Status: Active

Then I Found You

Chapter 3

“Shads , we have a problem. A big problem”

I furrowed my eyebrows when Zacky told Matt that. I don’t think he realized I was on the phone with Matt.

Matt stayed silent for a little while and then I heard Zacky saying sorry before walking away.
“Ah shit baby , I need to go”

“Alright , everything okay? He sounded urgent”

“I’m sure it’s fine. I mean what big problems can a clothing line manager now really have?
I laughed and agreed with him. I told him I’d talk to him later before hanging up the phone.

Sitting down my phone , I continued washing the many dirty dishes instantly regretting the choice I made to not buy a dishwasher.

***
“Shit sorry man. I didn’t realize you were talking to Maris”

“It’s fine” I said , “she didn’t question me.”

“Okay good.”

“So what’s the big problem?” I questioned as I sat down on a chair.

“One of our shipments didn’t come through. Don’t know where it is”

“How can a shipment full heavy artery just disappear?”

“I wish I knew Matt but it’s bad and Russia will have our heads if we don’t get it”

“I know” I pinched the bridge of my nose.

“Okay here’s what we’re going to do. We’re gonna get Brian and the guys back here and then we’re gonna sniff until we get answers”

“Okay.” he said softly blowing out the breath he was holding in.

“I need to call Maris. I need to cancel our date”

“You really think we’ll work that long Shads?”

“Yeah. I think we do. God she’s gonna be angry. It’s our anniversary tonight”

“Don’t cancel Matt. If it’s time for the date , go. We’ll handle it”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m positive. Enjoy the night with her , she deserves it.”

“Yeah she does” I nodded and then went to my office to start this case.

It was nearing 9PM and I had exactly half an hour left before my date with Marissa. I quickly went up to shower and dress and then grabbed my keys before leaving.

I was running a little late but I knew she wouldn’t be mad. According to her I have a tendency to be late for things.

Well she had a tendency to lose things.

She sat outside her apartment with a smug grin on her face.

“I know , I know. I’m sorry I’m late”

“Hmm , and what’s the excuse this time?”

“Work” I answered with a cheesy look on my face. “Sorry baby”

“Yeah you’re lucky I’m not the type of girl that gets mad when you’re late. You have it easy Sanders”

“I know I do. I’m the luckiest son of a bitch in this world.”

“Good answer.” she grinned. “So where are you taking me?”

“It’s a surprise” I mumbled kissing the corner of her mouth while driving.

“You know , I thought after 4 years you’d realize I hate surprises”

“Babe I’ve known you hated surprises since the day I met you in High School 10 years ago but I still love surprising you.”

She grinned , “Love you Sanders”

“Love you too” I said before another car’s headlights shone in my line of sight and Marissa’s screaming next to me.