Maiden of Darkness

Chapter 24: Familiar Name, Lost Person

*Your Point Of View*

"Roxas?", Kairi repeated after you mentioned his name. She questioned the name over and over in her head. You stared at her, and waited patiently for her answer.
"Oh, Roxas. Yeah, I've never met him, but I have spoke to him once", said the red head.

You opened your eyes widely, and nodded. You were filled with content. Even though you've never met Roxas, it felt as if it had been an eternity since you last saw him.
You looked at Kairi again, after taking a sip of your hot chocolate. Once the hot, warm liquid went down your throat, you asked again.

"Do you remember when was the last time you spoke to him?"
"Actually, it was a long, time ago. I don't even remember how long", she said, placing her finger on her cheek, tapping it.

You felt the content being replaced with sorrow. You were one step closer to finding out who Roxas, the one person who was Axel's closest friend; yet, it was such a far and complicated task.
You sighed heavily, blowing the steam from your chocolate. You looked down at the cup, and watched as the chocolate stirred by itself, round and round, like the thoughts that filled your head.

"Oh, okay...", you replied to her, sounding sad, like as if your hopes were all taken away. Kairi placed her hand on your shoulder, and smiled.
"Don't worry, I'm sure there are others who know him. We might even bump into him while we're in other worlds", she replied happily, with the same smile she would always put when you're sad.
"I hope so...", you whispered to yourself, while sipping the last of the chocolate.

You decided to go take a walk, so you got up and stood, placing the empty cup on the table. Kairi looked confused.
"Where are you going?"
"I'm going to take a walk, I need some fresh air. I'll be back!", you waved at her as you walked out of Merlin's house,, leaving Kairi puzzled.

You noticed it was getting dark, you were expecting to see the moon out, it was a peaceful sight, but didn't. You continued to walk down the town, all the way to the Bailey.

On your way there, you counted your steps, and sighed a couple of times. You didn't want to go back, knowing Riku wasn't there. Last time he wasn't in Merlin's house, Axel kidnapped you, unexpectedly. You were afraid to know what would happen next.

"Where is he? It's not like him not to tell me?", you whispered to yourself. You were now at the Bailey, you could see the Castle, perfectly, and heartless coming out.
"So, it is invaded by heartless...I wonder what's in there?", you asked, looking at the sight of the castle. As you sat on a ledge.

You could still feel something drawing you in, yet, you tried to ignore it. That castle was always drawing you, but you never knew why. It was strange.
"I wonder why he left without me knowing?", you said, staring into space while looking at the castle.
"Riku has always been like that. He does it because he wants to protect those he cares for the most", said a voice from behind. You turn to see the tiny mouse smiling to you.
"Oh, your majesty. Um, I didn't know you were here?", you said fidgeting.
"It's alright, Aniko. I was the one who interrupted your thoughts", he smiled as he sat on the ledge with you.

You thought he was so cute, and adorable, you smiled as he sat next to you.

"Riku has always been like that, Aniko. He's always hated to involve his friends in his troubles", he said, as Mickey watched the Castle, and the sun setting.
"But, why? Why would he run off and not tell us. He knows that we can help, he knows we're gonna go after him?"
"Maybe he doesn't want to be found, Aniko?", King Mickey whispered to himself, but you heard him. You jumped off and looked at him.
"What do you mean? Of course he does, Riku would never do that...", you paused for a second, thinking about. You turned to him with a confused face.
"Would he?", you asked, afraid of an answer.

He stayed quiet and smiled at you.
"Don't worry Aniko. Knowing Riku, he'll be back!", he said, and with that he jumped off the ledge and walked away.
"I hope so...", you whispered to yourself. Riku really wasn't the person to go off somewhere without a reason.
A year ago he left Destiny Islands with Sora, but it was because they were taken away, according to Kairi's story.
You continued to stare into the Hallow Bastion castle, hoping that what the king said, would really come true.

*Riku's Point Of View*

You're in your dark room, sitting on the ledge of the window, staring at Radiant Garden. You move your hand up to your knee, and noticed that it was turning shadowy and black.

"Darn, that Malificent", you whisper to yourself.

You continue to stare out the window, for some reason your heart was beating slower than before, not in a usual beating. You try to ignore it, and stared out the town, wondering what the others might be doing. You hear the door open, as you turn your attention to Malificent walking in, with a smirk on her face.

"I see the transformation has been starting...", she said, noticing your hand. You quickly tried to hide it, by pulling your sleeve over it.
"And how's the beating of your heart? Is it slowly disappearing?", she asked in an icy voice.
You gave her no answer, ignoring her was the best thing you could possibly think of. You heard her laugh to herself.
"Don't worry, once it's all over, you won't even feel a thing, that is, if it's possible to even feel anything, once you're a heartless", she said.

You clutched your fist in anger, glaring back at her. She seemed to find it amusing when you would try to fight back. She walked away from your room, giving you space. She turned to you before completely leaving.
"You have a task to do tomorrow, so I expect you get a good night sleep", she said as she locked the door from behind.

You continue to stare at the town, sighing in disappointment.
"That witch. She's going to pay for doing this to me", you said looking back at your hand. You quickly gave a sad expression.
"I wonder, when I turn into a heartless, I wonder if I'll be able to protect her", you whispered to yourself, trying to think of Aniko.

*Your Point Of View*

You decided to go back to Merlin's house, you were tired and just wanted to go to bed. You were approaching the house, when you see Donald and Goofy running out. They were panicking for some reason.
"What's wrong?"
"The Queen's in danger, and so is the castle!", Goofy yelled out. Sora ran out too, with the king by his side.
"Sora?!"
"I'm going with the king to the castle, you can come if you want!", he said smiling.
"No, it's okay. Kairi can't stay here by herself, I'll stick around here for now...", you said to Sora as he nodded and boarded the ship.
"Bye guys!", you waved to them as the ship floated into the sky and disappeared out of sight.
You smiled as the ship flew away, and then saw that Kairi was walking away, you were puzzled and yelled, "Kairi, where are you going?'
"I'm going to the town, okay. Don't worry though, I'll be back. You should get some sleep and let that wound heal, alright?"
You nodded at her and headed back inside Merlin's house, to get some rest. "I wonder what it's like in the Disney Castle?"you asked yourself as you slept away in your sleep.

*Kairi's Point Of View*

You walked around the town, it was night time already, you wanted to get some supplies for Aerith, so you were headed to the store.
"I wonder where I can buy these?", you said looking at the list of supplies.

You hear a noise coming from the corner, and turn around. You see a guy with a black cloak on, you move closer to see who it was, until you smiled.
"Riku?", you asked heading closer to him. Riku took off his hood, and smiled at you.
"Hey Kairi...", he looked disappointed, as he tried to hide your hand with your sleeve, but you noticed and became suspicious.
"Riku, what happen to-"
"It's a long story, Kairi...", he said trying to change the subject. You sighed.
"Riku, you have to do something, you can't let Malificent do this to you? What if something happens to you? What will Aniko think, what will she do?", you lectured him for a while. He stood silenced, and gave you no respond.

A gust of wind blew in the cold night, he suddenly had spoken.
"So how is she?"
"She's worried about you. What else can she do. The love of her life disappeared without saying anything!", you responded. He stood in silence again, but it went short when another gust of wind blew.
"I have to go, Malificent will catch me, and I don't you to get involve either. I'll see ya around, Kairi", he said and with that he created a portal.
"Riku?", you said as he was about to enter the portal, he stopped and looked back.
"Please, come back soon!", you begged him, as a tear fell down your eye. He smiled and left into the portal.

*Your Point Of View*

"Where am I?", you said being in a dark room again, you looked around to see nothing.
"Am I dreaming?", you said, your voice echoing.
"I heard you asked for me?", you heard a voice you never heard before. A figure suddenly appeared in front of you.

You face the figure, as he pulled back his hood. A boy with blond hair and blue eyes looked back at you. To your surprise, he looked a lot like Sora.
"Who are you?", you asked cautiously.
"My name is Roxas. I heard you wanted to talk to me", he said, as you nodded your head to him, and smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I liked this chapter a lot!! YAY!! I originally had Aniko go to the Disney Castle, but I rearranged it so she would just have this dream. Well, more coming soon!!