Status: FINISHED.

If I Lose.

Twenty.

"Are you out of your mind!?" Steve stormed around the table with his hands flailing around, he was pissed, royaly pissed at me. I didn't respond to him, just kept my head low and was thankful that it was only him and I in thks part of the base.

He looked back to the screen at his friend, a sigh escaping his lips as he placed his hands flat on the glass table. Just staring at the screen. "He could have killed you Amy, then what?" I refused to look at him as he pulled the chair away and sat next to me, his hand rested on the table as he stared me down. I didnt need to look at him to know what he was doing.

"How is that of all people, you find him. I've been searching for months and not one single trace." He sounded confused and I looked up at him "But you just put something in your phone and ding you got him."

I gave him a small tug of a smile, "Because your still somewhat living in the fourties Steve." He let off a soft chuckle before looking back at the screen.

"Its probably cleared out by now." I watched as he stood and turned the screen off. Leaning back in the chair I stared at the ceiling and soon closed my eyes.

I stood in the field, alone. The trees swayed with breeze that slightly moved my hair, it felt nice. I took a step forward and looked around, waiting for something to happen, but nothing did and I kept walking. It wasn't long before I stopped when I heard laughter, a childs laughter.

I watched the little boy run and play in the flowers, he was so happy and care free. Once his eyes landed on me a smile spread across his face and he ran into my arms, I watched him. He was a little Steve.

"Mom..." He spoke softly and I tilted my head to the side, "Why did you let that happen?" My eyes narrowed and I turned my head to see Steve and Bucky standing side by side, Steve was in his uniform and Bucky was in normal attire. I looked down at the boy who was now crying, "why didn't you save him?"


I woke with a gasp as I tilted back and landed on the floor with a thud, it wasn't long before I heard the quick steps coming my way and I was instantly engolfed in Steve's arms. His heart was racing and I slowly looked up at him, my eyes slightly blurred from tears.

"What happened?" I muttered as I looked at him.

"You screamed Steve and then screamed, so I came as fast as I could." He pulled me to my feet and I looked around, I was here. My eyes went back to Steve and soon wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Apparently we have a child." I muttered as I pulled away with a laugh, Steve's face was pale as if he had seen a ghost or the life had been sucked from him. I placed a hand over my mouth, stifling the laugh that was pushing its way forward.

"Why does Steve look ready to pass out?" I heard Nat speak as she walked into the room, I shrugged as I poked Steve in the stomach only for him to look at me as if he was going to cry before turning and leaving. "Why does he look ready to cry now?" She watched as Steve quickly left to where ever it was that he was going. I couldn't help but to laugh as I followed after him.

Image

My hand softly knocked on Steve's half way shut door, I didn't feel like barging in on him after I told him about kids; the thought still tickled my brain. Taking a deep breath I pushed the door open and looked into the dull lit room, Steve was standing in the middle of the room with his back to me.

"Steve, look I'm sorry." I spoke as I walked closer to him, his head tilting in my direction. "It was just a dream, it wasn't real." That was a lie. I softly grabbed his arm and went to stand in front of him, but his hand was quick. His arm twisted from my own and his other grabbed my throat and lifted off the ground while slamming me into the wall.

My head bounced off the wall as I kicked at him and tried to free myself from his grasp, but nothing was working. If I screamed I would pass out, if I didn't do anything I would still probably pass out. My elbow hit his arm multiple times, my hands pushing at his face, his eyes were dark and shallow as he stared at me.

That's when I heard the footsteps and Steve was slammed from my body causing me to get tossed into the dresser, I took a moment to get a hold of myself as the pain corsed through my neck and body. Sam was holding Steve down and wrapping cuffs that were meant for him around his wrists, I wanted to move and run but I was glued to the floor. My throat sore and probably swollen, vision was right. I had let my guard down and almost died, what HYDRA had done was not going to wear off anytime soon.