Smiley Face

Chapter Eleven

"Teagan, wake up baby." A deep voice spoke, as I felt someone shaking my shoulder lightly. I rolled over, and swatted the hand away from my shoulder without opening my eyes. "Five more minutes." I muttered, clutching to my pillow. Instead of shaking my shoulder anymore, the have moved to brush my hair away from my face.

"Wake up, we have to get on the road." Finally recognizing the voice as Happy's, my eyes snapped open. "What time is it? Did I sleep through the whole night?" I hummed, stretching out my whole body. He didn't show it on his face, but I could see a slight happiness through his eyes.

"Get dressed, something warm it's a bit chilly outside. I'll meet you out there." Leaning down, he kissed the top of my head before walking out of the room.

Doing as I was told, I climbed out of the bed and started getting dressed. I put on a pair of jeans, a tank top, a plaid shirt that belonged to Happy, the ring he had given me, and a pair of boots. I figured the outfit I had chosen would be warm enough, for a cool, sunny California morning. As I walked out of the small apartment-like dorm, I ran my fingers through my hair to try and remove any knots the pillow had caused me.

Just as he said he would be, Happy was waiting for me outside- he was leaning up against his bike with a cigarette between his lips. I couldn't take my eyes away from him as I began walking towards him. Though, it seemed that when he noticed me he threw the cigarette away from him, and climbed onto his bike.

I didn't say anything to him, as I put my helmet on my head and climbed onto the bike behind me. My legs were on either side of him, and I wrapped my arms snugly around his torso. "You ready?" I heard his voice ask over the sound of the bike's engine. "I guess so." I replied with a small nod, trying not to hit our helmet-clad heads together.

My body jerked ever so slightly as the bike began to move forward.

The ride definitely wasn't a short one- by time we had arrived at Happy's mother's house, it was dinner time and my ass was completely numb.

It took me a few moments to to regain my feeling and balance after climbing off of the back of the bike. When Happy looked over and say the way I was moving, I could immediately hear him start laughing at me. "Oh shut up,it's not funny. You're used to riding long distances, I'm not!" I stuck my tongue out at him.

He continued to shake his head at me, as he removed the helmet off of his head. "Oh, but that's exactly what makes it so funny. Come on, lets go inside." He said with a small smile, offering me his hand.

I gladly took it, and allowed him to lead me into the unfamiliar house. Knowing that his family was on the other side of the door, I suddenly felt very nervous. "I don't think I can do this." I shook my head.

Was I really about to meet Happy's family, more importantly, his mother. While Happy was unlocking the front door, I felt as if I may hyperventilate. He took a step inside, stopping when he realized that I wasn't immediately following along behind him- he had to drag me along behind him in order to actually get me into the house. "Come on, you can't be scared now." He once more laughed at me.

How could I not be scared? I mean, I'm meeting his mother for God's sake. I've never really been one for meeting parents, especially in this case. I knew that Happy loved and adored his mother more than anything else, so I cannot fuck this up. Not just that, but I know what Happy's like and I have to wonder- is he anything like his mother?

"Mom, I'm back, and I've brought someone I want you to meet." Happy called throughout the house.

I stood silently in the doorway, waiting for something to happen, whereas Happy went further into the house. "We're in the living room, Hap!" A woman's voice called out. Suddenly realizing just how real this all was, I had the sudden urge to walk back outside and smoke myself a cigarette; but before I could do so, I felt Happy grab my hand.

"Come on, they don't bite." Happy once more began pulling me along behind him. Upon seeing two women sitting in the living room I didn't know what to expect. I immediately recognized the older woman as Happy's mother, they had the same features I would've had to be blind not to see it.

Sitting next to her was a small girl, with long dark hair. I had to admit she was beautiful, though she seemed rather plain. I couldn't see any tattoos or any kind of piercings, and she wasn't even wearing make up. Though, I did notice that she wasn't taking her eyes off of Happy.

"Oh, Happy, I'm so glad to see you. I've missed you so much!" His mother explained, moving to stand up. It took her a moment, but it took less than a second for her to reach Happy and wrap her arms around him. Her eyes then moved to land on me and go wide.

"O-Oh my, who's your friend here? She's gorgeous!" She gasped out, looking me up and down. Then, just as she had done to Happy, her arms wrapped around me and pulled me into her hold. "Mom, this is Teagan. The club and I are looking after her, and she's become rather special to me." His voice trailed off near the end.

"It's wonderful to meet you Ms. Lowman." I smiled down to the small woman. "Oh, just call me Julia dear, none of that 'Ms.' nonsense. " She waved it off, "It's wonderful to meet you as well, though I am surprised, my Happy's never brought a girl home with him before." She smiled.

Shocked, I looked over to Happy, who for once was showing emotion. He had an ever so slight look of embarrassment on his face.

"Well, mom, I think Teagan and I are gonna go rest for a little bit, it was a long ride up here." Happy gave her a small kiss, before placing his arm around my shoulders. I didn't know how to react with how open he was being- I wasn't used to it. "Alright, well Dinner will be done in an hour or so." Julia informed us.

Happy lead me away from his mother and down the hallway, not even paying attention to the other woman that had been in the room.

He showed me into the room that we would be sleeping in during our time here. His bedroom. It was rather plain, but I still took a look around. The walls were bare, but painted a dull grey color. The bed was in the center of the room, pressed against the wall with a window above it. A bookshelf off to one side, on the other was the closet, and what looked to be the bathroom. The finally, across from the bed, was a desk which was covered in what looked like some drawings. Tattoo designs.

My attention was quickly grasped by the drawings, and without thinking I ran my fingers over the papers.

I could hear Happy moving around the room behind me, but paid no attention to what he was doing. At least not until he walked over to me. I felt his arm wrap around me, and his hand come to rest on my hip. "You like them." He spoke. It wasn't a question, but his observation.

"I do, they're amazing." I breathed out, turning my head so that I could look at him. "I'm glad. Maybe you'll let me put one on you one day." He spoke lightly.

I felt my breath catch in my throat as I looked up at him. Seeing the look on his face let me know just how serious he was being. "Y-Yeah, I'd like that." I nodded my head quickly as I looked into his eyes.

"Good," He kissed my cheek quickly, "Now come on, let's get settled in." I still had my bag on my shoulder, while Happy had already put his down. So I followed suit, placing my bag down on the bed next to where his sat, before I sat down on the bed as well.

"How long are we staying?" I questioned, looking over my shoulder towards him.

"Just a few days. I have some business to take care of, once it's finished we'll head back to Charming." As always, Happy was a man of little words. Something I had grown used to over our time together.

Sighing, I ran my fingers through my hair. "I think I'm going to take a quick shower. I feel like I'm covered in dirt." I said suddenly. Happy walked around the side of the bed so that he was standing in front of me, with a slight confused look on his face. "Are you sure? Food will be ready soon." He pointed out.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I'm just not all that hungry right now." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Teagan, what's wrong? You haven't eaten all day." He moved to squat down in front of me. "Nothing, I'm just not hungry." I shrugged my shoulders again for emphasis.

"Bullshit. You didn't eat before we left Charming, not did you eat when we stopped on the way here. So what's wrong?" He growled out. He reached up and grabbed my chin, forcing me to look over at him. "Nothing!" I snapped at him, getting annoyed that he wouldn't just drop it already. Harshly, he released his grip on my chin, allowing me to look away.

"Fine. Enjoy your shower." He growled out, moving away. I watched as he stormed out of the room, angry with me.

With a sigh, I shook my head, disappointed with myself as I stood up and made my way into the bathroom. "God damn it." I cursed, slamming the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Teagan

Yay, she's posting again- who's excited?

So I couldn't find the name of Happy's mother or Aunt ANYWHERE, so I'm totally just using fake names that I got off the top of my head.