Status: Up & Running

A New Song

Chapter 4

"and it seems I've been buried alive..."

Jake danced around while hearing his father and uncles sing their hearts out while recording their newest album.

His mom was with aunt Lara at the mall and fortunately they didn't ask him to tag along. Jake loves his mom but he'd much rather hang out with his dad.

The song ended and Jake clapped his hands. "That was good dad!"

"Thanks Jay. Who do you think was the best?" Matt asked with a cheeky smile.

"Daddy!" Jake pointed to Matt and laughed when his uncles gasped.

"That's mean Jay. Take it back , say uncle Bri is the best."

"No. Uncle Zacky. I gave you ice cream last week before lunch"

"Guys don't tell the boy what to do. It's obvious he thinks his uncle Jimmy is the best. Let's face it , I am"

Jake laughed.

"Dad can I go play the guitar?"

"Of course. Just stay in the building okay?"

"Okay" Jake said and then ran off with his backpack. It was a Saturday so he didn't have school and that meant hanging out a lot with his dad and uncles.

Zack smiled as Matt stared after his son. It's been 5 years but everyone was still amazed at how great of a father the tattooed singer is. Of course they all knew from the start that Hayley would be an excellent mom but it was a nice surprise when they saw Matt in action as daddy and role model for his son.

"Lara is pestering me about the wedding. I don't even wanna go fucking home." Brian groaned making sure Jake was out of the hearing distance when he cursed.

Hayley might be small but if someone curses in front of her son she can get scary mad.

"Why's she pestering you? Isn't it the woman's job to plan a wedding?" Johnny asked. Matt laughed

"Ask that in front of a girl and I'm sure your head will get bashed in man"

"Really? You helped?"

"Fuck no" Matt said "why do you think I hung out at your place everyday? I told Hay that I was working. She still doesn't know the truth"

"I hope she never finds out man" Zack laughed , "for your sakes"

"I gave her Jake , she'll forgive me"

"Are you guys thinking of another one soon?" Larry asked as he walked into the studio where the guys sat. He only heard Matt's last sentence.

"Where did you come from man? Almost gave me a heart attack" Jimmy exclaimed making the guys laugh.

"I was hanging out with the little Rascal. He's playing guitar for the Berry's. But seriously , are you?"

Matt smirked , "nah. Hayley and I both agreed that maybe we can later , but for now Jay is enough. Although she'd want a girl to spoil like me with Jake she's happy with just him right now. Me too."

"Yeah a newborn could be rough. Especially with the world tour coming up. Speaking of , the reason I'm really here.. Are you guys up for a tour?"

"When? I'm getting married in 3 months" Brian muttered

"No the tour is only for a month. You'll be covering North Carolina ; Vegas ; Miami and New York. It starts in a week"

"Can we come back to you man? I need to run it by Hayls , and I'm pretty sure Gates has to ask Lara for permission"

"I'm not on a leash." Brian laughed , "but yeah... yeah I do."

"Are you guys in?" Larry asked Zack ; Jimmy and Johnny. The ones that are single.

"Yeah we're in."

"Okay , talk to your ladies guys. I need to get back to them the day after tomorrow."

Jake ran back minutes later and told them that Jason and Matt had to leave. Brian picked him up and asked him if he's played his guitar at school.

"Yeah! My friends are so jealous! They can't believe I have Synyster Gates' autographed guitar uncle Bri. How cool is that!"

"That is cool Jay. You're like the popular guy aren't you? I was too" Brian smirked cockily.

"Don't lie to Jake Brian"Matt said with a smirk making Brian glare at him.

"So Jay do you have a girlfriend?" Zacky asked.

"There's a girl I like. Her name is Lilly. But mama said I'm not allowed to date yet."

"Is she hot?"

"She's pretty. She's almost as pretty as my mama. I think she likes me too"

"Why wouldn't she? Does she think it's cool your dad and uncles are Avenged?"

Jake shook his head , "she doesn't know who Avenged Sevenfold is. She likes my mama's music"

"Does she want mama to play some music again?"

"Yup" Jake nodded to what Jimmy asked. "She says mama had a long enough holiday."

"Couldn't agree more." I mumbled.