Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

27: Going Nowhere

Staring up at the ceiling which sat above her head, Olivia closed her eyes slightly, trying desperately to refrain from screaming. She knew it wasn’t his fault, Iker had probably never intended to get Isobel pregnant, but now that he had, Olivia didn’t quite know what to do with herself. She knew it had little to do with her, whatever Iker agreed with Isobel was in no way related to what they had, but still she was nervous. The mere thought of Isobel, a girl who clearly didn’t like Olivia, spending time around Iker made Olivia’s stomach turn. She couldn’t help but think the worst.

“Oli?” Iker’s voice was soft and shy as the door quietly opened, allowing him to lightly step inside “Amor, you’re still up” he noted.

Olivia nodded her head feebly. “I can’t exactly find it in myself to sleep right now” she mumbled, hugging the pillow which sat in her lap a little tighter “I can’t stop myself from thinking about that woman” she added, scrunching the pillow case up in her hand.

Iker sighed. “I am sorry” he murmured.

Olivia shook her head. “You don’t have anything to apologize for” she commented “I just hate that she has appeared again, just as things were looking promising for us” she mumbled.

Iker stepped towards the bed and gently sat down at her side, his larger hand gently taking hers. “Things are still promising for us” he enthused gently “Oli, it doesn’t matter if Isobel is carrying my baby, it doesn’t change my feelings for you and we can’t let it change the way things are for us. I love you, and I am not going to suddenly stop just because that girl has shown up again. I want you, I love you, and I am not just letting you go” he explained softly, his thumb tracing the back of her hand.

Olivia shook her head. “Don’t pretend that it will be that simple” she mumbled “You know as well as I do that she wants something out of this, and the nervous girlfriend part of me can’t help but think it is you. Iker, you would make a wonderful papa and if Isobel wants you, I don’t know what I can do to stop her” she whispered lightly. She knew that it wasn’t rational, but she couldn’t help it. In Olivia’s mind, Isobel was the better choice and it was only a matter of time before the keeper realized it.

“It is that simple” Iker noted firmly “And you don’t have to stop her from doing anything. Olivia, I know my mind and my feelings and they both lie with you” he added, pulling her hand to his lips.

Olivia shook her head and opened her mouth to retort, only to have Iker kiss her to shut her up. “Oli, I love you” he repeated lightly “And that isn’t something that is going to change, regardless of what Isobel does. I want to be with you” he smiled lightly.

“But…”

“No, no buts. You’re the sweetest, prettiest, most wonderful girl in the whole wide world and Isobel’s bump hasn’t miraculously changed that” Iker interjected.

Olivia sighed a little in defeat. She could see that she wasn’t going to get her worries through to him without him insisting that they were unfounded. “Are you sure the baby is yours?” she mumbled.

“Isobel says it is, but I think we both know that she is capable of lying in order to get what she wants. I am going to talk to a lawyer, have him write up a contract that will insist that she needs to take a paternity test before I even contemplate giving her anything. If she refuses, or the results are negative, then she won’t be getting a thing from me” he noted.

“Do you think it is?” Olivia poked, playing shyly with his hand.

“It adds up” he noted lightly “The dates seem right” he added.

“Do you want it to be?” Olivia posed, her teeth gently nibbling on the corner of her lip.

“What sort of question is that?” Iker mumbled.

“Do you want Isobel’s baby to be yours?” Olivia repeated.

Iker sighed. “I want a baby” he admitted gently “It is something that has been on my mind for a little while, but I don’t really want Isobel to be the mother. I always imagined that I would have a baby with the girl I wanted to marry” he explained softly.

Olivia smiled slightly. “You’re such a hopeless romantic” she mumbled, edging across the bed slightly so that he could sit next to her.

“Perhaps” he shrugged “But it is one of the reasons that you love me” he commented with a grin.

Olivia wrapped her arms around his waist and placed her head against his chest. “I love you for a lot of reasons, but I think the most important is that you know exactly how to make me feel better” she noted.

Iker ducked down and pressed a kiss to her head. “I don’t like you being sad” he mumbled.

Olivia sighed. “You’re not going to leave, are you?” she murmured.

Iker shook his head, gently pulling her up so that their eyes were level. “Olivia Garcia, I am not going anywhere” he noted firmly “Isobel may be carrying my child, we don’t know that for sure, but what we do know is that we work, far better than either of us could have anticipated and that it is going to take a lot to make me give that up. I don’t know how it will work if Isobel’s baby is mine and I don’t pretend in that case that it will be easy, but I know the thought of losing you terrifies me. Oli, I don’t know how many times if have to say it for you to understand, but I love you, no one else, just you” he explained, a little smile pulling at the corner of his mouth.

Olivia blushed gently. “I believe you” she whispered.

“Good” Iker noted, pressing a little kiss to her forehead “Now, do you have any other questions to ask before I go and find some menus? I don’t know about you, but I am starving” he quipped.

Olivia shook her head. “Go and find some menus” she noted with a giggle.

Iker moved to stand up and placed his hand against her cheek, gently brushing it with the tips of his fingers. “I’m going nowhere Oli” he noted firmly.

“I believe you” she repeated.

Iker smiled at her lightly and pressed another kiss to her forehead. “Good” he quipped before he padded out of the room.

Olivia stared after him and sighed. She wished she could know if he meant what he was saying.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Yaninkin9, Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)