I Knew You Were Trouble

Chapter eleven

Josh’s POV

I’m woken up by the sound of someone pushing buttons very close to my ear. I frown and my eyes flicker open to find that my face is buried into a tattooed arm.

My heart fills with warmth and fuzziness when I see Oli lying in bed next to me. Never, and I mean never in the whole two and half months of this agreement have I woken up to Oli in bed with me. He was either gone when I woke up or he was sitting smoking on my window seal or somewhere else in my room but never in bed.

I found that I liked this. I liked this a lot.

Oli was texting on his phone but I choose not to disturb him and just continue lying beside him unnoticed as I zoned out into my own world. I wanted to saver this moment for as long as I could, he was warm which I found comforting and inviting.

I snuggle closer into his arm as my mind went over last night. He came over even though I told him not to because he blew me off. I was sad and lonely and upset from my little fight with Max earlier that evening and Oli’s surprise bed visit was exactly what I needed.

Last night was the first time Oli and I have actually cuddled. We’ve shared brief hugs before but this wasn’t anything like the ones before. It was in bed for starters and he himself pulled me to his chest and soothed me back to sleep. It was warm, gentle and I truly felt like he cared for me. It’s been the most intimate we’ve been yet and I’m not sure if Oli intended for it to come across that way but it’s got me into a lot of trouble because I’ve discovered its awoken unspoken feelings for him.

Fuck.

We agreed no feelings and here I am falling for the fucker with no will power to stop myself. I couldn’t back out now, I knew these feelings would never go away and the thought scares me to death because I knew Oli wouldn’t feel the same.

I’ve ruined everything. I promised myself that I wouldn’t let it lead to this. It was supposed to be just sex, ugh, I’m such a hopeless idiot. There is no way he could find out, I’d have to keep my mouth shut and carry on as normal because I know he’ll leave if he knew what I was really feeling and I wouldn’t be able to handle that. Not now I feel like this for him.

I sighed to myself and I guess he heard me.

“You’re awake.” He says causing me to glance up at him and give him a small smile.
“Morning.” I mumble, feeling myself blush as he found me awake. Ugh, fuck off butterflies.
He put down his phone and turned on his side to face me. His hand rests on my stomach and I layed flat on my back stretching out my tired limbs whilst letting out a yawn. I needed to shake this feeling.

“Wait a minute, how did you get in last night?” I ask sitting up. I was fast asleep when he came in and I’m not sure if Max was home then.
“I know a thing or two about picking locks.” He admits which triggered my curiosity.
“You picked the door?”
“Would you have preferred if I didn’t let myself in? I know you didn’t want to see me.” he says and I look down in my lap, remembering how angry I was at him.
“No, I’m glad you did.”

He cupped my face with his hands making me look into his beautiful hazel eyes as he gently rubbed his thumbs under my eyes.

“Have you been crying?” he asks concerned. I was kind of confused but then I remembered crying myself to sleep after Max said those things. So I most likely had red puffy eyes which gave me away.
“Max said some things.” I mumble, tearing my gaze away from him.
“What sort of things?” he demands frowning down at me.
“Nothing, it doesn’t matter anymore.” I shake my head and pull away from his hands.
“It does matter if it made you cry, Josh.” Please stop caring you’re fucking with my head.
“Oli, I’m fine, really.”

I was still feeling rather hurt from Max’s words but today is a new day and I just want to forget about the whole thing.

As if he knew I wasn’t telling the truth, Oli leans in and pushes his lips against mine softly. I push my lips back and he places a hand on my chest and pushes me gently back against the mattress as he continues kissing me.

He places himself in between my legs and I so willingly let him as I wrap my hands around his neck to deepen our kiss. His hands slid under my shirt, his finger tips feeling like velvet stroking up my sides as he hovers above me. He pulls away from my lips and starts attacking my neck, his favourite place to mark me up.

Little gasps were escaping my mouth as he tortured my neck and at the same time he was pressing himself against me which was turning me on more.

“How are you feeling?”
“Alright.” I gasp when he nips at the skin on my neck.
“Be honest Josh, I don’t want to hurt you.” He breaths against my neck making me shiver. He’s been so considerate about how I felt lately which I guess is one of the reasons I’ve been falling.
“I’m still abit sore.” I confess and blush. He pulls back abit to look down at me.

“Hmm, well I guess I’ll just have to make you feel good in another way then.” He says grabbing a hold of my dick through my sweat pants and giving me a squeeze. The sudden action surprised me but I moan at the pressure of his hand on me.

He wastes no time and yanks down my sweat pants and making sure they were off completely.
He leans in and kisses me and as if to distract me, his hand crept into my boxers and he took a hold of me and I can’t help but break the kiss and groan as he strokes me.

Oli’s lips left my mouth and began kissing me through my clothed chest as he made his way further down south. He lifted my t-shirt up slightly and began leaving butterfly kisses along my lower stomach which made my insides do a hundred somersaults at once.

“Hmm, now let’s see how you taste.” He smirks staring down at my length whilst still pumping me at a steady pace. I gulp at his words, feeling my heart beat race faster.

He pulls my boxers down to my knees and lower his head down to my dick.

He’s never given me a blowjob before. Oli always liked to get straight to the sex and when we did fool around, I was the one who was always so eager to give him head as it was my one of my greatest specialities.

He finally takes me into his mouth and I can’t help but moan loudly at the amazing wet warmth which surrounds my dick. My head sinks deeper into the pillow, my eyes squeezing shut at the feeling. My right hand reaches up to grab hold of the feathered cushion for some sort of relief.

Oli’s mouth and tongue worked magically on my throbbing dick, like holy fuck, how hasn’t he given me head before? This felt incredible, he was most definitely going to do this more often.

He comes back up, swirling his long tongue around my tip and dipping it into my slip making me into a moaning desperate mess before he takes me whole again and goes back down on me. He was fucking incredible.

“Oh Oli.” I whine, bucking my hips out of instinct and I feel my tip hit the back of his throat. He moans around me causing the vibrations to shoot right through me and I let out a desperate loud moan. He grabs hold of my hips and holds me down firmly to prevent me from bucking my hips up again but I couldn’t help it. The sensation felt so amazing and I knew if he kept this up I’ll be coming in no time.

I bit down on my lower lip as my other hand tangles itself into his brown locks when he starts bobbing his head up and down on me faster while his hand was pumping the bottom half at the same time. And that’s when I felt that overwhelming feeling in the pit of my stomach.

“O-Oli, I-I’m gonna-“ I couldn’t even finish my sentence before I was shooting into his mouth. I yanked at his hair as I rode out my orgasm seeing Oli swallow down everything. He pulled off me, licking his lips and came back level with me and crashed his lips down onto mine. I could taste the saltiness of myself on his tongue but I didn’t care.

He pulls back and smiles at my sweaty panting state and I give him a lazy smile.

“Fuck.” I panted amazed at the whole thing and he smirks, kindly pulling my boxers up for me.

“You taste pretty good.” he says, tapping me on the nose with his finger and I can’t help but blush.

Oli lies down beside me and I turn my body to face him, leaning my head on his shoulder as I went over in my mind what just happen. It was perfect and before I could offer my services to get him off his phone beeps, ruining the moment.

He reads the text and a smile appears on his face when he does and I can’t help but frown in slight annoyance. Who keeps texting him? Was I paranoid to think it was another guy?

“I’ve got to go.” He says sitting up.
“You don’t want me to make you some breakfast?” I offer hoping he would stay longer.
“I’ve already had my breakfast.” He smirks and winks at me making my face heat up.
“Pass me my jeans please, sunshine.” He laughs patting me on the bum to get out of bed.

I pout at him, I didn’t like that he had to leave for what seems to be for whoever just texted him but I get out of bed and walk over to pick up his jeans up from the middle of the floor. When I pick them up something heavy falls out of the pocket making a loud clattering sound against the floorboards.

I step back to take a look what it was and I jump back with wide frighten eyes when I see a black handgun on my floor.

“Holy shit!” I gasp in complete shock. What the fuck is he doing with a gun?
“W-why do you have a gun?!”

Oli scrambles out of bed and reaches for the gun before snatching his jeans out of my hands.

“That’s none of your fucking business!” he growls.

My whole body started to shake and I had this horrible tightening feeling in my chest. So many things were running through my mind right now, what the fuck is going on?

“N-none of m-my business? Y-you had a gun in your pocket.”
“We’re not having this conversation Josh.” He hisses, quickly putting the rest of his clothes on.

“I think I have the right to know why the guy I’m fucking carries a gun with him.”
“Well let me make this loud and clear for you, we’re not fucking anymore.” He says bluntly and my heart drops.

“You’re not serious?”
“Dead.” And the look in his eyes just made it all the more real that he was more than dead serious.

I tried to swallow down the lump in my throat and to ignore the burning tears which rimmed my eyes. I just wanted to fall apart.

“Y-you don’t mean that.” I stuttered, sounding weak.

He just sent me a glare as his answer and pushed past me walking out of my room leaving me standing there, seconds away from breaking into pieces. No, I wasn’t going to let him leave like this. I deserve to know what is going on. He did not just end this yet again.

Last night was different. He held me in his arms, he was so sweet and caring. He didn’t want sex, he just wanted to hold me while I fell back to sleep. He showed up in the middle of the night when I told him not to. He was so concern when he found out I cried myself to sleep. He thought about my comfort before doing anything sexual with me. That’s not the actions of someone who doesn’t care…

I let out a shaky breath before running out of my room after him.

“Oli please!” I shout as I manage to catch up to him in the kitchen.

“You dirty little liar, you said he wasn’t coming over.”

Max’s head pops up from behind the sofa giving me a dirty look which I couldn’t deal with right now. He’s got it all wrong but I didn’t have time to explain to him right now.

“Not now Max!” I hushed waving him off with my hand.

“Oli wait!” I grab his arm but he yanks it out of my grip harshly. And he swings round staring angrily at me which scares me.
“What the fuck do you want? He snaps.
“Y-you can’t just leave like this.” He laughs in responses.
“The sex was good while it lasted kid but that’s all this ever was. I’m sure you can find someone else to dirty the sheets with soon enough.”

And right there my heart just breaks. A shaky breath slips past my lips as a tear rolls down my cheek as his words hit me hard.

“Hey!” Max scolds now intervening at Oli’s harsh words.

“Oh please, don’t act like you didn’t call him a slut last night yourself.” Oli confronts but Max stands his ground.

“Maybe so but I’m his best mate, I’m entitled to insult him and he will later forgive me for it! But you on the other hand are no other than a thieving dirty coke head that needs to piss off back to the hole you crawled out of!” Max yells kneeling up on the sofa and an angry Oli marches over to him and they both stare angrily at each other.

“You’re really pushing your luck with me, you annoying little toe rag!” Oli shoves at Max’s chest.

I was standing there silently crying to myself whilst they tore each other apart. My body was trembling. I was so hurt.

“P-please s-stop.” I stuttered through my sobs. I wanted to stop crying but the tears kept falling.

“I don’t have time for this shit.” Oli growls backing away from Max and walking out the front door without even looking back at me.

“Oli.” I cry after him but I’m met with the door slamming back in my face.

“What the-“

“Don’t. Just don’t Max.” I sob and run back to my room.

~~

Oli’s POV

When I arrive back at base I head straight into the living room knowing that’s where the guys would be waiting for me.

They all turn their heads when they hear me enter the room and I see they had the unexpected prisoner held at gun point and tied up on the sofa which they texted me about.

My eyes fall to the victim and it was exactly who I thought it would be and a smile crosses my face. Short spiky hair, long limbs, blue eyes, it was Jordan.

“Untie him and put your god damn guns down.” I order and they all give me a sceptical look.

“Now!” I snap and they immediately do as I say and untie him and put down their guns.

Jordan stands up and makes his way over to me and we fall into a brotherly hug, patting each other on the backs with our well known smirks. The others just stare at us in confusion and disbelief.

“Never thought I’d be so happy to see you mate.” Jordan says, with that stupid look on his face he always had.
“Likewise. When did you get out?” I ask.
“Yesterday. I must say Sykes, your friends are all very welcoming.” He says turning around and looking at the irritated stares from the rest of them.

“Boss, who the hell is this?” Nicholls asks stepping forwards, his voice full of concern. The others nod their heads wanting to know the same answer and I thought it was time to put this straight.

“Gather round and listen up because I’m only going to say this once.”

Jordan stands besides me as the rest of them step forwards to listen.

“This is Jordan Fish. He was my cell mate in prison but he’s now our newest member of Horizon. You will treat him with respect and treat him as equally as the rest of your brothers.”

“Hang on boss, who even is this guy? Can he even be trusted?” Nicholls questions, raising his eyebrows.
“Unlike the rest of you, Jordan proved his loyalty to me while we were inside and earned my trust and a place in the gang.” I spat back at Matt. I’ve had it with his shitty attitude questioning me all the time.

“What about his profile? Don’t you think we have the right to see it?” Vegan speaks up stepping forwards. I knew they weren’t going to take this so lightly but they knew not to question my motives because it only angered me more.

“That’s unnecessary. Jordan has told me everything I need to know about himself and I trust him with my life. And that my dear brothers, should be enough for you to trust him too.” I state and a moments silence pass before Tom decides to protest.

“You can’t just expect us to instantly except some nobody off the streets who we know nothing about. He could be anybody, who knows what he’s told to people since you last saw him. We can never trust an outsider, you yourself taught us that.”

“You’re right and I also taught you all to trust me. You know I wouldn’t put you in harms way.” I scowl and Tom huffs and folds his arms a cross his chest. I was getting sick of this now. They all had to shut their mouths and just except my decision I’ve made for the gang, end of.

When I thought the conversation was over, Tom decides to open his disobedient mouth again.

“How did he know where to find us and why did it take him so long to get here if he got out yesterday, huh?”
“Because I told him where to find us!” I yell at Tom and he takes a step back as he sees the anger fill me.

No one knew our whereabouts except the five of us because of a number of reasons. When you’re the most lethal and feared gang around your most likely to have enemies and your location is absolutely crucial to keep a secret. So for me to tell Jordan where to find us was immense.

My gaze moves to Jordan and I sent him an unspoken stare which he knew to explain himself.

“I may have made a little pit stop along the way.” He smirks and nods to his bag which Nicholls instantly pulls apart to search it and a load of bottled pills scatter across the floor.

I laugh at what I see. Of course.

“I should have known.” I scoff, patting Jordan on the shoulder.
“Old habits are hard to break and besides, I didn’t want to show up to my new home empty handed.” He grins.
“He’s brought you home treats and this is how you treat your new house mate?”

I walk over to Nicholls and rip Jordan’s duffle bag from him.

“You can all stop with the interrogation now.” I order, handing Jordan back his bag.

“Does he even know how to use a gun?” Nicholls question was sarcastic as he falls back on the sofa with his gun in his hand.
“I might not be as skilful as you but I’m very talented at using a knife or two.” Jordon answers Nicholls himself and I’m ecstatic that Nicholls doesn’t answer him back.
“Jordan is very skilful in the medical department which is exactly what we need. And as for using a gun, well, shooting practise begins tomorrow.”

“That’s if you don’t go sneaking off in the night for hours like you always do.”

I whip my head around ready to scowl Tom but Jordan’s smart mouth knew better.

“You dirty dog, you’ve been seeing someone haven’t you?”
Just like when we were inside, Jordan could read me fairly easily which I hated more than anything because he use to whined me up all the fucking time.

“I’m almost offended Oliver that you couldn’t wait for me to get out.” He mocks with his hand on his chest to act hurt.

“It’s been a couple of months Jordan.”

I smirk at Jordan but that’s when Tom steps in front of me with hurt in his eyes.

“Wait, you mean all this time… all the disappearing for hours on end and not answering my calls and refusing to spend any time at home with us is because you been fucking some guy?!” He yells becoming emotional which I thought was unnecessary.

“More than once? Whoa Oliver, it isn’t like you to get hooked on just one guy. He must be good.” Jordan teases.
“The best I’ve ever had but it doesn’t matter anymore because I ended it this morning. Now both of you shut up.” I warned them both feeling my temper rising. I didn’t want to discuss my sex life with the gang.

“You’re so fucking selfish!”
“Tom, don’t be like that.” I moan, dragging a hand down my face as I try to keep my cool with him.

“All you care about is bloody strangers. You’d rather be with them than spend time with me! You go out and neglect time with me to fuck some nobody and you let some outsider waltz right into our home when he could be a complete psychopath! Have you lost your mind Oliver? You know what, whatever… Just leave me alone!” he yells pushing past me and leaving the room. I knew I should let him calm down before I go talk to him.

“A little sensitive isn’t he?” Jordan says and I sigh shaking my head, not wanting to talk about it.
“Let me show you to your room.”

~~

I pick one of the downstairs rooms because it will probably be the best option as we’re going to be using his assistance for future injuries.

It was one of the larger rooms, view of the whole back garden, its own bathroom and the back door to the outside which I knew he would like. Being locked up for many months can make you feel claustrophobic and the desperate need of an escape is essential.

“I hope this is alright.” I say to Jordan who was looking around the room with wide eyes.
“Mate, this is way more than I was ever expecting. I’m so grateful for all you’ve done Oli. I wouldn’t have anywhere else to go if you didn’t offer me this chance.”
“No worries bro, this is your home now. And don’t worry about the guys, they’ll warm up to you soon enough. They’re just not keen on strangers.”
“I can tell.”

It felt great to have Jordan here. It’s been strange not having him constantly by my side, as much as he irritated the shit out of me and wanted to beat him to death half the time we’ve become really close and since I’ve got out I felt like Jordan was the only one who kind of got me. Being put in a cell with only about five feet between you both, you kind of got personal.

“How was it when I left?” I ask, eyeing up a scar on his neck which wasn’t there when I left.
“Ah you know, a bunch of inmates trying to kill me knowing my body guard had left me.” he jokes.
“Sorry mate.”
“Don’t be, got to spend multiple times in the hospital wing which meant plenty of drugs for me.” he winks and I laugh.

“It’s good to have you here Jordan. I’ll let you unpack and settle in and we’ll talk over some rules later on. Oh and I want you up bright and early ready for shooting practise tomorrow.”
“Yes boss.” He mocks doing the stupid hand gesture and I roll my eyes. His still an annoying lanky shit.

~~

I flick my cigarette off my balcony as I refuse to sleep once again. I decide to walk downstairs to get a drink from the kitchen to distract my mind from wondering. When I get to the kitchen I find I’m not the only one awake, I see Vegan sitting at the table on his laptop which I find suspicious.

The expression on his face when he sees me is like he’s been caught with his hand in the cookie jar and I knew exactly what he was doing.

“I told you not to do that.” I sternly say, waiting for an explanation.
“Oli, the guys are concerned. You’ve never let anybody in before so why now? Why this guy? You have to see it from our point of view. It’s been the five of us for years, we’ve grown up together, know everything about one an other and now you’ve suddenly brought in a complete stranger which none of us know anything about. Of course we’re going to find it concerning and uncomfortable.”

“You know full well I wouldn’t just let anyone in. Jordan was there for me when you guys weren’t, in my eyes his loyalty and skills are more than fitting for this job.” I shrug getting a bottle of water from the fridge.

Vegan’s eyes flickers down at the laptop screen before flickering them back to mine.
“He was training to become a spinal surgeon before he got caught doing the dirty and got thrown into prison by his own father. That’s deep.”
“We’ve all done things in our past we’re not proud of, including you Matt.” He frowns not liking being reminded of his past.

“Like I said, Jordan has already told me everything. There’s nothing in his profile you can find which I don’t already know. Now, enough.” I say about to walk out of the room.

“What about Joshua Franceschi?” he asks and my head whips round at his name.

“You didn’t?!” I hiss and the guilt falls over his face.
“I’m sorry but I had to.”
“Bullshit!” I slam my fist on the table making him jump. Something inside of me just snapped and now I was raging.

“How fucking dare you!” I growled, disgusted with him.
“Look, I’m worried about Tom alright. You’ve been neglecting him for this Franceschi kid and I wanted to know why.” He tries to defend himself but it wasn’t good enough.

“I’ve spent the last two weeks with my brother trying to fix our relationship! I even cut down on the co-“ then I realise I don’t have to explain myself to him. I am the boss, I call the shots around here and what Vegan’s has done is unacceptable.

“You had no fucking right to go snooping behind my back! Josh is my business, you got that?” he ignores me.

“He was involved with Sean Smith back in the day. Doesn’t that bother you at all?” my eyes widen when I hear he’s found out that information already.
“He’s innocent.” I say quickly defending Josh, knowing that was the truth.
“Says his profile.” He ridicules, indicating it was a lie and I just explode.
“I said he’s innocent!”

I slam the laptop screen down in anger catching Vegan’s fingers in between it. He lets out a whimper of pain, struggling to get his fingers free which only make me press the screen down harder.

My face was inches away from Vegan’s, I was fuming by this point and I had all my body weight pushed down on the laptop. He had to be taught a lesson.

“When I tell you he’s innocent you fucking take my word for it! And if I hear you breathe one word about him to anyone, I will make sure you will never be able to look up another persons profile again.” I snarled seeing the fear across his face and his eyes water.

“Do I make myself clear?” I hissed.
“Y-yes, boss.” He nods his head eagerly begging me to let his fingers free. With one last push I let go, hearing him gasps in relief as I walk out of the room before I do some serious damage.

I didn’t want anyone finding out about Josh, I didn’t want the others to find an excuse to go snooping behind my back also. I didn’t want them to have an excuse to track him down and stick their noses into his business. I didn’t want Josh knowing about this lifestyle of mine. He needed to stay well clear of it. He needed to stay protected.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my, I’m so sorry that this chapter is practically never ending! I had so much in my head that I wanted to get out and explain to you guys and I just kept writing and writing that I did get kind of annoyed with it at the end… :\

feels? (i'm sorry Josh, i love you really!)

Happy reading anyway my lovelies, hopefully I’ll be updating again soon because I have some well deserved time off :) xx