Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

28: Go The Distance

Straightening her skirt, Olivia spared a look into the mirror, noting the small purple marks that lingered just beneath her usually bright blue eyes. She knew that it was stupid, Iker had gone above and beyond when it came to convincing her that things would be OK, but still she worried. She knew what Isobel could be like, even before their altercation, Olivia had known that she was strong willed and determined, and if Isobel’s baby was Iker’s then there was no doubt in Olivia’s mind that Isobel would try and get rid of her. Sighing, she smoothed out her blouse slightly before she felt Iker’s hand on her hips, something which made her smile slightly. She was concerned, there was no way that she couldn’t be, but the fact that Iker’s demeanor hadn’t changed reassured her slightly. He was himself, the same loving and sweet boyfriend she had grown accustomed to and she knew that that was a good thing. He didn’t seemed fazed.

“Were you trying to sneak out without saying goodbye?” Iker mumbled as he placed his head in the gap between her neck and shoulders, gently pressing a kiss to her pale skin.

“You were sleeping” Olivia mumbled gently in return “And you’re on a rest day. I didn’t want to disturb you” she commented.

“A kiss goodbye is not considered a disturbance, Oli” Iker smiled against her skin “In fact, it would be one of the most pleasant ways to wake up” he added.

“I’ll remember that next time” Olivia commented “But right now, I have to go” she added, pulling away from him slightly so that she could retrieve her bag.

“Are you free for lunch?” Iker posed as he watched her. He knew that there was something off, Olivia seemed quiet to him and that was something that she rarely was, but he didn’t want to talk about it again. Until Isobel had done a paternity test and confirmed whether he was the father or not, there was no sense in bringing it up again. There were only so many ways he could tell Olivia that he loved her and that he wanted to be with her.

“I don’t know” Olivia noted.

“Come on, Oli, I can treat you to the romantic meal we missed out on last night” he noted lightly.

Olivia peeked up at him. “You really want to do that?” she posed.

“I wouldn’t offer if I didn’t” Iker replied, a light smile on his face.

Olivia couldn’t help but smile in return. There was merely something about his smile that brightened her mood. “Alright. I should be done by about 2” she explained, placing her bag onto her shoulder.

“Good” Iker replied “Because if you had said no, I planned on showing up anyways and sweet-talking your boss into letting you go” he grinned.

Olivia shook her head. “You’d never have done that” she commented.

“I would have done if it meant I could have a make-up dinner with my beautiful girlfriend” he replied smartly.

Olivia’s cheeks flushed lightly at the compliment. “You’re a remarkably smooth talker when you want to be” she muttered.

Iker smiled and moved to press a kiss against her lips. “I only do it for you, mi amor. Now, before I even think about getting you out of that skirt, you should probably go. I will see you for lunch” he smiled, gently tucking a strand of her dark hair away from her eyes.

“I will see you then” Olivia confirmed before she pecked his lips lightly once more, feeling a little more buoyant about the day.

~#~
“Oli, there is someone waiting at the front desk for you” Callie noted as she skittered into the office. It had been a quiet day, Olivia had spent most of it composing a piece that commented on the transfer business that was likely to occur in the impending January window, and she was pleased that it was almost over. Part of her had butterflies over the idea of heading out to dinner with Iker.

“Can I ask who?” she commented, stowing her laptop into her bag.

Callie shook her head. “You know who. A certain dashing keeper who happens to be carrying the prettiest, and biggest, bouquet of flowers I have ever seen” she fussed softly, earning a slight blush on Olivia’s cheeks.

“He’s really got flowers?” she quipped.

“About two dozen of them” Callie smiled “He’s clearly trying to make up for something” she added.

Olivia shook her head. “Guys don’t just buy their girlfriends gifts when they have done something wrong, Callie” she noted.

“So he’s just being cute?” Callie posed.

“He’s quite capable of doing that” Olivia quipped, a pale pink hue on her cheeks.

Callie shook her head. “The pair of you are irritatingly adorable” she commented lightly “I can’t work out whether I love the pair of you together, or want to throttle you” she teased.

Olivia poked her tongue out slightly. “We’re great” she teased before she skittered out of the office, her blue eyes lighting up at the sight of Iker who stood in the foyer, the aforementioned bouquet of beautiful flowers held in his hands. “What are those for?” she posed.

Iker smiled. “Why, they are for you of course” he commented, handing them over to her “A little part of me saying sorry for last night” he added.

Olivia sighed. “You don’t have to say sorry any more than you already have. You didn’t know Isobel was going to show up and drop that bomb on us” she noted, her nose inhaling the pretty scent of the flowers in her hand.

“I know, but it was your birthday and I just want to make sure that we are OK” he noted.

“Iker, we’re fine” she commented lightly.

“You sure? Because you did try and sneak out on me this morning and appeared awfully hesitant when I suggested having lunch together” he replied.

Olivia shrugged. “It’s stupid” she commented “I know you love me, I know you want to be with me, but part of me is still scared and I am just going to need a little time to get accustomed to the idea of Isobel having your baby before…”Olivia closed her mouth, not wanting to finish her sentence.

Iker frowned a little. “Before what?” he posed.

Olivia shook her head.

“Olivia” Iker encouraged “Tell me what you were going to say” he noted, tweaking a little smile.

Olivia sighed. “Before we had a chance to reach that point together” she mumbled.

Iker blinked. “You think about that?” he squeaked.

Olivia shrugged. “Not really, but I have thought, once or twice, that this could be the last relationship I have. It’s you and, in my head at least, it all works out for us and we go the distance. But I guess I am struggling to accept that I might not be the first girl who has your baby” she explained sheepishly, her cheeks darkening in colour with every word.

Iker noted the colour on her cheeks and smiled fondly, pressing a little kiss against the warm skin. “You’re too cute” he muttered.

“Iker” Olivia whined.

“What?” he chuckled “You’re adorable. Oli, even if Isobel is having my baby, that doesn’t change a thing about what we have here. I think the same as you, we could go the distance, and maybe we will have to factor in you having a step child, but you having our first baby will still be pretty special” he commented with a small grin.

Olivia bit her lip lightly. “You really think like that?” she smiled.

“Of course I do” he commented before he moved to take her hand “I’d be a moron if I didn’t” he added.

Olivia grinned and cuddled into his side slightly as they began to walk out of the building. Sometimes, he made her a little giddy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)