Maiden of Darkness

Chapter 21: The Deal to the Dark

*Your Point Of View*

You walked to the Gummi Ship with Sora and Riku by your side. You could feel a slight relief of escaping the Organization. Yet, you couldn't help the feeling of leaving Axel behind, after all, he was your friend.
You were approaching the Gummi Ship, you walked on the ramp, taking slow steps.

"Aniko!", Kairi yelled as she jumped to hug you. You were surprised to see her. She hugged you and released you. You smiled at her.
"Aniko, I was so worried, are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine".

You all walked inside, Donald and Goofy hugged you too. You smiled at them and turned your attention to Riku. His leg was injured badly. Sora put him down on a chair, as you knelled down to reach for his leg.

"Kairi, could you get some bandages for me?", you said as you checked Riku's wound.
"You don't have to do that you know. I'll be fine by tomorrow", said Riku as he looked at you. You shook your head at him.
"Don't be stubborn, you barely could stand when you were fighting Marluxia. Let me at least try to help you, Riku".

Kairi came with the bandages and handed them to you. You started wrapping the bandage around his leg, he stared at you for a while until you finished.

"There, all done", you said taking a deep sigh. Riku leaned towards you and placed a kiss on your forehead.
"Thanks",he said softly to you. You smiled at him, and got up. You stretched out your arms and yawned a little. Kairi started laughing.
"You're tired already, Aniko", she said laughing at you. You smiled and nodded.
"Yeah, fighting with Marluxia really took it all out of me".
You yawned again. You turned to Sora and asked him a question.
"Sora, where are we going now"?
"Well, we're going to Hallow Bastion so that everyone knows you're okay", he said signaling Donald and Goofy to start the Gummi Ship.

"Alright everyone, buckle up. A-hyuck", yelled Goofy out to all of you.

Everyone got into their seats and buckled up. You were a bit nervous, for last time's ride wasn't your favorite ride. Donald pressed a couple of buttons and gave a thumbs up. Sora nodded back at him.
"Alright then, let's go. Warp speed!", Sora yelled as the Gummi Ship rose from the ground, it started to fly up in the air.

You could see the heart-shaped moon closer than ever. The speed immediately flew out of The World That Never Was. It went in warp speed. Your face was being pulled to the chair once again, you were felling a slight headache approaching. You closed your eyes for at least ten second, until Sora yelled out.

"We're here!", he yelled. You opened your eyes to see that everyone started to get up from their chair. You raised your head, and unbuckled. You got up, you felt dizzy and sat down on the chair again. Kairi and Riku went up to you.
"Are you okay?", Kairi said, she looking worried.
"Yeah I'm fine, I just don't like Gummi Ship rides", you laughed nervously. You got up and smiled.

You all walked out of the gummi ship. Sora spotted Cloud in an instant and waved at him.

"Hey Cloud, over here", Sora started waving his hands as Donald and Goofy raced over to him. Cloud looked over at you guy and smirked.
"Hey, you're back. What took you guys so long. Leon and the others were worried", he said as you approached Cloud.
"Sorry about that", you told him. He nodded. He looked over at Sora.
"You guys better go over to Merlin's and tell Leon you're here".
"Alright, no problem", Sora said confidently. He walked forward heading towards Merlin's house. You all followed.

Once you reached Merlin's house, Sora and Goofy opened the door letting you guys go in first. You spotted to see Aerith sitting in the couch, while Leon and Yuffie were in the computer with Cid, while Merlin was reading a book. Yuffie noticed you all arrived.

"Hey, you're back!", she shouted as she hug attacked you. She hugged you so tight, you couldn't feel yourself breathing. She released you.
"Hi, Yuffie".
"You had been kidnapped for days now, and when you come back rescued safe and sound, all you can say is "Hi". You scared us to death, Aniko", Yuffie told you seriously.

Aerith walked over to you and smiled. Leon also walked over to you guys.
"It's good see you guys made it out alive", said Leon as he crossed his arms. Sora, Donald and Goofy all threw themselves on the couch. They were tired. You started to yawn again, rubbing your eyes.

"I guess we won't be hearing details until tomorrow", smiled Aerith. Merlin got up and took out his wand.
"Well, since the house is crowded again, might as well put more rooms in here", Merlin said cheerfully as he danced around the room waving his wand.

He said a couple of words, the house started to glow. Noises were coming from inside the house, they sounded like creaking sound. In a few seconds the house stopped glowing. Merlin looked at you guys.
"I put in more rooms now. You guys can all sleep comfortable", he said as he placed his wand in his pocket and sat back into a chair, reading a book.
"Well, I'm tired. I guess I'll be going to sleep now. Good night", you said going to the other room. You walked over to a door to the left, and saw two beds. You quickly took off your shoes and jumped on the bed. You felt the warm and comfortable sheets, and slowly began closing your eyes.

*Sora's point of View*

You saw Aniko go over to the other room, while Kairi went inside the bathroom. You saw that Riku was about to follow Aniko, when you shouted over to him.
"Riku, we have to talk, now", you said raising your body from the couch. Riku looked over at you and nodded. You could tell he knew you were serious.

You both walked out of Merlin's house, leaving Leon and the others curious, but that didn't matter. You stopped walking when Riku asked you something.
"What's up, Sora?", he asked curious to know what you were thinking. You shook your head and looked at him in the eye.
"Riku, I know you're working with Maleficent again. I saw you with her in the Bailey-", you paused for a second and clutched your hand.
You looked at him angrily.
"Riku, how could you be so stupid. Why couldn't you just wait for us to rescue her-" you were interrupted by Riku screaming at you.
"Because you wouldn't have made it in time, Sora. You should of seen what they were doing to her, they tortured her. If we had gotten there a second later, who knows what they would've done to her".

You could tell Riku was worried about Aniko, but you couldn't help the fact that he was working with Maleficent. You took a deep sigh and looked at him.
"So, she's safe. What are you going to do now?", you said crossing your arms.
"I have to go back, tonight. Maleficent will come after me if I don't go back", he said lowering his voice. Your eyes widen.
"What about Aniko? What are we suppose to tell her? That you work for Maleficent, and gone back to the dark side", you stated to him.

"Aniko won't know. She can't find out. I don't want her to follow me and be toyed by Maleficent. I need you and Kairi to protect her while I'm gone", he said turning around, walking back to Merlin's house.
"How long will you be gone?", you shouted back at him. He turned the handle, and looked back at you.
"As long as it takes to kill Maleficent", he said as he entered Merlin's house. You looked at him as he went inside, you shook your head in disappointment.
"Riku, why are you always doing this"?

*Riku's Point Of View*

You were angry at Sora, you knew he was doing this for the best, but, still. You walk inside Merlin's house and see Leon and Yuffie curious of what had happen. You turn away and see Kairi walking by. She stops you.
"Riku, what's wrong?"
"Nothing, where's Aniko?"
"She's sleeping, remember?", she said looking up to you smiling. You smiled back at her.
"Thanks, Kairi", you said walking towards Aniko's room.

The door was slightly open. You open the door slowly and see that the room is quite dark. You see Aniko in her bed, sleeping peacefully. You smile and walk over to her. You sit on the bed next to her, placing your hand on her face, removing her hair from her face.

"Please forgive me, Aniko. I'm doing this for you", you whispered in her ear. She slowly moved and opened her eyes. She looked at you, blinking a couple of times. A smile went across her face.
"Riku?", she said looking at you. You rubbed her cheeks, as she slowly went back to sleep.
You leaned in and kissed her on the forehead, and walked away. You looked back at her one more time, as you slowly closed the door, leaving her in her peaceful sleep once again.
You walk out of Merlin's house, heading towards the Bailey. You felt bad that you had to leave Aniko alone again, but, you knew she would be safe. You stopped walking for a second and turned around. You saw Sora and Kairi behind you.
"Riku, are you sure-", Kairi said reaching her hand out to touch your shoulder.
You smiled back at them.
"You guys really don't trust me, do you?", you said teasing around.
"Of course we do, but, it's just...", Kairi paused to look a bit disappointed. Sora looked at you seriously.

"You better come back, Riku. If you don't, we're going after you!", he said crossing his arms. He smiled at you. You walked over to him and punched him in the shoulder.
"As if I need help from a couple of wise guys", you said laughing at him. Sora pouted for a minute. Kairi smiled.
You pulled over your hood and formed a portal. You looked back at Sora and said seriously, "Sora, I'm counting on you to protect Aniko. Don't tell her about Maleficent, got it"?
"Got it", he said giving you a thumbs up. You walked inside the portal and completely vanished from site.

You appeared in a dark room in a castle. You looked around looking for Maleficent.
"So, you came. I thought I was going to have to send the heartless after you", said Maleficent coming from the shadows. You turned your head away and right passed her.
"You're going to need some sleep tonight. We have a big day tomorrow, my pet", she said icily. You continued walking away up the stairs.
"I'll be ready", you answered back as you climbed up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, Riku's back with Maleficent, and it seems she has plans for Riku. Wonder what lies ahead for Riku. As for Aniko, will she ever find out that her love sacrificed himself to the darkness. Will she help him, and when will she find out. More coming soon!!!