Status: FINISHED.

If I Lose.

Thirty seven.

"Am I dead?" My voice echoed, I stood in a room that was white. From left to right and back to forth, it was white. No walls, no doors; I was alone. At least thats what I thought, turning in every direction I hoped to have company.

"Hello?" I called out but no one was there, no a sound, squeak or peep. "Anyone?" I slowly fell to my knees, staring at my hands wondering if I was really dead, was this the after life? Had I landed in my own personal hell? I placed my hand on the white ground beneath me, it didnt feel like anything. It was just there, like I was.

The soft footsteps echoed behind me, my whole body sprang into a standing position as I looked toward the person coming my way. I couldnt tell his features until he walked closer to me, finally he stopped. He was tall, well built and wore clothing to where I couldn't see his face.

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice low as he towered over me, his arm reaching out and placing a hand on my shoulder. It was heavy, warm and strong.

"Go home." With that he shoved me back.


My eyes opened quickly, I could hear the sounds of the machines connected to me; I could feel the needles in my arms and hands. I didn't even have to move, I stared at the white ceiling above me. I could hear people out side of the room, some rushing and other calm. A person spoke over the loud speaker, turning my head slowly to the right I saw balloons, gifts and candy. Cards saying get well, and a fresh cup of coffee.

Lowering my eyes I turned to the other side, it was the machines and they were beeping away. Some saying I was indeed alive, others saying my pulse and heart rate. I blinked a few times, my eyes locking with the door as it slowly opened. A pair of blue eyes locked with mine, they held sorrow, regret and pain. I blinked as they walked into the room and over to the right side of my bed.

"Pleas tell me you have your memory, I can't go through that again."

I went to talk but couldnt, there was something blocking my voice. Reaching my hand up I felt the tube, breathing tube. My eyes narrowed as I looked to Steve, who had called in a nurse. It wasn't long before they had come and took the tubes out of my throat and nose, which felt a lot better.

Giving Steve a smile I gripped his hand, even though I couldn't talk at the moment. I wanted him to know that I remembered, I wouldn't forget again.
"You really need to stop being accident prone," I watched my brother walk from one end of the room to the other. Steve sat in the chair and Bucky stood in a corner, my brother had rushed over the moment he heard I was awake. "I need to make you a bubble, that way none of this will happen again. Then lock you away, forever." I sighed.

Once he stopped walking and leaned over to look at the sheet I spoke up. "Tony," his eyes connected with my own. "You knew the entire time, what I was. How it happened, you lied to me and everyone else." I was now sitting up as he stared at me, dumb struck.

Steve looked between us confused and Bucky just waited for a reaction.

Tony sighed, "Yes, it was to keep you safe." His words were low, "I did my best to keep you off of HYDRAs radar, but it seems they found you." His eyes glared over to Steve and then Bucky. Steve raised a brow and Bucky sent him a look back.

I lowered my gaze, of course, he was trying to protect me but did it in the worst way possible. Sighing I looked at him again, "How many days was I out?" I leaned back and looked between them, they all looked at each other and then back at me.

"Three months." Tony ran a hand through his hair and shifted in his spot. "HYDRA has been active, really active these past three months." Steve cleared his throat and I looked at him.

"We thought you wouldn't make it, until today. You were alive but nothing was there, no dreams, no nightmares. Nothing." He leaned back buy kept my hand in his own.

"I did dream, I think." I narrowed my eyes and looked to the side. "It was white, everything. I was alone until a man walked up and shoved me backwards telling me to go home. That's when I woke up."

They all stared at me confused, I myself was confused at everything that was happening.