Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

16: More Than Friends

Running her fingers down the side of her skirt, Olivia swallowed a little, her blue eyes peeking at the mirror which stood ahead of her. It was a little strange, after nearly 2 weeks in Iker’s spare room, she felt a little odd about being home alone, but she was more concerned about the ‘date’ she was about to embark on. She was nervous, Iker had kept his cards close to his chest with regards to what they were going to be doing and it made her a little unsure. It wasn’t the first time that they had gone out, in five years, they had been out to dinner countless times before, but just knowing that it was a date made her a little nervous. Dates had never been her strong point, Olivia had a knack of doing or saying something wrong, and she didn’t want it to be the case with Iker. He was her best friend, the only person besides her brother that she trusted with the whole of her heart and she didn’t want to lose him. She didn’t quite know what she would do without him.

“Wow”

Olivia jumped at the sound of Iker’s voice and turned, a glare fixed on her face. “Do you always let yourself into the apartments of girls you’re taking out?” she mumbled.

Iker shook his head. “No” he commented “But only because they don’t give me their keys. If they did, I would let myself in” he grinned.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “This is supposed to be a date, Iker” Olivia pointed out.

“I know” he replied “But the beauty of us is that I don’t have to play around with the façade of being something I am not. You know me, I know you, and there will be no awkwardness” he explained, stepping towards her slightly. It was a bonus, the fact that they already knew one another and Iker wasn’t going to let it go to waste. His plans for that evening had been largely based around his in-depth knowledge of his friend.

Olivia nodded. “I hope you’re right” she mumbled.

Iker smiled and moved to press a kiss to her lips. “I tend to be” he mumbled gently.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “You know, just because I know you doesn’t mean that you can be your usual self on this date Iker. I expect a little wooing” she noted.

Iker smiled. “It’s a good thing then that I have plans to woo you” he smiled, gently wrapping his hand around hers.

Olivia quirked an eyebrow. “And what do you know about wooing me?” she teased, her cheeks a soft hue of pink.

Iker smiled at the slight colour and pressed a little a tender kiss against the warm skin. “You’ll have to wait and see” he teased gently.

Olivia let out a small groan. “You know I hate surprises” she mumbled, a small pout on her lips.

“No, you don’t. What you hate is waiting” Iker noted as he gently led her out of her bedroom “But that won’t be a problem. The waiting is almost done” he added.

Olivia looked up at him. “I’m not going to hate this am I?” she mumbled shyly.

Iker shook his head. “Not at all. You’re going to love it” he smiled before he dropped a kiss onto her forehead, leading her out to the car.

~#~
“Can I please open my eyes?” Olivia mumbled as she allowed Iker to lead her to the destination that he had selected for their first date. She was starting to get nervous, Iker had kept everything a secret, and she was starting to worry that he’d made a grand gesture, something which was sure to make her feel bad. She knew that that wouldn’t have been his aim, but Olivia didn’t want him to have done anything overly extravagant. There was still a chance that things could go awfully wrong.

Iker, who had taken a couple of steps, smiled. “Of course” he noted.

Olivia nodded and blinked her eyes a little, a small smile appearing on her face as she noted the setting around them. “You brought me to the zoo?” she smiled.

“Yeah, I did” Iker noted “But more than that, I got you a special, after hours, tour too. I thought we could take a walk around, eat this wonderful picnic dinner which I prepared all by myself and then I could buy you something from the gift shop to remember our wonderful first date by” he teased.

Olivia blinked a couple of times before she turned to face him. “You did this for me?” she murmured.

“I don’t see another girl here” Iker replied with a confident smile “Of course I did this for you, Oli” he added earnestly.

Olivia shook her head. “It’s amazing” she whispered gently.

“Well, thank you” Iker smiled before he took a pace towards her, pressing an affectionate kiss to her cheek “Now, if we want this tour, we have to go now” he added, gesturing to the zookeeper who stood a little ahead of them. Olivia smiled and happily laced her fingers with his, allowing him to lead her towards the start of the tour.

~#~
“So?” Iker smiled as he sipped on his drink “Was this the best first date you’ve been on?” he posed, his dark eyes watching Olivia slightly. He knew that she had enjoyed it, she had been giggling and smiling the entire way around the park, but he wanted to know if it meant she would consider going out with him again. He liked the idea of taking their friendship up another level.

Olivia, who had been happily admiring the sky above her head, smiled. “What would you say if I said that it was?” she posed.

“I’d say that I was glad” Iker replied “And that I would like to take you out on another date” he added.

Olivia smiled. “It was a beautiful idea” she commented “I loved it” she added gently.

“I’m glad. I spent about 3 hours earlier freaking out that I had gone overboard” Iker teased.

“I spent the same amount of time, if not more, thinking that this would be weird, but it isn’t. I feel at home like this” she admitted softly, her blue eyes peeking up at Iker.

“Perhaps everyone else was right” he noted with a small shrug “Perhaps we were just being ignorant because we were scared” he added.

Olivia nodded her head in agreement. “Perhaps” she noted, sipping her drink.

“Oli” Iker mused.

“Hm?” she hummed, turning her eyes back to him.

“We’re more than friends now right?” he murmured softly.

Olivia shrugged. “I think that’s the best way to describe us. We’re not just friends anymore, but not quite boyfriend & girlfriend. More than friends works” she noted with an impish grin. Iker nodded his head before he leant over, pressing a little kiss to her lips, glad that they had taken the step they had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)