Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

30: I’m Not Scared

“Remind me why we agreed to have your relatives over?” Iker mumbled as he peeked around airport, his dark eyes searching the vast crowds for any sign of Olivia’s older brother and his family. It was late, after spending the day with his family, Olivia had informed him that Daniel’s flight from Melbourne had been slightly delayed, but he was a little irked that they had to be the ones who greeted them at the airport. All Iker wanted to do was head home and fall asleep, preferably with Olivia tucked safely at his side.

“Because I spent the day with your parents and Unai and when Danny heard that I was doing that, he insisted on flying out. It’s been nearly a year since I saw him last” Olivia replied, pushing herself up onto her toes in order to get a better look around the vast room.

“And? I would have happily paid for you to go out in the New Year” Iker replied.

Olivia frowned before she turned to face her boyfriend, one of her dark eyebrows lifting slightly. “Iker” she noted “Are you still scared of Danny?” she posed.

Iker scoffed. “I am not scared of your brother” he noted dismissively.

Olivia nodded her head slowly. “So, if I told you that he was stood behind you, you’d be OK with that?” she teased.

Iker’s dark eyes widened fractionally as he peeked over his shoulder, something which made Olivia squeak with laughter. “Dios mio, you are scared of him” she giggled “Any particular reason why?” she added.

Iker sighed. “I just know how protective he can be of you. You were 16 when your parents…passed away and Daniel’s always been extra protective of you when it comes to men. He broke my nose the first time I met him and since then, I have always been a little anxious around him. He doesn’t exactly love me” he admitted softly.

Olivia smiled softly at him and placed her arms around his neck, holding him close to her. “Iker, Danny doesn’t like any man who he thinks is going to hurt me and when he met you for the first time, that’s what he thought you were. A footballer who had found someone to use. But, after 5 years, I think he has come to see that you’re not going anywhere, especially since we’re dating now and I think he will be fine with you. He’ll never love you, but that’s because he’s never going to love the man who is sleeping with his baby sister, and not because you’re a bad guy. It’s going to be fine” she assured him gently. She understood why he was scared, Daniel had never been the warmest towards him, but Olivia was sure that it would be alright. Daniel had never been the type of big brother that would try and push her boyfriend away from her.

“Are you sure? Iker muttered, setting his hands on her hips.

“Pretty sure” Olivia smiled, slightly teasingly.

“Oli, you’re not helping” the keeper complained.

Olivia pushed herself up onto her toes and placed a light kiss onto his lips. “Better?” she posed.

“A little” Iker teased.

“Iker” Olivia complained gently as she shook her head.

“What? I like you kissing me” he teased.

“Well, you’d best keep it to a minimum around me” Iker’s stomach flipped a little as Daniel’s voice snipped into his ears, causing him to drop his grasp on Olivia out of instinct. The brunette shook her head softly and stepped out of Iker’s arms, moving to greet her brother with a hug. “You’ve got to be nice to him” she mumbled in Daniel’s ear “He’s my boyfriend and I am not having him run away from me because of you” she added.

Daniel nodded his head gently and moved to shake the keeper’s hand. “It’s alright, Iker” he mused softly “I am only playing with you. Oli’s already informed me that I ought to be on my best behavior throughout this trip because, in her words, she loves you and doesn’t want my protective brother bullshit messing it up for her” he noted.

Iker smiled feebly. “I hope you enjoy your stay” he bumbled out, not quite sure what else to say.

Daniel chuckled. “I forgot that you were kind of scared of me” he smirked.

“Terrified more like” Olivia teased, padding back over to them with one of her nephews balanced against her hip “Iker’s been freaking out all day” she noted teasingly.

“That’s not true” Iker defended.

“It is” Olivia quipped.

Daniel shook his head, mumbling about how they’d never changed, before he padded back over to his wife, leaving Iker and Olivia alone with her younger nephew. “See” she commented “I told you it’d be OK” she smiled.

“You were right” Iker conceded gently “And who is this little guy?” he added, moving to smile at the little boy.

Olivia grinned. “This is my nephew, Ayrton. He’s nearly two now” she enthused gently.

Iker smiled. He couldn’t help but notice how at home Olivia looked with Ayrton on her hip. She looked completely at ease and like a complete natural. “He’s a cute one” he smiled.

“He certainly is” Olivia grinned “It still amazes me that he is Daniel’s son, but I thought that when he and Lori had Jackson” she added.

Iker smiled at the comment and moved to greet Ayrton who shyly hid his face in his aunt’s shoulder, drawing a small giggle from Olivia. “He’s a little shy, but trust me, when you give him his presents tomorrow, he’ll love you” she mused, gently shifting the toddler against her hip.

Iker nodded his head lightly before he moved to place his arm around Olivia’s waist, guiding her back towards Daniel and his wife. “Are we ready to get moving?” he posed.

Daniel nodded his head. “We’re going to take a cab back to the hotel and we will see the pair of you tomorrow morning” he explained.

Iker nodded and extended his hand to the older man, allowing him to shake it firmly. It was a little scary, Iker still didn’t know quite what to make of Daniel, but he knew that he had to at least try. Having her brother and his family around meant a lot to Olivia and he wanted to make the effort with them. He wanted them to accept that he was Olivia’s boyfriend and that that was a fact that wasn’t going to change for a while if he had his way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comment :)