Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

29: Stuck With Me

“I can’t quite believe that we are being this lazy” Iker mumbled gently as he snuggled into his pillow a little more, his dark eyes admiring the beautiful brunette who was laying happily at his side, flicking through the channels on the TV screen. It had been a couple of weeks since they had run into Isobel and with Iker having played his last match before the winter break, the pair were making the most of the time they had before the holidays got underway. They had wanted it to be quiet, it was their first Christmas as a couple after all, but between Iker’s parents and Olivia’s brother, they had their work cut out. They were due to spend Christmas Eve with Iker’s family and were expected to spend Christmas day with Daniel, his wife and their two children who were making the trip over to Madrid to see them, something which concerned Iker slightly. He knew that Daniel wasn’t overly fond of him, the old man never had been, and he didn’t want the older man causing a problem between him and Olivia. Things were hard enough with Isobel seemingly refusing to take a paternity test on the baby, and the last thing Iker wanted was Daniel making things worse. Olivia was clearly still struggling slightly with the Isobel situation and didn’t need Daniel sticking his nose in where it didn’t belong.

“It what people on vacation do” Olivia mumbled, cuddling into his chest “They lounge around and watch TV all day. Don’t tell me that isn’t something you do” she commented, her blue eyes peeking up at him.

“Not really” he noted “It seems a little wasteful” he added.

“Wasteful” Olivia scoffed “You call lying in bed with me all day wasteful?” she poked.

Iker smirked. “That would depend on what we are doing” he grinned, earning a small punch to his shoulder. “What? Doing that seems a little more productive that doing this. It’s nearly noon and it baffles me that we aren’t out of bed yet” he complained.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “You’re the worst person to be on break with” she grumbled, sitting up slightly.

Iker scoffed. “I can think of worse people” he noted.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “What do you want to do then, Iker?” she posed.

“We could go for a run” he noted “And then we could go shopping in town for some last minute Christmas gifts before I took you to lunch and told you how pretty you look when you’re mad” he grinned.

Olivia shook her head. “That doesn’t sound that bad” she mumbled.

“I will only make us run half a mile” Iker bargained.

“It’s getting better” Olivia noted, trying to hide her smile.

“We can go to that Mexican restaurant that you love and I will buy you an extra Christmas present” Iker suggested.

“Now, it sounds like plan” Olivia giggled.

Iker rolled his eyes. “You know, as my girlfriend, I probably shouldn’t have to bribe you to make you spend time with me” he commented as he climbed out of the bed, pulling Olivia to her feet.

“I know” she commented, happily placing her arms around his neck “But seeing as I have to put up with you all of the time, I should probably get a little something in return” she teased.

Iker scoffed. “You should love spending time with me. I’m clever, strong and handsome. Let’s face it Oli, you’re not going to do much better” he played along.

Olivia smiled and placed her hands lightly against his cheeks, pressing a light kiss to his lips. “I don’t want to do better” she mumbled between soft kisses “I love you” she giggled.

Iker wrapped his arms around her waist and held her close, mumbling the same 3 words in reply.

~#~
“You know, you ought to appreciate how much effort I have gone through with these presents” Olivia commented as she sat down at the table they had gotten for lunch “I had to spend a lot of time thinking” she added, setting the bags beside her feet.

“I am sure they’re wonderful” Iker commented “Not quite as thoughtful as the presents I go for you, but…” he smirked playfully.

Olivia scoffed. “I will totally beat you at the game of who bought the most thoughtful present for the other” she played along.

“If the birthday present I bought for you is anything to go by, you don’t stand a chance” Iker grinned.

Olivia smiled at the thought. Even if her birthday had been largely ruined by Isobel, Iker’s presents had made up for it in part. They’d each been equally thoughtful and she was a little amazed that he had come up with them. It wasn’t a side of him she had ever seen when they’d been stuck in the friend-zone.

“Oli?” Iker posed.

Olivia blinked. “Huh?” she posed.

“You drifted off. Are you OK, querida?” he posed.

Olivia nodded. “I was just thinking about the birthday presents you got for me and how great they were” she explained.

“That’s because I am a wonderful boyfriend” Iker teased sweetly.

“You’re definitely that” she cooed “And I was thinking about how glad I was about that fact” she added with a grin.

“I’m glad you’re glad” Iker replied with a sot smile.

Olivia pressed a light kiss to his cheek before she pushed her seat back. “I’m going to pop to the bathroom. Order me a drink when the waiter comes around” she smiled.

Iker nodded dutifully and watched her go before he leant down towards his own bag, pulling out the small rectangular box that he’d managed to pick up without Olivia noticing. It was a little quick, by the time Christmas rolled around, he and Olivia would have only been dating for 5 months, but he already knew that he wanted to ask her. She spent most nights at his place anyways and it made little sense in his mind for her to keep the apartment that she was paying rent on if she was never there. Smiling, he flipped the lid open and gently brushed his finger over the freshly cut key that he hoped to present to Olivia on Christmas day. It was fast, he knew it, but after 5 years of friendship and 5 months of dating he was sure that he wanted Olivia around all the time. He wanted to take a step that would make her see that no matter else what happened, he wanted to have her around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)