Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

11: A Little Too Far

“Look who’s finally awake” Iker smiled as he stepped into Olivia’s hospital room, a bag weighing on his arm. It had been a long night, Olivia had spent most of it asleep thanks to the dose of anesthesia she had received, and Iker had used the time to go and collect a few things that he thought she would want. He had spoken to her doctor, with the wound she bore on her stomach, she would need to be kept in for a couple of days and Iker was going to ensure that she was comfortable. Hospitals weren’t anyone’s idea of fun, but Iker knew that Olivia in particular hated them and he wanted to make it all a little better. He wanted to start making up for the way he had pushed her aside when he had been with Isobel.

“Look who finally came back” Olivia noted teasingly “You promised me that you would be here when I woke up” she added.

“I know” Iker smiled “But you were out for hours and I took advantage of the time to go by your apartment and the store to get a few things that will hopefully make the next few days more comfortable for you” he added, plopping back down into the chair beside her bed.

Olivia cocked an eyebrow. “You were in my apartment without me there?” she posed.

Iker nodded. “Yeah” he replied casually.

“And you got me clothes?” she posed.

“Yes” Iker replied “And before you get there, yes, I did get you underwear too, but don’t freak out. It’s not like I have never seen it before” he commented.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “You’re not supposed to mention that” she mumbled, noting the slight smirk that had appeared at the corner of his mouth.

“What’s the point of having an embarrassing memory if we can’t joke about it Oli?” he teased, earning a small eye roll from the brunette.

“Ignoring that, what did you bring me?” she posed, motioning to the bag that was neatly stowed beside the chair in which he said. Iker smiled and leant down, hauling the bag onto his lap.

“Well, I bought you some clean clothes and pajamas. I didn’t know what you would want, but I brought things that were loose and comfy so that they don’t press on your stitches” he noted, earning a small smile from Olivia “I bought your stuffed Tiger toy, because even despite the fact you’re nearly 30 years old, I know that when you get sick, you want nothing more than to have him around” he added, setting the stuffed toy down onto the bed beside him, allowing Olivia to pull it against her. “I also bought your laptop because I knew you would badger me into getting it for you anyways” he added.

“Aww, look at you” Olivia teased “Being all caring” she added.

Iker scoffed. “I am always caring” he noted as he continued rooting through the bag “I also bought you some snacks since we both know hospital food is shitty and some toiletries” he noted, setting the bag back on the floor.

“You didn’t have to do that” she noted.

“I did” Iker replied, his voice softening a little “I was an ass, Oli, I have been for the last six weeks and I am sorry” he noted.

Olivia shook her head. “You don’t have to say sorry. I told you to go” she explained.

“I should have fought more. I let Isobel keep us apart and for that, I am very sorry” he replied softly.

Olivia shook her head. “Iker, you love her” she noted.

“I thought I did, but she gave me a lovely glimpse of the real her when she found out that you were in hospital and I don’t think I am going back to her. She’s a bitch” he noted.

“I am sorry” Olivia noted, earning a small chuckle from Iker. “What?” she posed.

“You. The girl treats you terribly yet still you apologize over our break up. You’re freaking adorable” he cooed, pressing a soft kiss against her cheek. Olivia scrunched her nose up slightly, her skin a little irritated by the slightly scruffy beard he sported. “You don’t like my beard?” he teased, noting the frown on her face.

“It’s not that I don’t like it, it’s just that it makes my face a little itchy” she returned.

“It does?” he quipped, a small smirk on his face.

“Iker…” Olivia’s complaining was cut off as Iker pressed another kiss against her cheek, ensuring that his beard brush against her skin, earning a rather irritated sound from her. “You’re an ass” she muttered.

“But you love me for it” Iker teased brightly.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “Some people would call me unfortunate for having to deal with you” she mumbled.

“And everyone else would say you were the luckiest girl in the world to have such a handsome, charming, and funny best friend” he grinned.

Olivia shook her head. “You’re none of those things” she noted.

Iker scoffed. “I am hilarious, I can think of five or six occasions where I have made you laugh so hard you fell off of your chair.” He quipped “And I must be charming, because I managed to make you forgive me for ruining your blouse the first time we met” he added.

“Alright, but you’re not handsome” she teased, a small smile on her face as she attempted to get a little more comfortable in the bed.

“I have modelled” Iker replied seriously.

“And? They let a lot of people pose for pictures, Iker” she joked. It had been a while since they had had their usual back and forth and Olivia was enjoying it. She loved teasing Iker like he loved teasing her.

Iker shook his head. “I bet you’ve swooned over me before” he pouted.

Olivia scoffed. “Never” she replied.

“Never? What about ‘the night’?” he returned, his dark eyes meeting hers.

Olivia’s cheeks warmed. “I have never swooned over you” she mumbled.

Iker quirked an eyebrow. “Really?” he challenged.

“Really” Olivia replied firmly.

Iker leant a little closer. “You swear?” he poked.

“I swear” Olivia replied, her eyes meeting his as he edged slightly closer to her.

“I bet that you have” he challenged with a small grin.

“I know I haven’t” Olivia smirked.

Iker took another pace forwards and ducked his head slightly, his nose lightly brushing against hers. “Still nothing?” he murmured, his voice nothing more than a breathy whisper.

Olivia licked her lips. “Nada” she returned.

Iker’s eyes darkened a little at the response before he moved to lean just an inch closer, preparing to kiss Olivia for the first time sober. Olivia shifted slightly, but didn’t push him back. There was no way she was going to lose out in the game of chicken that they were clearly playing. Iker noted her lack of motion and smirked a little. Olivia had always been just as stubborn as he was. Moving his feet slightly, he prepared to place his lips against hers, but was cut off as the door opened, letting Callie step inside.

“Oli I wanted…” her voice trailed off as she spotted the position of her friend and Iker “Oh” she added.

“It’s fine” Iker noted, taking a step back “I was just going” he mumbled before he sped out of the room.

Callie watched him go before she turned back to Olivia, noting the pink on her cheeks. “Did I…?”

“No” Olivia noted “You didn’t” she noted.

Callie looked at her dubiously, but still moved to set the pile of papers that she had in her hand on the small table that sat by Olivia’s bed. “Andre wanted me to drop these off” she noted.

Olivia smiled weakly, her mind wandering to what would have happened if Callie hadn’t walked in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Yaninkin9 for the comment :)