport

“officer Mariana Cortez here to see Mr Messi” i said into the speaker

“go on through Mr. Messi’s waiting for you” the person said i rolled my eyes i really should have made a starbucks stop but i wonder if Lionel makes or has better coffee than starbucks. i parked my car carefully next to the fancy sports cars and getting out. i walked up to the door and knocked where some answered the door and showed me to the gym.

“you better have good coffee after this Lionel Messi or i swear to god i will put a bullet in your ass” i said once i saw him standing there.

“you don’t have to worry Officer Cortez” he said making my heartbeat speed up and my mind go blank. damn it he’s seriously making me fall for him more and more i seriously can’t be falling for this mobster whose killed people.

“are you ready Mariana” he asked and i just nodded not sure what he was going to do i got on the mat he had laid down and stood in front of him.

“i’m going to do a lot of moves to see your defense skills and then we will spare” he said i just nodded my head and waited when he made a move i reacted with various defenses i knew.

“damn your good ok lets spare” he said getting ready to spare with me i took the first move well because he wouldn’t have and two because something made me take the first move which he defelected easily but i came back and did the same which lasted about thirty minutes before he pinned me teasing me.

“what the hell” i said

“all is fair in love and war nena” he said just being in this position makes me want to kiss him and have sex with him but i could live with a kiss. i could feel his breath on my face minty fresh. i needed away out of this.

“your beautiful gorgeous” he said as he leaned down a little more making my breath hitch as his lips met mine I kissed back my heart beating fast I took this as a way to get out from under him. wrapping a leg around his waist placing my arms on his shoulders I pushed up and rolled pulling away from this kiss and holding him down effectively.

“damn chica you are strong” he said and I smirked climbing off of him and walking to my water bottle and taking a sip. I knew he was watching me and I didn’t care. I had been thinking a lot about the investigation and I have no choice but to go undercover if I want to stop another murder and to solve my parents murder I have no choice but to go under cover.

“here why dont you shower and change and we can go to brunch since its noon.” he said

“ok but i dont have any clothes here” i said

“thats ok i sent Gerard to get you some clothes they are in the master bath” he said showing me the master bedroom and then left me to shower. i saw a bag of brand new jeans and an hakuna matata crop top with some black lace underwear i turned on the warm shower and found a towel. i jumped in and cleaned all the sweat off of me and finished up. i changed into the clothes he had one of his men get me. they fit perfectly how i dont know but its what ever.

“mari i want to take you to lunch i have to talk to you” he said coming in half dressed shirtless and damn he looked good, i looked in the mirror and dried my hair with the towel. i threw it up in a messy bun. before i slipped on my Nikes and went to the kitchen to take a phone call from my aunt.

“mariana how are you” my tia asked

“i’m well” i told her

“good if you can could you come to dinner tonight” she asked

“yeah i can six” i said

“yes” she said and hung up that was suspicious but i didn’t need to know why.

“mariana are you ready” Lionel asked

“yes” i said following him out the door. still ploting my under cover work so the man sitting next to me wouldn’t find out i had gotten as far as the name and hair dye. we arrived at another one of his restaurants and went inside. after having lunch we sat there waiting for our desert.

“mariana i have business in america to take care of i leave tomorrow and i’ll be gone about a week” he said

“ok i’m not a child i’m a cop i can take care of myself” i said

“i know you can but i am asking that you back off the investigation just until i get back you have no idea how dangerous this investigation your doing is Mariana i can’t protect you when im not in Barcelona.” he said

“i dont need your protection Mr. Messi i am quit cabable of taking care of myself” i said getting up and walking out to catch a taxi he can send my car back to me but for now i am going to continue this investigation.