Untitled

Steve Rogers - Firecracker

She’s A Barton
Request for Aurora Shannon
A/N: Took forever to come up with a plot but I finally did. You have a temper in this. I kinda based you off of me.

One thing that could be said about you was that you were a firecracker. You were very emotional, and each emotion ran a very strong course. At your happiest, you’d bake cookies and hum your favorite song, and at your angriest, you’d scream curses and throw lamps. Your emotions were like a roller coaster.
Nick Fury had found this rather useful against enemies. You could throw them off the scent with your sunshine-y good moods, lead them to believe you completely useless with your depressed sobbing, or scare the living crap out of the toughest henchmen with your rage.
Thus, you were recruited. Having no family and no direction in life, you agreed, and began living at Avengers Tower with the crew. You’d all gotten on well enough, and they’d all learned of your roller coaster tendencies the hard way. Not by any fault of theirs or your own – they’d simply been in the wrong place at the wrong time, and had seen your non-happy phases. They’d all responded differently – Natasha had raised a brow at your body-wracking sobs before simply walking away, Clint barely had time to duck when you hurled a lamp in his direction, Tony had panicked and bolted as tears streamed down your face, Thor had questioned your anger when he heard you swearing at every inanimate object in sight, Bruce had run a comforting hand across your shoulders while you held your head in your hands, and Steve had pulled you into his arms, ignoring your attempts to hit him or pull away.
You supposed that each of their interactions summed up your relationship with them. You and Natasha, though being the only girls on the team, didn’t do much bonding. Clint feared your outbursts. Tony had no idea how to handle a crying woman, and you consistently turned him down. Thor was ever curious and inquisitive, but not pushy. Bruce was soft and friendly, but not forward. And Steve was your best friend, always there for you even at your worst.
Once in a while, in your downtime, when there were no missions to run and no city to save from destruction, when you got to sit in your room and having some you-time, you liked to think about the future. Getting married, starting a family, perhaps leaving this chaotic mess you called a job. It wasn’t the ideal job to have when carrying a baby in your belly, now, was it?
Of course, you kind of had to have a man to start a family. Preferably a man you were in a relationship with. And you’d had your eye on one man in particular.
Steve Rogers. Your boyfriend of almost one year, and your best friend to boot.
He was always there when your mood swings took a turn for the worst. He comforted you when something depressed you, and he calmed down your raging anger. He was always there, whether it be with tissues and chocolate or a safe distance and a hug.

It was during one of your swings that your relationship took another step.
You were in an unidentifiable fit, having spent too much time thinking about your mood swings. You began worrying about your relationships with the team, and whether or not they truly loved you or were just careful to avoid your downward spirals.
A tear escaped your eye as you sat on your bed, reading a book in an attempt to clear your mind. How could you raise or even start a family with mood swings like this? One mishap and you’d be screaming at your kids. You couldn’t have that. And Steve… Oh, Steve. He was so innocent and sweet, always there to comfort you when you needed it. He’d be a wonderful father, but you couldn’t let him do all the work while you blew a fuse. How could you have a family with him?
A knock on your door caught your attention, and you rubbed the back of your hand across your eyes to remove any trace of tears. You set your book aside and stood, moving towards the door. You opened it just a crack, poking your head out to see your visitor. It was none other than Steve.
“What are you doing here?” you inquired with a sniffle.
“You weren’t answering your phone,” Steve reasoned, brows furrowing together at the sight of your teary cheeks. “What’s wrong?”
You shook your head. “It’s nothing. Just a swing.”
He gently pushed the door open, causing you to step aside. “Let me help.”
You couldn’t say no to him, and you closed the door behind him as he sat on the edge of your bed. You soon joined him, reclaiming your place by your pillows. You crossed your legs to sit more comfortably, looking at your boyfriend.
“Was there a cause?” he inquired. He knew that different things could set you off; or even nothing at all.
“Just too much thinking,” you answered softly. You hated when you didn’t have a real reason.
He scooted closer to you, taking your hands in his. “What about?”
You shook your head again. “Nothing.”
He pressed a kiss to your lips, pulling back just a few centimeters. “Please.”
You sighed. You never could say ‘no’ to him. You looked at your lap, embarrassed. “I was just thinking about my swings and wondering if I’d ever be able to have a family.”
“Why wouldn’t you be able to have a family?” he questioned, still holding your hands.
“Because the smallest thing could set me off and I’d start screaming at them,” you replied. “I’d be an awful mother.”
He kissed you again, resting his forehead on yours. “You’d be a wonderful mother.”
You opened your mouth to argue, only for him to kiss you silent again.
“Listen to me. You’d make a wonderful mother, (y/n). Yes, you have mood swings, but you have happy swings too. You’re a wonderful person. Any child you have- no, any child we have will be exceptionally loved. And if you need to take a break and cry or slam the doors, I’ll be there to help you and our kids through it.”
Your mouth opened slightly as you looked at the sincerity in your boyfriend’s eyes. “Our kids?”
He smiled and nodded. “Our kids. I look forward to starting a family with you.”
A tear slipped down your cheek, which he wiped away with his thumb. He pecked your lips again, lingering for a moment. “I love you, (y/n).”
“I love you too, Steve.”