Untitled

Five

As they stepped into the elevator Sidney looked down at Madison who was floating on a cloud, he smiled. Once they got to the suite she took Sidney's hand. He opened the door and everyone cheered. Both Madison and Sidney smiled as Mario walked up with a cake that said congrats Sidney and Madison

"Sid" she said looking up at him

"I didn't do this" he said looking at the congratulations balloons and back down to the cake

"We did it" Mario said with a smile, they made their way around the group saying hi to those they might have missed. Sidney's best friend from high school Jack Johnson was also there, he played for the Columbus blue jackets and him and Sidney had been friends through everything, and Sidney had been jack's biggest support when Jack's parents made him file for bankruptcy.

"Alright everyone take a seat. Sidney and Maddy you 2 are up here" Nathalie yelled, everyone began to sit down.

Once everyone was seated plates where passed out. Chicken, steak, potatoes, green beans and a salad. Madison looked around and sighed happily. If this was just her engagement she couldn't imagine her bridal shower, her rehearsal dinner or the wedding itself. Sidney gently rubbed his hand up and down her knee, she looked at him and smiled. She felt like she was in a fairytale. Mario stood up and tapped his glass, everyone turned and looked at him.

"I just have a few words to say" he said, Madison smiled and Sidney placed his arm around her chair "Maddy I have never seen you this happy before, since meeting Sidney you have been on a cloud. When you told me you thought he was cute and he had asked you on a date I was hesitant, I knew he was a good guy but he lived with us, he was a few years older, and you were my baby girl. When I saw you together before your first date I knew that was it you would be together forever, and I didn't know why I didn't notice it before. I am so happy for you both, Sidney I couldn't ask for a better son in law. So congratulations and welcome to the family, officially" he said. Everyone clapped and Madison stood to hug him, she hugged him tightly and wiped away the tears "I love you baby girl"

"I love you too daddy"

"You take care of her son" mario said shaking his hand, Sidney smiled and looked over at her

"Forever" he said Trina stood up

"Sidney I am so incredibly proud of you, everything you have accomplished in life, your success, but finding true happiness over tops all of that, this is your bigger accomplishment yet. Maddy we have loved you since day one and we are so honored that you will take our sons last name, and one day give us grand babies to spoil. Congratulations to both of you and we love you" Trina said, Madison smiled and looked up at Sidney.

After several more people made a toast, and plates where cleared from dinner, cake was served. Sidney looked at Nathalie and she smiled.

"Don't worry you can eat it" she said, he chuckled and took a bite. He was never into sweets and if he did have some kind of sweets it had to be made just right, especially during the season. After cake they parted and began to talk with friends.

"Tired?" he asked walking up as Madison muffled a yawn, she nodded and looked at her watch. It was 10:27. They had officially be engaged for a little over 3 hours. "Let's get you home" he said rubbing her arm, she nodded.

Several of the couples had already left to go pick up their children so Sidney knew it would be easy to sneak out. Sure enough once Madison stood up they realized they where ready to go. She hugged her family and told them she would see them tomorrow before going to Sidney's family and telling them the same

"You sure you don't want to stay with us?" She asked Chelsea, Chelsea grinned.

"Not tonight" she said with a wink, Madison chuckled and nodded

"Fair enough"

"I will see you tomorrow though, get some sleep"

"I will, thank you so much for being here"

"I wouldn't have missed this for anything" she said Madison smiled and turned to Vero

"See you tomorrow" Vero said hugging her

"Thank you for everything" she said Vero smiled

"We love you both so much" she said hugging Sidney, Madison hugged Marc and waved before taking Sidney's hand and walking out. In his other hands where a few gifts for the couple from the penguins organization.

Once situated in car Madison kicked her heels off and got comfortable. Sidney placed his hand on her thigh, she wrapped her arms around his arm and smiled, he looked over and smiled before leaning in to kiss her one last time before driving home.