Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

25: Impeccable Tastes

“Olivia” Iker whispered, his hand gently shaking her shoulder “Oli, mi amor, come on. It’s someone’s birthday” he mumbled, gently leaning over to press a little kiss against her neck. It had been a few weeks since they had said their first ‘I love you’ and with November slowly coming to an end, Iker couldn’t help but think about the impending holidays that he would spend with Olivia. He knew that people were itching to see them, Olivia’s brother had even extended an invitation to the pair to spend Iker’s winter break in Melbourne with him and his family, but Iker was pretty confident that he merely wanted a quiet day, one which he could spend curled up in bed with Olivia should he want to. Shaking his head, he pressed another kiss to her neck before he applied slight pressure with his teeth, causing Olivia’s eyes to flash open. “What are you doing?” she mumbled, gently swatting his head away from her.

“I am trying to wake you up” Iker replied innocently “Today is the 24th of November” he grinned.

“I know the date Iker, but you have known me long enough to know that on my birthday, I love to lie in” she yawned, snuggling deeper into her pillow.

“I do know that, but before, you didn’t have a wonderful boyfriend that was very excited about showing you the presents he managed to get for you” Iker grinned.

Olivia sighed. “Sometimes, I think I preferred it when you let me sleep in the spare room” she muttered as moved to sit up.

Iker smirked. “There is nothing stopping you from going back there nena, just me and the wonderful sex” he quipped, earning a small blush on her cheeks.

“Do you have to be so crude first thing in the morning?” she mumbled “I haven’t got my mind ready to fire back some quick retort” she noted.

Iker smiled and pressed a little kiss to her cheek. “It’s kind of the point” he noted before he leant over the side of the bed, collecting the small bag of presents that he had gotten for her.

“You didn’t have to” Olivia mumbled, staring the neatly wrapped gifts.

“I kind of did. I would be the worst best friend/ boyfriend in the world if I didn’t get you anything” he noted with a small smile.

Olivia nodded. “You’re right, I was merely trying to be polite” she smiled.

Iker rolled his eyes. “Just open the presents, Oli. After this, we have breakfast with my parents and then you have work” he noted.

“You brighten up my day” she noted, slightly sarcastically.

Iker offered her a cheeky smile in return before he gestured to the small pile of gifts. “Get on with it” he noted.

Olivia nodded her head and turned to the presents, lifting up the smallest one first. “You’d best not have bought me something stupidly expensive” she commented, gently undoing the pleasant lilac paper that had been taped around the box.

“Dios mio, Oli, just open the presents” Iker noted, false frustration in his voice.

Olivia giggled and pulled the paper off, marveling at the beautiful fountain pen that Iker had thoughtfully bought for her. “I know you like to handwrite your notes, rather than type them, and I thought you could use something a little more special than the pens you tend to use” he explained gently.

Olivia just shook her head. She had to admit she was slightly surprised by the thought he had put into the gift.

“Open the next one” Iker encouraged, nudging her shoulder slightly.

Olivia shook her head before she placed her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. “I can’t believe you thought of that” she noted speaking into the side of his neck. Iker hugged her tightly. “I know you, nena, better than you know yourself sometimes” he cooed lovingly. Olivia just proceeded to hug him tighter, mumbling that she loved him, a sentiment that Iker was more than happy to return.

~#~
“You look very pretty this evening” Iker smiled as he set his arms around Olivia, hugging her to his chest as they stood at the head of the restaurant, waiting for a waiter to show them to their table. It had been a nice day, Olivia had well and truly been spoiled by Iker, and she had to admit a little part of her enjoyed it. She liked being the centre of his attention and part of her hoped she had many more birthdays to spend with him.

“Thank you. My lovely boyfriend bought me a very pretty dress” Olivia replied, pressing a little kiss to his cheek.

“Your boyfriend has impeccable taste” Iker replied lightly “Both in fashion, and in girlfriends” he added.

Olivia giggled and moved to place a kiss against his lips, only to be caught by the waiter who moved towards them, clearing his throat slightly. “Your table will be ready in 10 minutes. We’re just setting it up as you asked, Senor Casillas” he explained politely.

Iker nodded his head. “We will go and get a drink from the bar. You will come and get us when it is ready?” he posed.

The waiter nodded his head and scurried away, allowing Iker to lead Olivia over towards the bar where he quickly ordered them two glasses of expensive champagne. “You know you don’t have to do that, don’t you?” Olivia mumbled as Iker moved to sit on one of the bar stools, situating his girlfriend between his legs.

“I know” he noted gently “But it isn’t every day that you turn 30 and I kind of want to make a fuss. I know you won’t let me do it all the time, but surely I can have special occasions right?” he posed.

Olivia smiled. “I suppose you can” she teased “But you promise that you won’t surprise me all of the time with stupidly expensive things right? I am not quite in a position to reciprocate” she explained.

Iker smiled. “I promise, mi amor” he cooed lovingly.

Olivia smiled at the cute little nickname and placed a peck on his lips.

“Olivia? Iker?” Olivia pulled away from Iker at the sound of the voice calling their names. Frowning, she offered a little look towards the goalkeeper who looked equally confused before she turned on her heel, her blue eyes widening at the sight of Isobel who stood behind them, a wide, smug grin perched on her face. “Oh my gosh, it is you. I heard all about this” she noted, gesturing between the pair, but neither of them were listening, instead, their eyes rested on her stomach, or, more specifically, on her baby bump.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo for the comment :)