Status: Inactive, being re-written.

Something's Gotta Give - Original Verison

Make-Ups and Flirting

Skye's Point of View

I woke up the next morning and checked my phone. It was almost nine thirty. I heard giggling in the living room and went out. I saw Alex and Elizabeth playing with Barbie dolls. I quietly left the room and took a quick shower. I got dressed and put my hair up in a messy bun and headed out to the kitchen. I poured myself a cup of coffee and I sat down at the table and closed my eyes for a few. Last night wasn't the best and I wasn't sure if Alex was up to talking about it or not. I would need at least two or three cups of coffee if that was going to happen. There was a knock on the door and I went around the corner to see who it was. Alex opened the door and we all saw Jack standing there. He looked like he hadn't gotten any sleep at all.

"Uncle Jack!" Elizabeth exclaimed.

"Hey you," Jack smiled back at her.

Alex started to head to his bedroom but I stopped him.

"Talk to him," I told him.

"I’ve got nothing to say to him," Alex said, shaking his head.

I sighed and said, "Look, Jack came over here to probably apologize to you and you're going to be a baby and run to your room?"

"Fine, whatever, I’ll talk to him," he finally agreed.

Alex turned around and whispered something in Elizabeth's ear. She smiled from ear to ear and nodded at Alex. She walked over to me.

"Uncle Alex said he would take me us all out for ice cream after he is done talking to Uncle Jack," she told me.

I looked at Alex and rolled my eyes.

"Of course he did. Let's go get you ready," I said.

We went into the bathroom and I got the bath water ready for Elizabeth. I added in some bubble mix. Elizabeth got undressed and then got in. I turned the water off and sat on the toilet.

"Mama, why is Uncle Alex mad at Uncle Jack?" she asked me.

"They got into a little fight last night, that's all," I said.

"But they’re best friends. They can't be upset with each other," she frowned.

"Well, sometimes things happens. I'm sure everything will be okay after they talk," I assured her.

"If you say so, Mommy.”

I nodded and let her do her thing in the bathtub until she was ready to get out. I grabbed her some clothes and helped her get dressed and brushed her hair out. I couldn't help but notice how much she looked like Kellin. It was like she was his Mini-Me. I felt my heart drop. I got lost in my thoughts and was pulled out of them when Elizabeth started tugging on my arm.

"Mama? You okay?" she asked.

"I'm fine. Let's go see if Uncle Alex is ready yet," I said.

Elizabeth nodded and headed down the hallway. The closer we got to the living room, I could hear distant laughing. Well, that seemed like a good sign. Elizabeth and I walked into the living room and both of the guys looked at us.

"Ready to go?" Alex asked.

Elizabeth nodded and went to put her shoes on. Everyone was basically ready to go when I remembered something.

"You guys go ahead, I forgot my phone in my room. I'll catch up," I said.

Alex nodded and headed outside with Elizabeth. I walked back to my room and grabbed my phone. I turned around to see Jack standing at the door.

"Jesus, Jack, way to scare the shit out of me," I sort of laughed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to," he apologized.

"Everything cool between you and Alex?" I asked him.

"Yeah, things are fine. I still don't know why he got so pissed about it. He and Jade dated for the longest time. I don't see what the problem is about us hooking up that one time," he shrugged.

"Yeah, who knows? It only happened once. Not like it'd happen again, right?" I said.

"Who knows? Maybe," Jack said with a smirk.

Before I could ask what he meant he was already gone. Did Jack just try to hit on me? I walked out of the house and saw them all waiting on me. Alex looked at me with a questioning expression.

"You okay?" he asked me.

"I'm fine. Let's go get that ice cream you promised Elizabeth," I said.

We all got into Alex's car and started to drive to the ice cream shop. I texted Jade saying we needed to talk later. The only other person who knew Jack better than Alex would be Jade. Maybe she could help me out.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry about the lack of updates! Writer's block is a bitch. Hope everyone had a great holiday!