Status: Up & Running

A New Song

Chapter 3

"Dad!! Look at what I've got!" My five year old son yelled as soon as he opened the front door of our two story mansion.

"What do you have big guy?" I asked as I crouched down to hug him. He took off his backpack and then pulled something out.

A guitar.

"Uncle Brian gave it to me. He told me to take good care of it."

"This is gorgeous son. Are you gonna put it in your room with your other instruments?"

Jake nodded and ran upstairs. He's in love with music , exactly like me. He has every guitar ; microphone ; drumset known to man. He has more autographs than I could ever dream of.

Hayley is sometimes jealous of the bond between me and Jake but then again loves it that we're close. She wants a little girl to spoil , I just know it.

Hayley smiled and walked up to me.

"Hey baby." I said softly grabbing her hips softly and leaned in for a kiss.

She pulled away, and then proceeded to the kitchen. "Let's order out. You look tired and I'm in the mood for some pizza"

She sigh in what I could only describe as relief and kissed me again. "That sounds so good to me."

I took her hand in mine and then pulled her to the couch in the living room. I picked her up and sat her down on my lap.

"I missed you today. The house is so quiet without you and Jake"

"Missed you too. How was your day?"

"Okay.." I shrugged , "Joe was a pain in the ass but we handled him"

"What do you mean , handled?"

I laughed at the suspicion in her voice. It's no lie that the guys and I can be troublemakers and the guys , especially Zack and Jimmy , are creating a mini-me with Jake. Something Hay's not too happy about.

"We told him straight that he's working for us and not vice versa. He cannot tell us what to do , we tell him what to do."

"Proud of you that you didn't hit him." she smiled and kissed me again. We heard footsteps and instantly pulled away.

"What's for dinner mama?" Jake asked sitting down next to Hayley. Even though Jake and I had a very special bond , Hayley , although the strict parent , was still very much an idol for Jake. He looked up to her and has told me countless of times that he 'wanted his mother's brains someday'.

I should be offended

But I wanted her brains as well in High school.

"We're gonna order pizza." she said and laughed when his face turned excited.

"Can I call? You always order the yucky pizza"

Hayley gasped , "I do not. Take that back mister"

"Or what?" he challenged. This was definetly my son.

"How would you feel if I forget you at school? or.... I break one of your instruments?"

"You wouldn't"

"Or I bring out Mr Tickles"

Both Hay and I laughed as my son giggled.

"Can I please order?"

"Yeah go order. 1 pizza!" she sid and then smiled as he walked away with my cellphone.

I smiled as I looked at her. She has always been such an amazing girlfriend ; wife and mom.