Photographs

S E V E N.

As I got myself ready for this “pre-date” I couldn’t help but look through my mother’s things for anything of hers I could take with me. I opened a small box that was at the bottom of the journal box I gasped and smiled when I pulled out the prettiest white gold locket. I held it up and opened it tears filled my eyes when I saw a picture of my dad and a picture of me from the hospital. I locked it around my neck and touched it lightly.

“Your mom would love that you found that.” My grandpa said from behind me my blue orbs that were now full of tears looked at him through the mirror I spun around and looked at him. “It means a lot to go through her things and find stuff to let me know who she was and what I missed out on.”

“I know it does baby, I’m glad you’re adjusting well,” He said to me then noticed my light makeup and the fact I was wearing different clothing. “Going out tonight?” He asked with a questioning expression on his face I bit my lip and my eyes darted down. Crap I forgot to ask him if it was okay.

“Oh uh, well the guy I met on the bus remember I told you about the mouthy guy?” I asked then paused wondering if it was him who I told or Angie’s husband. “Anyways, I saw him again at the beach and he wants me to come over to a party he’s having with his cousins. Can I go?”

“You’re 18, I can’t exactly stop you. Thank you for asking though, be careful please.” He said looking at me concerned. “I don’t want anything to happen to you Sarah, I just got you in my life and I want to keep you here for a while.”

I smiled at him and hugged him, “I’ll be in your life until I die.” I said to him and nodded my head. I saw him laugh loudly.

“There’s no way I’ll out live you,” He said to me. I looked at him seriously.

“You don’t know that.”

I heard a horn before he could say anything I kissed his cheek and walked outside I saw the nice car and walked towards it seeing Johnny behind the wheel. “Nice car...”

“I borrowed it from my cousin’s friend.” He said once I was in the car with him I smiled widely putting my seatbelt on.

“I’m a little nervous, to meet your friends. Are you sure I’m allowed to come?” I asked looking at him as he started driving us towards the party.

“Of course you’re allowed to come, you’re my date.” He said smiling widely at me I looked down at my lap and looked up once I saw this really nice beach house. It looked like a mansion to me as I’d never been to a place this nice before. I slowly got out of the car and walked towards the door with Johnny.

I inhaled deeply hiding my terrible nerves as we walked in I saw a few groups of people in the house and a big group outside. There were five girls hanging out in the kitchen, two blonde girls, a redhead and a girl with dark hair.

“Sarah, this is Val, Michelle, Lacey and Lena. Gena is outside with the guys.” He said; I shyly waved at the girls and got one wave back from Michelle. I blinked and walked with Johnny outside I stayed close to his side as I was never good at large crowds my anxiety would always get the best of me but I wanted to be here and be around Johnny.

“This is my cousin Brian,” He said pointing the Raven haired man out from the beach, I smiled at him and waved. I frowned as his face got white and he looked like he was going to throw up. I moved back some and whispered to Johnny, “I don’t think any of your friends and cousins like me.” I said sadly.

I watched as Brian practically trampled through people to get away from me. I sighed gently as the next three guys I was introduced to did the same thing, I looked at myself in a reflective surface. Did I look bad? Did I smell bad?

“That’s strange, Guys come on be nice!” He said to them and introduced me to the twin brothers Jason and Matt.

I looked around as I stayed super close to Johnny. All these people were having fun and just being normal people. Then there was me, over dressed and staying quiet and by a guy I barely knew.

“No fucking way, No fucking way! NO.” I heard a loud voice to the back of the party I glanced in that direction not able to see where the voice was coming from.

“Don’t fuck with me!” I heard it again getting closer to me; I looked over at Johnny with a questioning look on my face.

“That’s not fucking funny Brian. Where are you dragging me!?” I glanced up and caught eyes with a tall man. I saw his jaw drop and tears instantly come to his eyes as he almost collapsed. The guy who was rude earlier held his friend up as the man just stared at me. I saw something familiar in him.

The man was crying as he looked at me I felt a bit awkward I backed up some and kind of hid behind Johnny.

“Just look at her man, doesn’t she look just like her? Just ask.” Brian said to his friend bracing him up.

The crying man just looked at me. I don’t think he could get any words out I looked at him frowning.

“Is he okay?” I finally spoke quietly to Johnny.

“I’m not sure actually.” Johnny said looking at the man. “Jimmy you okay man?”

My heart stopped when Johnny said his name. Jimmy? As in my father Jimmy? The man I’d traveled so far to meet. I looked up at him and stared at his eyes I pulled the locket out from under my shirt and looked up at him.

“Holy crap,” He finally spoke and stood up he stepped closer to me. The tears were just falling down his face as he kneeled down really close to my face.

“Sarah?” He asked through his tears. I looked at him speechless I was unable to move or speak. I was truly petrified. My father was looking into my eyes and my voice was just gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god, I cried writing this chapter.

Thank you so much for the comments:
Caleb Rivers;
sissylala
kaylynnjaeannxox
InMyOwnWorld
starkidfankid04
Yaribarr
Synful_Shadows
AJ9
secrets-that-die
zackyeffingvengeance
Juice Ortiz;
NeverWakeMeUp