Photographs

S I X.

“Sarah?” I heard a male voice to the left of me, I turned my gaze slowly and saw the Johnny kid from the bus. I stood up and smiled at him I looked at him nodding.

“Yeah it’s me, Hi Johnny.” I said in a small voice barely above a whisper. I squeaked when the boy hugged me tightly I hugged him lightly barely patting his back. I looked at him as he looked at me.

“You’re in Huntington! How’d you get here? Why didn’t you look me up?” He said to me excitedly. I shrugged my shoulders lightly.

“I got a little distracted by family stuff.” I said trying not to sound as sad as I was. I saw his expression change from that of excitement to that of concern or worry. I took my seat back in the sand and looked over as he sat next to me.

“Talk to me, I mean…if you want.” He said looking at me he continued to babble on. “I’m a good listener, or so I’ve been told.”

I held my hand up and looked at him. “Alright, I’ll tell you but... don’t get all sad on me I don’t need that okay?” I watched him nod his head I sighed inhaling deeply as I looked at him the sadness showing through my blue eyes.

“I was in Riverside and got a ride up here from one of my mother’s high school friends that I just so happened to run into.” I started and sighed. “I stayed the night with her family the first night being here, then in the morning she brought me up here to a house on Stagecoach.” I told him and rubbed my arm lightly.

“And?” He questioned as I got silent.

“It’s my grandpa’s house and my mother’s last residence.” I said and before I could finish he smiled at me and beamed.

“That’s great! I’m so Hap-“I covered his mouth with my hand looking at him with a slight shake of my head.

“My mother passed away a few months ago from cancer. She regretted putting me up for adoption.” I started and rubbed my neck gently. “The orphanage told my mother that I had been adopted and she stopped fighting the cancer and practically gave up.”

I looked at him as I removed my hand his smile was gone and I thought he was for sure going to cry. I tucked my head on my knees staring at the water. “Did your cousin come through on the whole, band roadie thing?” I asked looking at him.

“Yeah, he uh...yeah he did.” He said I could tell he was trying to make some small talk so he wouldn’t mention my mother or my family life. I smiled at him and nudged his side gently looking at him.

“Don’t worry about it Johnny, it’s okay I’ve come to grips with the hand I’ve been dealt and I’m trying to find my father still, so I have hope.” I said smiling widely at him.

“Yeah I just, don’t know how to comfort you and that upsets me.” HE said to me I looked at him strangely. Comfort? Why would I need him to comfort me?

“So about this band… why type of music is it?” I asked him looking at him as I dug my toes into the sand playing slightly.

“Oh, it’s like metal I think or hard rock I’m not sure their genre changes with every album they release.” He said smiling, “Its Avenged Sevenfold, my cousin Brian is the guitar player.” He said happily.

“Avenged Sevenfold? Sounds like a bad Christian rock band.” I said looking at him. “Wait, they aren’t Christian rock are they?”

He threw his head back to laugh at my words. “God no, we’re having a party tomorrow on the beach at the lead singers house, how about you come with me…I’ll come pick you up and we can go together?”

“Sounds like you’re asking me on a date Johnny.” I joked lightly but wasn’t expecting his response.

“I am, sort of I mean it won’t be a first date but it can count as a date.” He said to me I looked at him realizing what he’d said to me I blushed deeply and looked down at my feet in the sand trying not to smile.

“Alright, a date it is…but not a first date it’s a pre-first date.” I said to him and got a laugh out of the boy I looked over at him.

His smile was wide on his lips at my words. I don’t think I understood the meaning of the words why they had so much control on one’s emotions. I smiled back at him, it was infectious his handsome smile.

“Johnny! Let’s go! Stop chatting up the ladies and come on we got to set up for the party!” I saw a raven haired man standing a little ways away from us on the beach I looked at Johnny and smiled at him.

“I’ll see you later at say 5.” He said and waved as he ran off to meet up with the raven haired man.

I waited until he was gone to hide my face. I let a little noise out and then looked over when a woman’s voice speaking to me.

“You okay?” I looked at the girl she looked about my age maybe older.

“Oh, yeah I’m fine just happy.” I said giving the woman a smile I stood up and brushed the sand off my pants I walked off back towards my grandpa’s house the time was about 2:30 I had to get ready for me Pre-Date, date.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next update is up. Pre-Date? Does that even count haha!

Thank you for the comments:
Caleb Rivers;
sissylala
kaylynnjaeannxox
InMyOwnWorld
starkidfankid04
Yaribarr
Synful_Shadows
AJ9