Status: Active

Then I Found You

Chapter 6

“M..Matt”

My head shot up and I scrambled to my feet. I walked as fast as I could to the other side of the hospital bed when I heard her voice.

Her beautiful , angelic voice.

“Hey beautiful. You’re awake” I whispered as I stood close to her with my hand holding her petite ones.

“Hmm” she groaned a little as she moved to be more comfortable. I scowled when her face twisted up in pain.

“Don’t hurt yourself!” I scolded and rolled my eyes with a smirk as she giggles.

“You look like crap” she whispered as she rubbed her hand over the blackened circles under my eyes.

“I know. I haven’t slept. I couldn’t.”

“You’re stubborn.” She whispered , “I love that about you.”

“The doctor didn’t. He wanted to force me out of the room but one of the nurses told him to leave me alone.”

She giggled , “always causing problems” she teased and kissed my cheek when I feigned a heart-breaking look on my face.

“I need to go get the doctor.” I said softly and kissed her lips when she nodded.

“bring the guys in , I wanna see them”

I chuckled , “not even awake for ten minutes and you’re already handing out orders”

I smiled when she laughed , and walked out of the room. The guys sat with expectant looks on their faces when I walked towards them.

“Is she awake?”

“Yeah , she ordered me to come get you so get your asses to her room.”

They all cheered and pushed past me but Brian lingered behind.

“Have you told her?”

I sighed , “not yet.”

“So you’re really going to?”

I nodded , “I have to. I can’t live a lie anymore. I need her to know.”

He patted me on the shoulder , “what if she leaves?”

With confidence , I looked at him and said “then I will do everything in my power to get her back.”