Status: Active

Worlds Apart.

Jarrett

I couldn't believe how... Unbelievably well things were going. Usually for me things didn't ever go smoothly or even remotely good. But here I am, halfway done with my semester with barely any problems with school, work, or life in general.

I mean I guess we could count the fact that I'm still too chicken shit to have sex with my own boyfriend as not going the greatest. But even that is fine. Carter isn't pressuring me and everything else in our relationship is pretty much spot on.

Somewhere along the way I wondered how I was so lucky to have such an amazing guy but after a few weeks of realizing that doubting myself wasn't cute, I stopped. Carter saw something special in me and he made me feel like I deserved him. I just went with it and I've never been happier.

Each day is a new adventure for us; whether it's work related or not.

For example, he just ordered this new couch that is also a table. You fold it up and the seats turn so you have a booth to sit at instead of a couch. So excited to try it. Even though there's a good chance I'll hurt myself trying to put the damn thing together. But maybe Carter has that all planned out already, who knows.

"Jarrett are you okay?"

I snapped out of my daydream and smiled.

"Yea I'm fine, I was just imagining myself crushing my fingers in the couch-table when I try to put it together," I said with a laugh.

Carter chuckled and wrapped his arms around me.

"Well that won't happen. I have them doing all that and showing us how to swivel it back to a couch and whatnot. Your fingers will be perfectly intact. And besides you need those fingers. For... Drum roll please," he said while he tapped his hands on my shoulders "indoor rock climbing!"

I looked back at him in disbelief.

I've never done anything like that in my life. I always wanted to do things like that, I just never really got the chance.

"What? When is this all happening?"

Carter sat with me (probably for the last time) on his old couch.

"This weekend, Sunday probably. They are only open until 3:30 but I paid them to rent out the place just for us from 4-5:30. I think it'll be fun! No one watching us, just us two climbing the wall. With an instructed at first of course. Does that sound fun?"

I laughed out of pure nervousness.

"Well of course it sounds fun! But you didn't have to do all of that. I'm sure we'd be fine in general population, you know?"

Carter nodded.

"Sure we'd be fine, I know that. But I want it to be a private experience for us. I don't like to purposely flaunt my money around, but if I have the means to make moments extra special, I do. You deserve it Jarrett."

My lips curled into a smile before I kissed him gently on the lips.
Unintentionally things got a little heated. He put his hands on my waist, I snuck my tongue into his mouth, and he crashed on top of me. Our breathing got heavy and the room felt like it was 100 degrees.

Carter could sense that I was getting panicky somehow, so he slowly pulled away from me and kissed my cheek.

He then bit his lip and raised his eyebrows.

I was so curious as to what was about to come out of his mouth.

"Do you want to take a bath. With me. I'll put the jacuzzi jets on. It'll be relaxing. No sexual pressure, I just want to relax with you in the tub. You can wash my hair, I can wash yours. It'll be nice. Would that be okay?"

See what I mean? See how one would feel undeserving of a man like this. Like, I could be dreaming but I'm not. This is real. This is my freaking reality right now.

"I'd love that. Let's go."

I wasn't even sure if he wanted to do that at that very moment, but it didn't matter. He started the water and that was that.

------------

Needless to say, after that bath it was decided that that wasn't going to be the first and last time we'd be doing that. I don't think my muscles have ever been so loose and relaxed. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever been in a jacuzzi in my life.

It was lovely.

He was lovely.

"Shit," he said as he looked at his phone. "I have to go in to the office as soon as I can."

He dried off his hair some more and started to look for a shirt and tie to wear.

"Is everything okay?"

"Everything is fine, don't worry Jar. I just need to make an executive decision for the company, about our funding for the next few weeks. Then as soon as I'm done I'll come right back. Don't go anywhere. We can order dinner when I get home. Okay?"

I smiled and nodded. He never called me "Jar" before. It kind of made me melt though. It was different. Only my sister called me that. But I loved hearing it from Carter's mouth.

"Sounds good to me. Hurry back!" I called out to him
As he headed down the stairs.

I got dressed myself and sat on his bed for a little bit. Just to rest my eyes. I was almost too relaxed from that bath. Maybe I'd take a nap.

But before I knew it my nap turned into a two hour slumber and I only woke up because my phone was ringing on Carter's dresser.

I didn't even look at the phone, I just answered it. It was probably Carter saying he missed me, or maybe my sister calling to check up on me.

"Hello?"

"Jarrett! I'm so glad you picked up! It's so great to hear your voice again..."

No.

No no.

It was Freddie.

If I had known I wouldn't have answered. But the damage was done and I couldn't hang up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let us know what you think! It means the world to us :)