Status: Active

Then I Found You

Chapter 2

Marissa and I have known each other for 10 years , and I still haven’t told her what I do for a living knowing she might just leave me.

I cannot lose this girl. I can’t , and I get why the guys and Kelsey are pressuring me to tell her but I can’t.

I know if she finds out , she’d be gone just like that and that’s something I can’t live with.

Marissa Sawyer has been my rock for the majority of my life , I’d rather die than live without her.

“You need to tell her Matt , I’m going crazy lying to her” I was cornered yet again by a furious Kelsey.

Of course she wants me to tell Marissa. She hates to lie to her , she doesn’t get it when I say I’m protecting her. Then again nobody does.

“Why? Has she said something?”

“No” she sigh , “but I know my best friend. She’s suspecting something – has been for years.”

We’ve been dating for 4 years now , I finally got my chance with her exactly 4 years ago. Our anniversary is tomorrow.

It’s still amazing how she can love someone like me. It’s amazing how she can look at me , kiss me , tell me that she loves me , tells me that I’m the only one for her.

It’s amazing that Marissa Sawyer is mine.

“I’m not telling her. I can’t. I’ll lose her”

“Someday she will find out Matt” she whispered , “and then you will lose her.”

“So what’s the point in telling her then?”

“If you tell her now , your chances to get her to forgive you is bigger”