Status: complete ~ see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

Scars Don't Heal When You Keep Cutting

Chapter Twenty Three

“Welcome to my home!” Ariel cheers as she pushes the door open to the empty house, guiding us inside so she can close and lock the door again. “Shoes off, though.”

The three of us kick our shoes off before following Ariel upstairs. Ben and I get comfy on her bed as she turns toward her television, turning it on before walking over to us, grabbing an Xbox controller on the way.

“Netflix and chill?” she asks, sitting on the bed between Ben and I. I whine and pout my lip, Ben following suit.

“Awe, I wanna sit next to bae!” I whine at her, to which she giggles at and rolls her eyes.

“Y’all won’t pay attention to the show if you guys sit together and you know it,” she says as she goes to the Netflix app. “What do you guys wanna watch?”

“Nothing.”

“Don’t be like that, Ben.”

“Let’s watch Spooksville!” I chirp, earning a groan from both friends to my right.

“I fucking hate Spooksville!” Ben whines, Ariel nodding to agree with Ben.

“You guys suck,” I retort playfully, crossing my arms and slumping in my spot.

“And so does Spooksville,” Ben teases back.

“True. So what are we watching?” Ariel asks once again.

“I heard Skins was good,” Ben suggests. “Kinda triggering and a bit of nudity and shit in it, but still good.”

“Yeah, I heard it was good, too,” I add. And with that, Ariel puts it in the search bar, playing the first episode when she gets to it.