Maiden of Darkness

Chapter 16: Lighting Meets Thunder

*Your Point Of View*

You slightly open your eyes to realize that you had fallen asleep. You rub your eyes hard, and blink for a while. Your eyes caught the blurry vision of the library. You rested your head back on your knees in disappointment.

"I'm still here...", you said as you sighed to see the sight of your own breath. It was pretty cold in the library.
Your body was slightly shivering. You could feel your fingers a bit numb,as you rested them on your knees.
"I gotta do something, I have to get out of here", you said softly as you looked around the room looking for a way out.

You saw books everywhere and of couple of chairs, but, sadly there was no exit out of the library. You sighed, and laid your head against the wall.
You eyes widen as you heard a noise. You sat there waiting for something to happen, only to see Axel coming out of a portal, you lay your eyes on him.

"Hey, it's time for your training. This time, we're gonna get something accomplished, got it memorized?", he said as he walked towards you and crossed his arms.

You could tell he wasn't in the mood for fighting today, there was something on his mind. He looked at you with no emotion whatsoever. You sighed and forced your body to get up.

"Alright let's go", he said as he opened a portal and waited for you to go in first. You looked in the portal first, and then walked in carefully, Axel followed.

You both ended back in the same room as yesterday, where you both trained. Axel walked to the other side as you stayed on the other side of the room. You could hear his footsteps echoing through the hallway. His footsteps had a rhythmic pattern, that never went out of pace. Once he got to the other side, he summoned his crams and turned to you.

"Axel, are you okay? You're not as fired up as yesterday. Is something wrong?", you asked Axel with a confused expression on your face. He shrugged his shoulders at you.
"Eh, that stupid idiot Demyx kept me up all night playing his citar. It was driving me crazy", he said as he smirked at you.

You didn't know what he was talking about, but, you could tell that he was lying to you. Even though, you only met him a while ago, you felt like worrying about him. Even though he said some horrible things about your friends, and how they never wanted to do anything with you, you couldn't help but wonder if he was okay. After all, Axel was the only person in charge of watching you.

"O-Okay, I guess", you said as you raised both hands and summoned a chakram in each hand. You stood in a fighting position, ready for Axel's attack.
"So, this is the Maiden. Well, what an honor", said a voice you never recognized, it came from behind Axel. You saw a guy with pink hair, holding a rose in one hand coming from a portal behind Axel.

You saw him walking towards you, and someone else coming out from the portal, you rolled your eyes in disgrace to see Larxene coming out.

"Marluxia, Larxene...get out", yelled Axel to Marluxia while Larxene just passed by Axel and shook her head. Marluxia, stopped in front of you and handed a rose to.
"It's not everyday I get to see the Maiden in our presence", said Marluxia smirking at you,as you grabbed the rose from him. You looked at it and looked up to him.
"Um, thanks", you said nervously. You didn't find this very sweet, for you didn't know what this person wanted.

"Besides Axel, you don't order us around. We can be here if we want to. So, drop the bossy attitude, hothead", said Larxene as she looked as she shrugged her shoulders at Axel, and glared at him. Apparently, Axel didn't like her either.
Marluxia ignored Larxene and faced you.
"So, you're training with Axel. Well, that's a waste. You'll never get anywhere with him. Why don't you let us train you, you'll get your powers under control in no time. What do you say?", said Marluxia as he glanced at Axel and back at you.
"Get out, Marluxia. It's my job to train her not yours. So get the HELL out of here. You too Larxene", yelled Axel firing his chakrams.

You got a little nervous, and shook your head, "Um, I actually want Axel to train me. Thanks though", you smiled at Marluxia.
Axel eyes widen as you said that. You saw his green eyes gazing at you bluntly. Larxene let out a laugh.

"HAHAHAHA! What's the matter, little maiden scared of playing with lightning", she mocked you as a lighting bolt appeared in her hand, as she snapped her finger. You glared at her violently.

"You know what Larxene, why don't you just fight against me, or are you just to old to get your butt over here", you said glaring at her. She had pushed you over the limit. She was starting to piss you off. Your eyes began glowing purple.
"Err, you little brat. You're gonna wish you never said that to me", she said getting her thunder knives out. She spread her left arm, ready to attack. You stood in a fighting position with your chakrams spread out. They were starting to be surrounded by darkness.
"Too bad I already did", you said back at her. Marluxia and Axel backed away from you both. Marluxia shrugged his shoulders.
"Well, it's time for the girls to let them play their game", said Marluxia facing Axel. Axel turned his head facing you about to battle.
"I'm gonna teach you what it means to be messing with me", sneered Larxene.

You immediately made a move and threw your chakram at her,it went flying towards her, but she made it stop with her thunder, making fly back towards you caught with your hand but felt the force of it taking you back with it. You tried to regain your balance.
"This is gonna really shock things up", said Larxene as she ran towards you and tried to stab you with her thunder knife. You put your chakram in front of you and shield against her.

Her knife was inches away from your neck, your eyes opened when you saw the knife jolting with sparks. You quickly pushed her back and threw her a chakram.
You took heavy breaths in, Larxene just laughed at you.
"Don't tell me you're tired already. Ha, that's just useless", she yelled at you.
The word useless echoed through your ear and into your mind/ That word repeated over and over. Your eyes were glowing a brighter purple. You faced her, and grinned.
"Useless...big mistake", you said coldly at her. Larxene looked scared for a minute, she stood staring at you for a second and shook her head.
"Please, is that suppose to scare me. Ha...take this", she threw all of her knives at you.

They all hit you in the arm, you saw jolts coming out from them, as a huge lightning blot strikes your body. The whole room flashed before before your eyes. Larxene giggled at you. Everyone went blind for a split second.
Marluxia waited for the shock to clear up, Axel looked stunned to see such a huge flash.
"Ha, that should of finished her existence", said Larxene as she crossed her arms and winked.

The flash cleared up, Larxene gasped at that very moment. She couldn't believe her eyes. Axel dropped his jaw, and Marluxia smirked.
"That's impossible, i-it can't be", whispered Larxene, she became numb, her body shaking and her eyes completely widen in shock.
"I told you, big mistake", you gritted through your teeth.

Your eyes were glowing purple and the knives were laying all over the floor, there wasn't a single scratch on you. You didn't feel a single inch of pain from the knife throw, in your body.

Your body was surrounded in darkness, it moved and flowed around you. Your chakrams were at either side of your hand. They were surrounded by darkness. You slowly rose from the white marble floor, letting the darkness lift you up. You reached out your chakram and started spinning it. You let go of it, as the chakram continued spinning in mid air.

"What are you doing?", yelled Larxene getting more knives out. She looked at you quite frighten, but without letting her guard down. You glared at her and and smiled innocently.

Suddenly, darkness started coming from below Larxene. Larxene looked down in shock. She gasped as she saw Neo Shadows coming from the darkness below her, they were grabbing her legs dragging her down.

"What the Hell?", panicked Larxene as she started throwing her knives at the Neo shadows, but it didn't hurt them. She panicked and started to move her legs. Darkness started to invoke her body and surround her. The darkness wrapped her arms and waist, slowly taking her in. She shouted to Axel.

"Axel, what are you waiting for, help me!", shouted Larxene struggling out of the darkness. Half of her was already dragged in. Axel shrugged his shoulders and smirked.
"Sorry Larxene. You don't order me around. So stop with the bossy attitude", he said mocking Larxene. She glared at him and turned to Marluxia.
"Marluxia, after all I've done for you, don't you dare leave me!" she yelled at Marluxia. He looked way and closed his eyes, smiling all the way.
"Sorry Larxene, the boss will get me in trouble, but I'll remind him that you were the one who helped summon the Maiden's power, so you can have credit", he said coldly.
Larxene glared at him and then faced you with disgust. She sneered.
"I hate you", within seconds she was swallowed by the darkness. Once she disappeared the darkness disappeared along with her.

Your chakram stopped spinning, and slowly returned to your hand. Your eyes returned to normal. You returned to the ground and suddenly felt an immense headache. You were about to fall, but Axel had caught you in time. You looked up to him and smiled.
"Thanks. Now that that's over, can you teach me something else", you said smiling at Axel.

You saw him smile at you for the first time. You got up and turned to him.

"Well, that was very impressive, Maiden. I didn't expect you to be that strong. You disposed of Larxene so quickly. I didn't know you had it in you. I'm honored to have been here to see it with my own eyes", said Marluxia clapping his hands slowly. He bowed to you and slowly opened a portal to leave the room.

"I'll be mentioning this event to the boss", he said before he entered the portal, he disappeared out of sight.
You looked at Axel after watching Marluxia leave. You smiled at him, he shrugged his shoulders.

"Sorry, but my time's run out. You have to wait until tomorrow, till I teach you something new", he said scratching his neck. You smiled at him.
"Oh, okay. No problem, I guess I can wait till my friend thinks of something new", you said to him. His eyes widen to you. He looked at you seriously.
"Do you mean that. I-I'm your friend", he said to you as he continued to look at you. You nodded at him, and smiled at him.
"Of course you are. Who else do I talk to around here?", you said to him with a smile on your face.

Axel shook his head, he chuckled and smirked at you.

"I can't believe I'm friends with a girl as dangerous as you", he said as he walked away and opened a portal. You smiled for you knew that was his way of saying thanks to you.
"Come on, I can't keep waiting for you all day", he said, as you walked towards the portal and went through it.

You both ended up in the library. It didn't change at all. You looked at the window seeing the heart shaped moon glowing. You walked towards the window and stared at it.
"Well, see ya". said Axel as he walked towards the portal.
"I can't believe I'm friends with our weapon", said Axel under his breath, but you didn't hear him. You waved at him and smiled. he disappeared through the portal.

You sat in the corner once again, and stared at the moon. Your mind floated into deep thought once again. You thought about the power you had released at Larxene. You thought how dangerous it could've been, but thought how strong you've become. You smiled and continued looking at the moon.

You suddenly closed your eyes, but they shot open again as you heard a portal opening in the far side of the library. You stood up and walked over there. You see someone coming out of the dark portal with their hood on. You shook your head.

"What's wrong, Axel? Why are you wearing your hood?", you said as you approached the figure. You backed away as you saw the figure falling to his knees with his arm on his rib. You gasped and ran towards him.

"Oh no, are you okay", you said as you laid the figure's head on your lap. You take of the hood, only to gasp at who it was. You covered your mouth with your hand, and shouted out.
"Riku!", you shouted as you saw him faint on your lap.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, that was a shocker. Well, Larxene is gone, hehehehehe! Seriously, she was getting on my nerves! Well, Axel's your friend now. YAY! You got a friend on the other side! Your power was finally unleashed, I guess I can give credit for Larxene..but I don't feel like it! HEHEHEHE! Anyhow, so, Riku ended up fainting on your lap. What happened to him. Find out next time!! HEHEHEHE! I love doing that on purpose! See ya! More coming soon!