Status: Active

Worlds Apart.

Jarrett

To say that things were going well was an understatement. Things were going as smooth as they could be. I was halfway done with the semester already, I was making good money, and I also was in a very happy non-toxic relationship for the first time in my life.

We went out for fancy dinners all the time. He treated me like a prince. I mean, it didn't change the fact that I still felt like a peasant compared to him... but he inspired me to be successful just like him.

Somewhere along the lines my sister got engaged, and I couldn't be anymore excited for her. I knew it was going to happen soon but not this soon. I was just glad that it gave me the avenue for telling her who my plus one was going to be.

She was actually a little upset that I didn't mention it sooner but she was happy for me as well, and wanted to meet Carter asap.

I didn't want to overwhelm him with meeting my sister just yet, so it would have to wait for the time being.

And for some odd reason I got a raise at my job at the packaging company. My boss said he noticed that I hadn't slacked off since starting my internship and that meant a lot to him so he gave me a .50 cent raise. Which doesn't sound like much but a little goes a long way especially when you're pretty much used to having nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carter kissed my forehead and I instinctively nuzzled myself into his chest. We had just fooled around a little bit, and it was life changing. He knew exactly what to do, and which buttons to press to make my toes curl. We haven't gone all the way yet but I could tell that he wanted to. I did as well but I was terrified.

"I love how you bite your lip every time I kiss you under your jaw," Carter said as he put his thumb and pointer underneath my chin so I'd look up at him.

"It's a major turn on, I don't know why. You're a major turn on in general," I said in a low voice.

"Hey hey, why are you feeling shy?"

My goodness he could read body language and my tone of voice to a tee. I loved it though. There was no hiding from him, and I didn't want to. I wanted all of my feelings on the table even if he knew them before I did.

"It's not that, it's just..." I paused for a moment so I could think of how I wanted to word it. "I find you so attractive, and I want you in every which way and I know that you want to go further with me but I feel bad because I'm not ready-"

He politely interrupted me by putting his finger over my lips.

"Jarrett, you don't have to explain to me. I understand. I don't want you to feel bad about anything. That's the last thing I want. We will go at your pace, no questions asked. I mean that."

I hugged his neck and squeezed tight.

I really did want to have sex with him, honestly I did. But I was so scared that I wouldn't be good enough. It's been a really long time since I've been with someone like that, especially in the way that he wants me.

Hate to bring it up but when Freddie and I used to do anything sexual, it was almost always him who was on the receiving end just because he was too wasted to do anything but lay there, as horrible as that sounds.

And I know that this is 100% different. It's nothing like that. But it doesn't change the fact that I'm afraid I won't be as good as Carter thinks I am. And I want to be amazing for him, he deserves that.

When I pulled away from his embrace he smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

"How about we shower and get ready for the day? I don't have to go into work until later this evening. I want to take you somewhere."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"And where is this somewhere?"

He fixed my hair even though it didn't matter since we were showering soon anyways.

"I want it to be a surprise. You jump in the shower first while I order us some brunch."

I had spent the night over in the hotel he was staying at. It was lovely and felt like a home. We had ordered room service the other night and it was phenomenal, so I was excited to see how their brunch was.

After my piping hot shower I got dressed as fast as I could so I could go in on the food. I was starving for whatever reason. I guess I could smell it from the bathroom or something.

And I also usually got really hungry after fooling around. It took a lot out of me, but in the best way.

"You didn't have to wait for me, Carter," I said, noticing he didn't touch his food.

"Oh this is my second plate. Sorry not sorry."

I laughed at him as I shook my head playfully.

Our eggs were cooked to perfection and the pancakes were buttery and delicious. I'm pretty sure I barely stopped to drink my coffee or even breathe because the food was so good. And before I knew it, all of it was gone and I officially hated myself for showing my savage side to Carter. He didn't seem to mind or to even notice now that I mention it. It felt good to know I could be my true self around him. Not like I wasn't ever my true self but still.

While Carter was showering I started to ponder where on earth he could be taking me. We just ate so it couldn't be to a restaurant. Maybe a museum? Park? Art exhibit? I wasn't sure where rich people went for fun.

I guess it would just have to be a surprise.

He was already dressed and ready to go when he came back into the bedroom. Which was weird because I didn't even see him take his clothes or watch into the bathroom with him but then again I wasn't really paying all that much attention to that. I was still trying to figure out our mystery location.

"Are you ready?" He asked as he bent down to tie his sneakers.

I loved seeing him in casual clothes. And by "casual clothes" I mean $400 dollar jeans, J-Crew button down shirt, and Kenneth Cole sneakers.

"Yes I'm ready and intrigued."

I had a lot of nice new clothes now that I was making decent money. Nothing like Carter's but I still felt confident in them. Much better than my old clothes that I used to get from Target.

So Carter didn't have a driver take us to this place; he drove himself. Which was new to me; I don't think he's ever driven with me like that before. I liked it.

We weren't in the car for long though, it was a relatively short trip.

I was confused when he pulled up to a driveway in a random neighborhood. What was this, the house he grew up in?

It was beautiful, and big. Not huge or anything but it was a very very nice house.

"Come on out Jarrett," he said as he unlocked the doors.

And so I did.

We made our way to the front door.

I thought wed' knock... but Carter seemed to have the key to open it.

The inside was almost blank.

Not much furniture. Not many wall decorations. No TV no appliances.

I was perplexed.

"So this is my new place. And I want you to help me make it feel like home."

I was shocked. But honored. And glad that he wouldn't have to live in a hotel anymore (even if it was a 5 star).

"It's basically SIMS in real life," he said with a laugh. "I'm terrible at decorating, and since I hope you plan on stopping by more often than not I want you to help me. You can pick out whatever you want. We can look at catalogs and whatnot. I mean, if you accept?"

I tried not to smile too wide like a creepy clown. But I was so happy. Happy that he didn't hire someone to decorate his new home. Happy that he wanted me to be a part of the process. Happy that he took me here to show me it in its bare form.

Just... happy.

"Of course I accept."
♠ ♠ ♠
Keep commenting, it keeps us going.

Love you all :)